Only 1.7 Million 90s on NA Realms

90 Blood Elf Mage
Shame to see that the OP's post was buried. I've noticed a great drop in level 90 players, but meh, Blizz has already lost 500k subs since the last quarter. If they lose another 500k, that's roughly one million players lost in less than a year since the release of a new expansion. Will be interesting to see how things go.
Reply Quote
97 Gnome Mage
02/07/2013 10:38 PMPosted by Palastorm
Non of my alts are at level 90.

5 90s and two accounts here... also quite a few alts leveling
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Emeraldleigh
I've noticed a great drop in level 90 players, but meh, Blizz has already lost 500k subs since the last quarter.

Someone saw my point. I enjoyed leveling, I did the questing experience for Horde and Alliance. I had fun but after that, I find myself less interested in the game. I used to have a realm community and all i have been able to hang on to was guidies and they are slowly dropping. Finding people who want to raid in a casual yet persistent(3hrs 3d/week) group is being an issue. People just show up and go through the motions and log off. Even I do that. I play on one of the higher pop realms and the raid leaders I talk to are having the exact same issue. Activity has never been this low this fresh into an xpac.

I myself have looked into other MMO, most of my guild mates are either playing GW2/Rift or awaiting ESO between raids. I was in public gaming TS and this subject came up, one point was made.

"I would rather research upcomming MMOs then log in to WoW right now"

Guess its just a tad disappointing, well back to playing WC3 Elf Campaign
Edited by Arathyn on 2/8/2013 12:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
i got 4 90's, almost 5. 3/4 are on a NA realm. this one on oceanic. all my other alts are on the NA realm.

edit to add:

the new scenery is beautiful. however its a damn struggle to get anywhere or get anything done. there are few raiding guilds, i cant guarantee that i can raid at exact times either so i dont want to let a team down that will depend on me, LFR i have the worst luck ever in, same as heroics. at this rate im not entering heart of fear or terrace before the new patch (yes yes RNG is a big part of MMOs).
i dont feel like im partaking in any significant warcraft lore anymore. no scourge, no demons and demi-gods, no dragons. Pandas and this new mogu and sha. it feels like a different game now. not good ol' warcraft.

this coupled with the fact noone i know plays anymore, makes this expansion dull and lonely for me.
Edited by Pachewychomp on 2/8/2013 12:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
The game is almost a decade old now..... You can't say this is unexpected.
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Monk
02/08/2013 12:29 AMPosted by Arathyn
Someone saw my point.

Could you point out the part where you actually made a point?

Hint: Down below is what a point looks like.

Those sites that have players use a mod are not even close to accurate.
I found that out for myself when I tested it.

I used a very big guild that I knew was big as a example.
I went to relmpop and one other and looked to see how many members of said guild had any activity for that week. It said 44 or around there had activity for the whole week.

I then looked at the armory and the same guild.
The aromory had 120+ members with activity in the last 24 hours alone.
240+ had activity listed on the armory for that week. The same week that relmpop claimed only 44.

One of them is way off.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Someone saw my point. I enjoyed leveling, I did the questing experience for Horde and Alliance. I had fun but after that, I find myself less interested in the game. I used to have a realm community and all i have been able to hang on to was guidies and they are slowly dropping. Finding people who want to raid in a casual yet persistent(3hrs 3d/week) group is being an issue. People just show up and go through the motions and log off. Even I do that. I play on one of the higher pop realms and the raid leaders I talk to are having the exact same issue. Activity has never been this low this fresh into an xpac.

I myself have looked into other MMO, most of my guild mates are either playing GW2/Rift or awaiting ESO between raids. I was in public gaming TS and this subject came up, one point was made.

I completely understand - our guild activity is significantly less compared to Cata. We have had a very hard time finding and recruiting good players (not really referring to stats or gear, just non-jerks and non GB looters).

I'm looking to buy ESO when it comes out, and I'm currently hoping to get into the beta. *fingers crossed* The fact that WoW had a half a million subscription loss with this much new content should speak for itself. We're not even half way through the expansion yet, but people find this acceptable?

Even high pop servers like mine are suffering from lack of those at cap level, and those that are at cap are too busy doing dailies to get coins and get their ilevel up to really be bothered. The LFR que for Terrace is outrageous...there's just not enough people running it at that ilevel.

Edited for grammar ^_^
Edited by Emeraldleigh on 2/8/2013 1:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
Could you point out the part where you actually made a point?

Hint: Down below is what a point looks like.

Since apparently you missed it despite being prominently displayed, this is not a revamp of the addon from the old realm census site. It is an entirely different method.

How - To get the list of characters for a realm, first we record all the characters who posted to the auction house. Then we fetch and record their guild rosters. This should cover the majority of characters on a realm. To avoid getting listed, a character must never post to the auction house, and never belong to a guild where a guild member posts to the auction house.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't have any 90's. I had been away since 2011 and resubscribed to see if I wanted to come back and buy MoP. I played for about a month, and had fun with transmog and pet battles, but I'm not interested enough to buy this expansion and keep an active subscription, so in a couple days, my account is going to expire again.

That's not to say WoW isn't a fun game, I really enjoy it. Fun to play here and there, but not worth $15/month when I get just as much enjoyment out of free games.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
How many active players don't have a 90?How many active players have more than one 90?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The realmpop site isn't terribly accurate. According to it I don't exist, nor does my guild.

It claims to use AH data. But several of my guildies use the AH regularly to sell. Nothing.
In fact, none of the paladins in my guild exist on that site.

I don't list stuff on the AH on this toon, therefore it doesn't exist.
Edited by Zandrae on 2/8/2013 2:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This is a surprise? As the older generation gets up in age they move on from the MMORPG genre entirely and the younger generation is more interested in calling each other names on LoL or CoD.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
A stranger planted a banana in my garden today. I didn't see him plant it, but another stranger told me he did. In two years, I expect to have 5 banana trees. This is a far better ratio than what you'd normally get from a banana, so my growing environment must be better than the tropics where they are usually grown.
Edited by Goldenaxe on 2/8/2013 2:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
70 Pandaren Monk
02/08/2013 01:13 AMPosted by Corrock
Since apparently you missed it despite being prominently displayed, this is not a revamp of the addon from the old realm census site. It is an entirely different method.

Nope, I read the supposedly prominently displayed incomplete data that is too insufficient to create a point. So again I ask, could someone point out the part where an actual point was made with some solid concrete data?
Reply Quote
Post buried by those in denial.

I'd love to see numbers for US & EU since they pay a different subscription model to Asia. The reason why WoW has so many more players than Rift, SWTOR & GW2 is that those games aren't played in China.

I have heard that US/EU make up about 1/2 of total subs. The thing is though. I heard that on this forum and I can't say whether or not it is accurate.

I'm going to state an opinion so keep that in mind when you reply back, if you do.

This game can never go back to the BC model, and Mop tries a little too hard, to going back to that model. Granted, MOP is better than BC when it comes to grinds and what not, but people were spoiled by wotlk and cata. The carrot on the stick has spoiled. People are tired of the chase, because at the end of the day, The chase never ends.

It might be an interesting idea to remove gear from the progression path. Replace it with what? I'm not really sure, but Blizzard has talented people working for them. I'm certain they can come up with something, and maybe they have and it just isn't meant for WOW? The next year to eighteen months will be interesting for sure, especially with A Blizzcon this year.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/08/2013 02:48 AMPosted by Zephinism
Post buried by those in denial.

I thought the same thing too when I saw that the post was buried. I don't think that WoW is going to crash n' burn tomorrow, but unless Blizz makes some changes, I don't think we'll see the 12 million peak that WotLK provided.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/08/2013 03:06 AMPosted by Alpharuff
I have heard that US/EU make up about 1/2 of total subs. The thing is though. I heard that on this forum and I can't say whether or not it is accurate.

It's been stated by Blizzard and many outside sources that a little over half of the players of WoW are from Asia. The other half is split between EU and NA pretty evenly, so it's safe to say that the actual North American player base is only around 2 million players.

Thats not bad, and it's still higher then most MMO's out there, also whenever anyone wants to throw around the weight of WoW's subscription numbers to prove a point, they get to include the Chinese market of players where most other MMO's aren't released.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
i have a couple of 90s but they aren't geared yet.
Reply Quote
11 Human Warrior
Those sites that have players use a mod are not even close to accurate.
I found that out for myself when I tested it.

I used a very big guild that I knew was big as a example.
I went to relmpop and one other and looked to see how many members of said guild had any activity for that week. It said 44 or around there had activity for the whole week.

I then looked at the armory and the same guild.
The aromory had 120+ members with activity in the last 24 hours alone.
240+ had activity listed on the armory for that week. The same week that relmpop claimed only 44.

One of them is way off.

Not to mention since it launched, Blizzard has said many times that the majority of players never reached max level with one character. For the most part endgame is something a small amount of people participate in. Most people log on fool around a for a bit and then log off with no intention of racing to max level to do anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]