Rebirth of Fistweaving pvp?

90 Pandaren Monk
We're making a change to the way damage-to-healing conversions work so that the healing is not affected by resilience. The healing will be based on how much damage would have been done as if the target had no resilience. If you hit an opponent for 10K and have a mechanic that converts damage into 50% healing, your hit may land for 6K because of resilience, but the heal will still be 5K (50% of the unmitigated damage). This only applies to resilience, not to armor, Shield Wall or other forms of damage reduction.

Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
fistweaving in competitive pvp will never exist. mistweavers are far too susceptible to all forms of CC to even consider leaving a pillar for any extended period of time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
This would be kind of nice if Blizzard would finally take the time and address the long overdue issues with Stance of the Wise Serpent's conversion of Spell Power to Attack power. When geared, most MW's attack power will sit double that of a WW. Yet, you will still hit softer than a wet noodle. Yes Weapon damage plays in a factor, but why the heck can't they fix weapon dps disparity and raise numbers to a flat level for all weapons of an equal item level. I doubt it will ever be fixed by the end of 5.x(insert last patch number). May see it in 6.x or 7.x if WoW survives that long. But only then after Fistweaving is one of those things of legend... much like old school shockadins back when you had choices for talents.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
02/07/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Imagawa
When geared, most MW's attack power will sit double that of a WW. Yet, you will still hit softer than a wet noodle.

They are doubling Mistweaver damage and giving them better AoE in 5.2, while halving the damage-healing conversion to keep healing about the same, apart from the PvP buff mentioned above, if you didn't know.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Deliren
When geared, most MW's attack power will sit double that of a WW. Yet, you will still hit softer than a wet noodle.

They are doubling Mistweaver damage and giving them better AoE in 5.2, while halving the damage-healing conversion to keep healing about the same, apart from the PvP buff mentioned above, if you didn't know.

He means Like in my case.

At 82 in MW gear my attack power is roughly 2200
In WW gear my attack power is roughly 1500

But my WW can 2-3 most 82 mobs and my mw can 8-10 shot most mobs

Anywho, it has to do with Ability Scaling
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Increasing the damage to the levels on the PTR is still just a band-aid on a broken mechanic and fuzzy math. It is a step in the right direction but it is nowhere near the fix MW require. One of the things that appealed to me about MW monk in the beta was unlike other healers I had options in pvp. Instead of trying to survive or just run away or wait for some dps to try and peel and save me, I could turn around and put a little pressure to try and persuade the attacker to go on the defensive and get off my proverbial dangly bits. Also, it was also quite possible to level up as MW grinding quests and tooling about as MW at a reasonable pace. That is no longer the case on Live. I doubt it will ever get back to those levels of "fun and functionality" but a guy can dream. Can't he? ( dreams will be banned in 5.3) XD
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
More like death now with the Jab change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]