Problem with raid finder loot system

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/08/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Mahourai
Not a player lost though. A new character takes their place.

You're not just going to keep gearing up new characters in perpetuity. If LFR showered you with loot you would stop playing, as you already tacitly admitted.

Um thanks for telling me how i play?
I have an 85-90 of every class but monk. Why would i not just swap over and gear another? Played the sh** out of just one character in hardcore raids Vanilla through wotlk, now i play more casual and enjoy maxing out alts and moving on. I never said i stop playing WoW, i said i play another toon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
02/08/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Suinet
If loot is won, item ID:xx is already owned so it won't award me that item. OR, it awards me the shard instead.

People want the same item for different reforges for respecs, they duel wield. Want the shard? Be an enchanter instead of trying to steal their profession.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Mate
If loot is won, item ID:xx is already owned so it won't award me that item. OR, it awards me the shard instead.

People want the same item for different reforges for respecs, they duel wield. Want the shard? Be an enchanter instead of trying to steal their profession.

Then allow me to put it up in a trade window for them to DE.
Unless that is possible now, i've never tried that, is that possible now?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have an 85-90 of every class but monk. Why would i not just swap over and gear another? Played the sh** out of just one character in hardcore raids Vanilla through wotlk, now i play more casual and enjoy maxing out alts and moving on. I never said i stop playing WoW, i said i play another toon.

Yes. You also said you stopped playing a character when it's geared. If you could gear every character in 2 weeks, you'd already be done with LFR for every one of your max level characters. Would you roll another DK just to have something to do, then? That's why I said it's a tacit admission, not an explicit one. Blizzard doesn't want you to stop playing your characters. It's not hard to see why they don't make design decisions that encourage you to do so.
Reply Quote

Would you roll another DK just to have something to do, then?

Actually... If you search Suinet you'll see I do have another DK, dreanei, started.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Would you roll another DK just to have something to do, then?

Actually... If you search Suinet you'll see I do have another DK, dreanei, started.

02/08/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Mahourai
Blizzard doesn't want you to stop playing your characters. It's not hard to see why they don't make design decisions that encourage you to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/08/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Suinet
When you frustrate people, they won't want to play the game anyway. You should make content people want to run again and again. Not pigeon hole them into running it again and again.

Nobody runs content again and again for nothing.

Every once in a while I pop in the Megaman NES games to play them again. And by "every once in a while" I mean like every 5 years, not once a week.

02/08/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Suinet

You're not just going to keep gearing up new characters in perpetuity. If LFR showered you with loot you would stop playing, as you already tacitly admitted.

If you had 10 characters at max level and geared them all in 2 weeks, you'd still beat the pace that Blizzard has established for new content. Plus, I'd say you're an anomaly for having 10 chars at maximum level. There's no reason why Blizzard should design content with that in mind.
Edited by Hyjinx on 2/8/2013 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
02/08/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Suinet

Then allow me to put it up in a trade window for them to DE.
Unless that is possible now, i've never tried that, is that possible now?

That's actually a good question. It's probably not possible, but only because of the fact that the enchanter would likely be from another server.

It might be worth making a thread to suggest that it be made possible for LFR loot to be placed in the "Not to be Traded" part of the trade window to allow for DE, but the cross-server restrictions would still have to be in place.
Reply Quote

If you had 10 characters at max level and geared them all in 2 weeks, you'd still beat the pace that Blizzard has established for new content. Plus, I'd say you're an anomaly for having 10 chars at maximum level. There's no reason why Blizzard should design content with that in mind.

It doesn't have to be 2 weeks.
But your point is true enough.

OP seems to have given up instantly, i will stop defending his point me thinks.
Edited by Suinet on 2/8/2013 1:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
02/08/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Fitsi
You admitt that you are getting gear very quickly from LFR and propose a new scheme that would not only feed you epics at a high rate but also customize those epics for you?

No this is not what im saying i am saying other people should have equal opportunity to get gear as i have, if i already have the item then give to to someone else, that's not that much to ask...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
All im asking is for the option to pass if i already have the item or don't NEED it, having everyone that can use it just auto need on it no matter what is stupid.
Reply Quote
02/12/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Alizak
No this is not what im saying i am saying other people should have equal opportunity to get gear as i have

They have got equal opportunity though.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
People forget that the reason we have the new system is because people used to need on everything they could regardless of whether they had it or something better. All the complaints came from people who hated this and didn't want arbitrary interference with their chances at gear. Not to mention the system could be gamed and guilds would push their raiders to run with them to gear up certain characters by funneling loot there.

So they change the system and a bunch of other people come out and complain that they liked the old system better and that this one isn't efficient enough.

Here's a thought. The OP has a lot of epics and hasn't run LFR every week it's been available. He's already got the item level necessary for 5.2 LFR. And yet he thinks the gearing process isn't fast or efficient enough.

A gearing system that is very fast and efficient effectively finishes the content well before the next patch is ready. Whatever LFR was intended to be, it's now just a loot pinata that is aimed at attracting the large majority of WoW's playerbase. Make it too fast to finish gearing from this pinata and you start to lose those very subs.

A little patience can go a long way. If you want super efficiency and instant gratification, I'd wager WoW is not the right game for you.
Reply Quote
the advantage of the old loot system was, losing the roll on an item enough times you would eventually get it because the majority no longer needed it. but yes the new loot system is worse don't even argue it isn't. on one of my toons i think i have won the same item 6 times it wasn't even worth 28.50 lol. keep in mind that lfr gear is welfare epics, it is what you want before moving to (real) raid conent.
Edited by Cozom on 2/13/2013 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/13/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Cozom
the advantage of the old loot system was, losing the roll on an item enough times you would eventually get it because the majority no longer needed it.
i never ran LFR DS with the same players, ever, no one ever passed on the item i needed, a new stranger always needed it as well...the only way i ever got an item is if i was lucky enough to win the dice roll over everyone else who rolled, and there was always someone else rolling
the new loot system is worse don't even argue it isn't.
um, i have more gear right now from LFR 5.0 then i did 5mos after LFR DS came out...so yeah, the new system rocks for me
Edited by Zaxan on 2/13/2013 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
the advantage of the old loot system was, losing the roll on an item enough times you would eventually get it because the majority no longer needed it. but yes the new loot system is worse don't even argue it isn't. on one of my toons i think i have won the same item 6 times it wasn't even worth 28.50 lol. keep in mind that lfr gear is welfare epics, it is what you want before moving to (real) raid conent.

No, that's the advantage of a guild raid format, not LFR.

Keep in mind that you don't need LFR gear to do Normal mode.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/12/2013 10:04 PMPosted by Alizak
All im asking is for the option to pass if i already have the item or don't NEED it, having everyone that can use it just auto need on it no matter what is stupid.

Well, before this system, they had that system.
People auto needed if they could, and people did death threats, vote kick abuse and bullying over loot they didnt even need.

I personally thought that just hiding all the rolls in the old system (and stopping trading) would have helped, but also a way to stop guild raids from alt stacking to gear up in lfr (By perhaps, not making lfr gear appealing to heroic raiders)
Edited by Postonforums on 2/13/2013 11:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
every little bit helps in the raid world, it would be down right stupid to argue that point.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/14/2013 01:57 AMPosted by Cozom
every little bit helps in the raid world, it would be down right stupid to argue that point.
of course every little bit helps, but you are asking for players in LFR to be able to bypass RNG and funnel loot to each other regardless of the fact that gearing up in LFR is supposed to be purely RNG based and not affected at all by other players beyond killing a boss or not
Edited by Zaxan on 2/14/2013 2:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
First, let me state I hate the new drop system in LFR. I have several toons which run lfr trying to get sha touched weapons and only one has successfully got them to drop. Two of them as a matter of fact. The problem is they are useless because they are one-handed weapons on a fury warrior which uses two-handed weapons. I could use them if I were willing to take a 7000 damage hit on each weapon. There have been many comments on the dropping of items which you either already have or are not as good as what you have. All I can say is Amen. I didn't mind running the lfr in Cat becuse I really thought that someday I would get the drops I needed (and I did). I do not believe that I will ever get the drops I need in MOP and it has turned a fun game into a grind. The last time I did something as bad as this was when I was trying to get the 2-handed troll weapon in arch. That took over three months. I know this has not been going on that long but it sure seems like it.
Edited by Jarmish on 2/14/2013 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]