Change how fire nova works?

90 Draenei Shaman
Personally using fire nova as enhance is terrible it takes so long to set up before you even start doing decent aoe and even then its kind of clunky to maintain effective use. I think fire nova should be changed so that it becomes a "buff" that procs every time your flame shock triggers. So the spell would read something like:

Flame Infusion: Places a buff on the shaman that lasts 15 seconds and causes each tick of flame shock to cause a fire nova to erupt from the shaman.
-30 sec cooldown

This would still allow us to spread it the same way but would make it a lot more passive aoe than the clunky weave it into your melee dps rotation. Also it would be easier to use in my opinion because it would be reliant on your position rather than the mobs. The cooldown is put into place to make sure it doesnt become a staple of single target dps.

or

Flame Eruption: Places a Buff on the shaman that lasts 15seconds that causes melee strikes against targets with your flame shock to erupt with fire.
-30sec cooldown

Something along those line would be pretty sweet and allow enhancement shamans to more easily incorporate aoe dps.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
The main problem with the first idea is that blizzard doesn't want it to be part of our single target rotation, if it came from the shaman it would be.

Second idea sounds awesome though. Using the buff would have to deal no damage to the primary target, but deal damage to all targets around like fire nova currently does. If it maintained the same damage it would be equivalent to maybe a constant 6-7~ shock fire nova and look really !@#$ing cool :D it would also make our aoe scale with haste, which is currently can't except for chain lightning, because fire nova is stuck with a 4 second CD.
Reply Quote
Flame Eruption: Places a Buff on the shaman that lasts 15seconds that causes melee strikes against targets with your flame shock to erupt with fire.
-30sec cooldown

That would limit our AoE in long periods of time (like Windlord), and would also make it depend a lot on the uptime we get to be in melee range of a FS target. While it is rare to be out of range of the AoE pack unless mechanics force you to, I'd still prefer to keep FN untied from melee attacks.

The only thing I'd like for our AoE is have a separate spell for FS spreading that was not LL, in it's own CD. Make it do no damage, just have it spread FS and have a 10s CD and I'll be happy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]