Problem with raid finder loot system

90 Troll Death Knight
02/14/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Jarmish
First, let me state I hate the new drop system in LFR. I have several toons which run lfr trying to get sha touched weapons and only one has successfully got them to drop. Two of them as a matter of fact. The problem is they are useless because they are one-handed weapons on a fury warrior which uses two-handed weapons. I could use them if I were willing to take a 7000 damage hit on each weapon. There have been many comments on the dropping of items which you either already have or are not as good as what you have. All I can say is Amen. I didn't mind running the lfr in Cat becuse I really thought that someday I would get the drops I needed (and I did). I do not believe that I will ever get the drops I need in MOP and it has turned a fun game into a grind. The last time I did something as bad as this was when I was trying to get the 2-handed troll weapon in arch. That took over three months and this is taking much, much longer.

You do realize right smf is better than titans grip?
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
yes the lfr loot system sucks bad you either get gold 28g or you get an item that you already have that will normally only vendor for 16-24g (wheres my damn bag of gold)......

well if the idea of this raid finder loot is to slow gearing progression and keep players playing then just make normal and heroic raids drop loot like lfr loot....

there i said it problem solved! why must the people who grind like the raiding guilds and pay like the raiding guilds be punished with such a piece of crap system....

on my realm there is 1 really good guild and a few mediocre guilds! where are they? nowhere to be found but im sure we will see them back next patch meanwhile back here on the farm u have players that have a ton of alts they either dont have time for "schedule raids" or just like doing things on their own time.

alot of us play wow cause we love it... its not a job and we play cause we love to jump from alt to alt... twink etc.. etc..

why must the true wow players the true blizzard fans suffer with such a horrible fail degrading system???
Edited by Zinrokh on 2/14/2013 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/14/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Jarmish
First, let me state I hate the new drop system in LFR. I have several toons which run lfr trying to get sha touched weapons and only one has successfully got them to drop. Two of them as a matter of fact. The problem is they are useless because they are one-handed weapons on a fury warrior which uses two-handed weapons. I could use them if I were willing to take a 7000 damage hit on each weapon. There have been many comments on the dropping of items which you either already have or are not as good as what you have. All I can say is Amen. I didn't mind running the lfr in Cat becuse I really thought that someday I would get the drops I needed (and I did). I do not believe that I will ever get the drops I need in MOP and it has turned a fun game into a grind. The last time I did something as bad as this was when I was trying to get the 2-handed troll weapon in arch. That took over three months. I know this has not been going on that long but it sure seems like it.

You do realize that getting a specific drop has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the LFR system, right?

People have gone months/half a year/an expansion without seeing specific drops. The LFR system isn't to blame for you not getting Sha-Touched weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I didnt get what I wanted

ITS BOKRNE
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When I get something I don't want, I can shard it.

The loot system FINALLY encourages people to be enchanters, since if you aren't one, no one is going to be DEing your drop.
Reply Quote

The loot system FINALLY encourages people to be enchanters, since if you aren't one, no one is going to be DEing your drop.
the LFD system doesnt DE drops if no one is an enchanter, either...

LFD system - drops are for the group, any enchanter that is a member in the group means drops can be DE'ed for the group

LFR system - drops are for the individual, any individual who is an enchanter means drops can be DE'ed for the individual enchanter...

are you seeing the correlation now?
Edited by Zaxan on 2/14/2013 10:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

the LFD system doesnt DE drops if no one is an enchanter, either...

You didn't get the point. In LFD, a person can select DE even if they aren't an enchanter. There is no great personal benefit to being an enchanter.

In LFR, you will only ever be able to get a shard if you, personally, are an enchanter.

If it were like LFD, the odds that someone in the 25 man raid would be an enchanter, so the marginal benefit to you of being one would be close to zero. You'd be able to DE anyway.
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 06:09 AMPosted by Osmeric
In LFD, a person can select DE even if they aren't an enchanter.

02/14/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Zaxan
LFD system - drops are for the group
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 06:09 AMPosted by Osmeric
There is no great personal benefit to being an enchanter.
pretend you join an LFD group

pretend one of them is an enchanter

pretend nothing the group needs drops when your group runs dungeons

are you telling me the enchanter gets NO personal benefit from being an enchanter in this group?

you are saying the enchanter has NO chance AT ALL to win ANY loot and DE it for themselves?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
If it were like LFD, the odds that someone in the 25 man raid would be an enchanter, so the marginal benefit to you of being one would be close to zero. You'd be able to DE anyway.

Good thing people don't follow your logic

There'd be no enchanters in runs, or on the streets (besides maybe 1 or 2 per raiding guild).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As a minimum if one has attained the ilvl neccesary to do the next tier of content (480 for LFR I believe) then the loot system has done its job. The OP could use a better weapon though, everyone deserves to have a epic weapon :D
Edited by Primuslazen on 2/16/2013 3:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/16/2013 01:55 AMPosted by Postonforums

Good thing people don't follow your logic

There'd be no enchanters in runs, or on the streets (besides maybe 1 or 2 per raiding guild).

Obviously there are other benefits to being an enchanter. I'm just saying it's satisfying to not be forced to shard for everyone else in a random run.
Edited by Osmeric on 2/16/2013 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/16/2013 04:02 AMPosted by Osmeric
it's satisfying to not be forced to shard for everyone else in a random run.

you dont have to do a damned thing when it comes to sharding for other players in randoms

OTHER players have to press a button to get something DE'ed, the GAME shards it for them

all you do is show up, which you were going to do ANYWAY
Edited by Zaxan on 2/16/2013 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Bringing the discussion back to loot in LFR....

This week 46 bosses down in LFR (4 toons) and only 1 drop that was DE'd. That's around a 2% drop rate. Last week I did around 42 bosses and had 4 drops, for a 10% drop rate with 1 item DE'd and the other 3 items all dropping for one toon. That was the best week I've had. Previous week was around 40 bosses with 2 drops. LFR is clearly not a means to get gear. I've now seen the content too many times and I'm truly not inspired to play more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well, before this system, they had that system.
People auto needed if they could, and people did death threats, vote kick abuse and bullying over loot they didnt even need.

I personally thought that just hiding all the rolls in the old system (and stopping trading) would have helped,

Yes some people might still need even though they have it, but if we kept the non trading, and allowed everyone to need or greed we could increase the odds, if just one of the five people who roll against you in the raid decides to click pass because they already have it, then that right there makes the system better.

So i agree allow us to Need, Greed, or Pass but keep everything bound to the winner and if blizzard is worried about harassment then hide the rolls.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Alizak
if
interesting little word that both fills you with such hope and causes such pain

by the way, blizzard has already stated they do not want players to be able to affect loot in LFR beyond killing a boss, which is why loot in LFR is now given out individually
Edited by Zylix on 2/21/2013 2:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This happened to me today. 2 resto druids in the raid...the guy who wins the resto pants has 500+ ilvl pants...he asks me if i want the 476 pants....but then he can't trade them. Thank you blizzard. You suck for doing this stupid system. Actually getting less gear than I did before..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Necro, also you have never done lfr in mop, do you have another lvl 90 druid or something?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]