Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Pt3)

100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Littlebambi
I thought there is a pic on wowhead of someone on the sha mount?

The 3 pictures that were on wowhead were either from early beta or from private servers/model changing mods so they got taken down. One of the guys that posted a sha mount picture also has himself on a galleon mount which if the chance of getting one mount really was 1 out of 2mil+ kills then the chance of the same guy getting both is lower than the chance of winning the multi million dollar lotery.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/08/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Wilhelm
I thought there is a pic on wowhead of someone on the sha mount?

The 3 pictures that were on wowhead were either from early beta or from private servers/model changing mods so they got taken down. One of the guys that posted a sha mount picture also has himself on a galleon mount which if the chance of getting one mount really was 1 out of 2mil+ kills then the chance of the same guy getting both is lower than the chance of winning the multi million dollar lotery.
They just recently got taken down because of these threads! =D good work guys!
90 Pandaren Shaman
Wow, haven't checked this thread since I left work yesterday and it's already capped the second thread and reached 21 pages of the third? Still no news I assume? I'm going to try to go back and at least read through most of the posts in this thread, if not the second one.
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/08/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Alvraen
I should expect more... but those kind of lighthearted posts take about a minute to post. You're failing to remember that these kinds of threads require a lot of other departments to report back to the community management so they can report back to the forums.

In all fairness they've had days at this point.

/only came to the website to check this particular thread
//still irked by the lack of official response
For the wowhead users, check the comments for the sha mount.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87771#comments

with over 200+ votes up, someone saying "I can confirm, a guildy won the mount from the Elder Coin Roll. GL people!"

also if you make comment pointing this forum, they mostly get deleted. One of the editors taked this very personal, but , of course, no proofs of anything.
go vote!
90 Worgen Priest
Well, the players themselves seem to have nailed that the mounts are out of LFR loot style, and hence can't be delivered directly to inventories. So even when the roll say it dropped, people don't receive them.

Might be the reason of those GHOST letters about an item being recovered from the twisting nether, with NO ITEM ATTACHED.

I've gotten like 3 of these! Maybe that could have something to do with it! I was so confused about it, lol.
90 Gnome Warlock
if the Chupacabra exists, then surely these mounts do. wheres the blues!!!
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Just checking...still no armory link /le sigh
90 Human Warlock
Well, the players themselves seem to have nailed that the mounts are out of LFR loot style, and hence can't be delivered directly to inventories. So even when the roll say it dropped, people don't receive them.

Might be the reason of those GHOST letters about an item being recovered from the twisting nether, with NO ITEM ATTACHED.

I've gotten like 3 of these! Maybe that could have something to do with it! I was so confused about it, lol.

I have received two as well. I've been very confused about it since.
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/08/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Aeolyn
I should expect more... but those kind of lighthearted posts take about a minute to post. You're failing to remember that these kinds of threads require a lot of other departments to report back to the community management so they can report back to the forums.

In all fairness they've had days at this point.

/only came to the website to check this particular thread
//still irked by the lack of official response
They post something, they'll be either praised, or damned because the answer isn't what they want. Once it's out there, it will be scrutinized by millions of people.

World of Warcraft is played in 21 different languages. Legal and the translation teams will have to translate then precisely in all languages. They have to try to make sure that the answer they pose is satisfactory for all parties involved.

It's not as easy as you would think.
90 Tauren Druid
02/08/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Dachupacabra
if the Chupacabra exists, then surely these mounts do. wheres the blues!!!

Sorry dude, I'm a phony.
BTW, those threads are really taking half of time to be capped at each version? Meanning this third took 1/4 of the time the first needed to reach the limit?
Edited by Chupaccabra on 2/8/2013 11:11 AM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
I probably won't be around to make thread #4 by the time this one reaches cap, if someone else could do it that would be awesome <3
90 Human Rogue
The ghost letters from Postmaster at the completion of an LFR is the game making sure you received your Valor Points for completing the run. This system was in place back in WOTLK even. Postmaster would mail you Badges of Justice if something was funky at the end of a dungeon.

However, the people that receive no loot or a bag of gold after Sha, are the ones I'm paying attention to personally.

If the game rolls for loot, and it says "Yes, you get loot", it will determine if you get a piece of gear, or the mount. If you roll the mount, and a bug prevents it from dropping, you'd get no loot, no mount, and no opportunity for the gold (as you've triggered a loot roll).
85 Human Paladin
The little statistical analysis you have in the OP is a butchering of statistics.

Additionally, the chance of someone getting it and not being able to ride it (hence not having it show up on Guildox) is rather high. You would need to add in the statistic for how many people have the skills in order to actually use it.
90 Worgen Priest
The ghost letters from Postmaster at the completion of an LFR is the game making sure you received your Valor Points for completing the run. This system was in place back in WOTLK even. Postmaster would mail you Badges of Justice if something was funky at the end of a dungeon.

However, the people that receive no loot or a bag of gold after Sha, are the ones I'm paying attention to personally.

If the game rolls for loot, and it says "Yes, you get loot", it will determine if you get a piece of gear, or the mount. If you roll the mount, and a bug prevents it from dropping, you'd get no loot, no mount, and no opportunity for the gold (as you've triggered a loot roll).

I've rolled numerous coins on sha but none of them triggered "loot" followed by nothing being received. Oddly enough, when I received the letters each one was within a few hours of my sha kill for the week and I had run LFR a few days prior.

It's a mystery wrapped in an enigma I guess...
100 Troll Priest
The little statistical analysis you have in the OP is a butchering of statistics.

Additionally, the chance of someone getting it and not being able to ride it (hence not having it show up on Guildox) is rather high. You would need to add in the statistic for how many people have the skills in order to actually use it.

This is a possibility, but if the item DID exist, there HAS to have been someone with Cloud Serpent Riding who has gotten it, and so far there's no proof of that happening.
100 Blood Elf Mage
Cloud serpents take like 3 days only to get exalted, there is NO Excuse period that we have yet to see the sha mount except for the fact it doesnt drop period.
90 Human Rogue
Anyone who says it's RNG and coincidence are worse conspiracy theorists than the group of us saying that a bug is preventing this item from dropping.

The "RNG is RNG" crowd is the same group that didn't believe Feng was missing items from his drop table, too.

Bugs happen, get over it. This is a massive bug, hopefully. Hopefully this wasn't an intentional withholding until 5.2.
100 Tauren Druid
I've only had (1) Galleon kill this xpac, and the mount dropped for some cruddy Moonkin. No, I don't have a screenshot, and no, I don't remember his name. Just stumbled across this discussion while looking up the Sha mount on wowhead.com.
85 Human Paladin
02/08/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Byniri
This is a possibility, but if the item DID exist, there HAS to have been someone with Cloud Serpent Riding who has gotten it, and so far there's no proof of that happening.

Actually, when dealing with a sample of this size, you need to recognize a couple things.

Each person has an individual chance of looting the mount. It's not based on how many times it is killed.

Let's say it's been killed by 6 million people (rough estimate on how many active subscribers are 90 and have killed it). For argument's sake, let's argue each person has killed it 10 times. Let's say it has a .01% drop chance. Chance of it not happening for any single person is still .999. From there you need to factor in the possibility that the person that looted it doesn't have riding, didn't notice, among other errors. Using confidence intervals, there's still a roughly .6% chance that nobody out there has LEARNED IT. Which is unlikely, sure, but a much higher chance than what was stated in the OP.
Edited by Røth on 2/8/2013 11:30 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]