New 90 mage .. worth it to get contender set?

90 Troll Mage
Hi all,

I took a 2 year break from WoW, and I just got back into it. Basically, I want to know if it's worth it to spend all my spirits of harmony to buy the recipes for the season 12 contender set. Since 5.2 is just around the corner, I don't know if it's worth it or not.

I have been out of the loop for so long that i don't really know what is happening when. Will there be a new season 13 set we can buy with spirits of harmony?

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread :/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Meh, I don't think so. I'd probably just start farming honor or wait for 5.2.

In 5.2, you can craft what is now honor gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I know how frustrating it can be jumping into a Season that you were gone for the majority of it's season. Not having the gear and feeling useless to the team, but that isn't entirely the case. You as a Mage is even more incredibly lucky, since you rock heavy CC, snares and harassing techniques that is available to you without the need of being geared up (that will come in time).

I got off topic a little and meant to say that, hold off on buying the set, unless you're a collector of recipes like myself, and stock up on honor. Get close to the 4000 cap and spend a few points, but hover around it.

Play smart and defensively in BGs. Stick with groups. Sheep, Ring of Frost, Novas, snares, all will help contribute immensely to your team without you actually having to kill anything (it'll be difficult with lack of gear). You don't need to be all gun-hoe.

I hope this helps. Cheers ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I will say it has helped immensely on my newly 90 disc priest. I couldn't speak to the effectiveness of the set for a mage though, as this is my PvE character lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]