Blizzard's Prioritization of Thread Responses

10 Troll Warlock
02/07/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Rygarius
Ryg, are you the night shift guy? Err.. bird?

Nope. I have other tasks (All of us have other tasks; there is no sit around all day and read the forums guy/gal.) like compiling [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_5-2_5_2013"]Patch 5.2 PTR Patch Notes[/url] that take up a good chunk of the day. The process is much more involved than it appears.
well, it's good to know your other duties don't involve ferrying my warlock around.

But, in case it is.. I'm so sorry about buzzing Sha for giggles yesterday.
Reply Quote
24 Night Elf Priest
02/07/2013 06:26 PMPosted by Snowfox

Nope. I have other tasks (All of us have other tasks; there is no sit around all day and read the forums guy/gal.) like compiling [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_5-2_5_2013"]Patch 5.2 PTR Patch Notes[/url] that take up a good chunk of the day. The process is much more involved than it appears.

I envision this massive MCP running in the heart of the Blizzard server room, processing thousands of change request tickets a minute... the developers feeding in their line by line updates, the MCP sending QA attack craft to test the mettle of the changes. If they survive and make it out of the game grid into the main system, you channel the massive datastreams of change titles through and assemble the master patch notes (MPN) which then defines the official changes and serves as a guide to the users and programs of the system. The unified knowledge of each moment in history is preserved and the millions of micro-cycles of dev time is channeled into the light, which then radiates throughout the system and bursts outwards, becoming the many fragmented realities we call our home realms.

Is it pretty much like that?

"You will soon be part of me. And together, we will be complete."
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

A perfect example of blue spending time to chime in with a feeble attempt at humor which further derails the thread.

This is part of the problem. a blue's mere presence derails threads. What once(in theory) was a lively discussion can be brought to a screeching halt when they show up.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Crepe
Draztal in EU seems to post in flamefest threads. Surely you remember his posts in hard core/snowflakes vs casuals/scrubs debate?

The EU forums have a history of being a bit more harshly moderated.

I'd suggest not comparing the two. Unless you're interested in these forums being more harshly moderated. Because I don't think they're about to become less so.

Frankly at this point, the only thing that would save these forums IMHO is actions that would make Josef Stalin look like a soft touch. For the most part, especially the General Discussion forum is dominated by people who were apparently kicked out of 4chan's /b/ forum for being uncivilized.

So, yeah, I'd welcome harsh moderation. The US WoW forums have needed to be whipped into shape (with a chainsaw) for years.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
We answer what we can. Not replying to a thread does not mean it wasn't noticed. We read and track numerous discussion topics daily and relay that feedback to the developers in weekly meetings.

Forward looking questions like "When is the patch coming out?" or "When will <insert request here> happen?"; an answer may not be available until all the details have been confirmed internally. Other times, the questions themselves are loaded or leading.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
I.
WANT.
A.
COOKIE.
Ask the devs if they'll send me a cookie.
Please?
Edited by Doravandas on 2/7/2013 7:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
A lot of times when people complain about blue responses they want everyone's giant wall of text manifesto about balance to be replied to point by point. But as they have told us before, it takes a very long time to reply to that kind of thread.

But replying to a fun silly thread takes no time at all. Don't worry the giant manifestos still get read and noticed if you explain your points well.
Edited by Seldric on 2/7/2013 7:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
19 Gnome Monk
Stop changing the subject. Is Power Word: Bird coming out soon or not?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/07/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Crepe
"We read it and we're considering many ideas."

If they did this?

Every 3rd thread would be demanding "why didn't you read mine"?

More like every post in that topic following would be "Ok but when are you going to fix *completely unrelated topic*"
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Blue posters have said in the past that their simple presence in a thread could potentially derail it. People see the blue text and literally start freaking out.

From fanboys trying to get their attention to trolls trying to call them out or prove them wrong on every little point; what happens when a blue post is spotted in a thread is usually nothing but a flurry of quoting said blue post.

Often times reasonable conversation degenerates into insults or people trying to hijack the thread to ask new questions that are entirely off topic from the original point....all because they saw blue text.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Really it all comes down to pay grade.

Some questions require a response that are above the average blue's pay grade.

Ok actually I just wanted to use the term 'pay grade', I know nothing. ;)
Reply Quote
However when topics like most of the ones that get blue posts get them over a topic like say

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7810522637?page=11

Which if I'm not mistaken STILL HAS NO PROOF that either one has ever dropped really needs blizz attention...

I have no pics, so feel free to say it didn't happen, but I'm positive I saw someone on the Galleon mount in Halfhill on my server. Maybe there were shenanigans involved, but I did see it..

Also, why do people seem to think that a blue response means something is going to happen with their question/concern/suggestion? That's what is implied here. You're saying that, by not having some blue text in that thread, it hasn't received Blizzard's "attention" yet.

It is possible they are looking into it even though they didn't make a token response in the thread.
Edited by Eliesa on 2/7/2013 9:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
However when topics like most of the ones that get blue posts get them over a topic like say

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7810522637?page=11

Which if I'm not mistaken STILL HAS NO PROOF that either one has ever dropped really needs blizz attention...

I have no pics, so feel free to say it didn't happen, but I'm positive I saw someone on the Galleon mount in Halfhill on my server. Maybe there were shenanigans involved, but I did see it..

Also, why do people seem to think that a blue response means something is going to happen with their question/concern/suggestion? That's what is implied here. You're saying that, by not having some blue text in that thread, it hasn't received Blizzard's "attention" yet.

It is possible they are looking into it even though they didn't make a token response in the thread.

The problem is as I understand it that there's an API searcher of sorts(not sure how it works) called Guildox or something(its in OP of link I posted) that checks all of the armory for things like achieves, mounts etc to judge how common they are...

and according to it absolutely no player in existence has either of the two mounts.
That's kind of a problem if you ask me...

More of a problem then answering topics that the community can and has easily answered previously.

Could the program be wrong, sure, could there be people with the mount, sure, is it likely, no.

As for blizzard, sure they could have seen the topic and been looking into it, but the point is that they answer topics that don't really need their attention as they're already answered or not completely serious, rather then answering topics such as the one I linked, which btw is up to 10 pages on the third topic without anyone posting a link to a single armory that has either mount.

My point however since I may not have made it abundantly clear in my previous post is that they could very easily soothe the community that is discussing it by simply stating.

"We have read your concerns and are passing your feedback onto the developers we will get back to you as soon as we can with what they tell us on the subject."

but instead its left unanswered with people having all sorts of theories...

Here, I'll even list a few of them...

1) Blizz put them in but messed up the coding and they aren't dropping.
2) they wont drop till 5.2 but blizz neglected to mention that.
3) they don't actually exist but are there to keep our hopes up and us doing sha/galleon when we don't need to.
4) they just have that much lower of a drop chance then ashes of alar that weeks into MoP neither one has been seen.

Now on page 9( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7861806185?page=9 ) someone was even kind enough to re-post the math behind how the drop chance would work...

Honestly, thats the sort of topic that needs blues trying to calm and help the community rather than...
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/253112-all-those-corpses/
and other such topics.
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Mage
Like the blue said, they answer what they can.

I will say if you're looking to talk directly to a blue, you can try tweeting one of the CMs or lead designers relevant to the issue. You're not allowed to request blue responses here, but they seem pretty willing to have a 1 on 1 there. Maybe it's because the volume is more manageable and its socially and professionally acceptable to make a quick 2 sentence response there, so they can get through a lot.

Ryg Daxx and others still do a great job here.

edit: since it was brought up, the sha mount thing was answered on twitter. they're looking into it.
Edited by Digerati on 2/7/2013 10:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Could you pass on my request for some new & harder dungeons that drop decent gear? Maybe 478-ish ilvl gear, so as to not offend raiders who worked hard for their 489+ gear.

Not that I dislike lfr's or anything(aside from queue times. lol), but alot of my time playing this game is broken up into small segments: 30 min here, 30 min there, 40 min here, 20 min there...doesn't work out nearly as well as small 5-man dungeons do.

I really don't know what to expect in the future, but to me it seems like 5-mans are dying and being replaced by a mix of scenarios & lfr's.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Why does it not surprise me the first 2 people to respond to this thread were MVP's
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Wskydk
This is part of the problem. a blue's mere presence derails threads. What once(in theory) was a lively discussion can be brought to a screeching halt when they show up.

So much this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So essentially, you only answer questions. You don't relay any accordances? I have noticed that if you do reply to a post that complains about something legit, it's usually a defense against it ( and a well placed one on some occasions).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/07/2013 05:46 PMPosted by Rygarius
The real question, when is Power Word: Bird going to happen? Answer me blues!

Soon
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/08/2013 12:31 AMPosted by Kookshelper

A perfect example of blue spending time to chime in with a feeble attempt at humor which further derails the thread. It would be nice to see more participation in game discussions and less in threads like hug a gnome or what cereal do you eat or what's your favorite /flirt.

A perfect example of a mindless little whiner.

This is also why blizzard doesen't however...
1: Player says something stupid to a blue, when Said player should keep there mouth shut.
then 2: Another players hits the player that complains
Then 3: "that guy - me in this case] comes in and tells them this...
This is why they don't post, 1 single post, no matter what it is, will cause 1 person to argue and be targeted by another, repeating. Which gets players arguing, which is NOT what blizzard wants. so they have to for the most part stay out of it.

If you have ever been a mod/admin on a game thats partially big, you'd easly know what I mean.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]