Warlock Green Fire

(Locked)

24 Blood Elf Paladin
I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong spot and also if this has been brought up before in another thread.

Why are Warlocks getting a whole unique scenario and quest line for something as simple as green fire? I mean, that seems to me something that could of been a glyph. Druids have the Glyph of Stars which gives them an Astral Form. That also could of been that also could of turned into a scenario to perhaps align them with cosmos and what not.

I guess my question is, Why is this similar to Rogues getting an exclusive quest line for a legendary? Will this happen more for each class?
90 Undead Warlock
Been asking for it since their inception. It's sort of an apology from Blizzard in my opinion. That and maybe the herald of things to come. Perhaps we'll see more quests similar to this in the future for other classes.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Because it's something that has been requested for ages. Warlocks barely get anything besides neat clothes. I think Blizzard is just doing this to either

A: Spoil the warlocks who have stayed with the class even if their population is low
B: Lure in new warlocks to come play.
90 Draenei Monk
It's not that exciting. It's just Black Temple and it looks exactly the same as it did in the raid. The bosses actually require knowing how to play a warlock.
90 Troll Death Knight
Was wondering when these posts would start up. The not fair posts.
39 Dwarf Paladin
Was wondering when these posts would start up. The not fair posts.

Instead of people complaining that warlocks get something like this, they should be hoping its a great success and well received, and starts a trend for cool quest lines like this for other classes.
90 Human Warlock
02/07/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Kesli
Instead of people complaining that warlocks get something like this, they should be hoping its a great success and well received, and starts a trend for cool quest lines like this for other classes.

Exactly! n_n
24 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not saying "NOT FAIR" I'm merely posing this question as it's just cosmetic to a spell yet other classes have a glyph for cosmetic spells.

*Edit* and also if this a "more to come" as I referred to the Rogue quest line.
Edited by Soface on 2/7/2013 3:42 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
02/07/2013 03:40 PMPosted by Soface
I'm not saying "NOT FAIR" I'm merely posing this question as it's just cosmetic to a spell yet other classes have a glyph for cosmetic spells.

Why make it into a boring old glyph when you can have an exciting questline that expands on the lore of your class?
90 Human Warlock
I want my green fire!!
90 Orc Warrior
Don't look at it at a class favoritism way. Look at it like this: the green fire quest may just be Blizzard testing the waters for class specific scenarios and questlines. Ones that make the old class quests look passe' and pitiful. (Not that that's hard mind you)
24 Blood Elf Paladin
But that's the response I was hoping for. How cool would it be if the island was similar to DKs being able to go back to there starting zone or Monks doing the same thing, having their own unique area in Kun-Lai.

It would be cool if this was a Warlock hangout place exclusive to them where they can do Warlock things and train pets or something. Make more use out of it than just getting Green Fire. I hope this is a hindsight to come for other classes.
90 Orc Warlock
02/07/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Jadepyre
I want my green fire!!

Green is so last year....We want rainbow!!!!!!
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/december/rainbow3.jpg
90 Goblin Warlock
02/07/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Rosenivy
B: Lure in new warlocks to come play.

I think this is a large part of it. Rogues got legendaries to help bolster their numbers, now we're getting the fire people were asking for.

Depending on how much the class population influenced that decision hunters may never see class content again XD
24 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Soface
I guess my question is, Why is this similar to Rogues getting an exclusive quest line for a legendary? Will this happen more for each class?

As I said, I am not complaining by any means.
90 Draenei Shaman
02/07/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Gorkag
Don't look at it at a class favoritism way. Look at it like this: the green fire quest may just be Blizzard testing the waters for class specific scenarios and questlines. Ones that make the old class quests look passe' and pitiful. (Not that that's hard mind you)

This is what I'm hoping for. :) so let's hope it's amazing and goes down well!
90 Undead Warlock
Warlocks barely get anything besides neat clothes. I think Blizzard is just doing this to either ...

^
That made me laugh. Warlocks for mop got ridiculously overhauled where their far superior casters-- and will continue to get good fixes (aslong as a certain GC plays them). Each spec is entirely different from one another and provide such unique play styles and experiences to them that makes the game vastly more entertaining than any other dps class. Its a wonderful job done by the class designers for warlocks. Wish others get the same in the future.

I think this is a large part of it. Rogues got legendaries to help bolster their numbers, now we're getting the fire people were asking for.

^ The rogue population was bolstered as much as it was because everyone and their mom made rogue alts and came out of the woodwork to get the legendary for either pvp, to just get a legendary, or get the account FoS etc. That # is not plain people playing rogues as mains. This will only hopefully cause an influx of people making warlock alts to get to see the content. Green fire won't make people roll locks as mains, our extreme high damage, playstyle, and talent system will.

This post does make sense to the fact that if it were a 'class' legendary such as the rogue legendary quest chain or whatever etc. It would be appropriate and well put to have a "special" event or quest to accompany the end reward-- Now the reward being just green fire seems rather a Big Build up for such mediocre result. (Not complaining I like having special !@#$, fine by me. Makes the game interesting just awkward a big thing for just 'green fire' that you could of model changed yourself years ago) Especially when like the OP stated everyone gets these implements in glyph form currently, its no big deal for them but it is for us. (Shadow ravens, spirit of redemption as a valk, etc)

I would hope this is a precursor to every class having their own "quest story experience" like previous days in vanilla.
Edited by Reesé on 2/7/2013 3:58 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Because Blizzard owes us.

(and we're holding their bunny hostage.)
39 Dwarf Paladin
02/07/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Reesé
That made me laugh. Warlocks for mop got ridiculously overhauled where their far superior casters-- and will continue to get good fixes (aslong as a certain GC plays them).

I was under the impression GC plays a mage, and the developer responsible for the warlock revamp in MoP, Xelnath, was fired a while ago.
90 Orc Warrior
02/07/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Kesli
I was under the impression GC plays a mage,

I too was under this erroneous assumption that was based entirely on nothing just like any other post that says GC favors whatever class he may or may not be playing at some nondescript point in time.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]