Dots dots everywhere!

55 Goblin Death Knight
Way back when, if you wanted dots, you played a lock. Why does every class (monks too?) have to use them to max dps? Mages, priests, pallies, rogues, hunters, warriors, etc. all have bleeds or other dots to maintain and to me, it's a nuisance. Aren't auto attacks similar enough to dots for melee?

Can't we maintain sustained dps in other ways?
Edited by Duxdildruu on 2/8/2013 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Shadow

Priest

We DoT, it's our thing.

I don't know what's up with the rest of you, but leave us out of it.
Reply Quote
DoTs all add to mobile dps and smooth out sustained dps while reducing burst capabilities.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
moar dotz
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Flintte
DoTs all add to mobile dps and smooth out sustained dps while reducing burst capabilities.

[Read: DoTs make DPS more nub friendly, hence give them to every class]
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/08/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Rauhm
moar dotz

No more dots.

-50 dkp
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
02/08/2013 09:06 AMPosted by Duxdildruu
Way back when, if you wanted dots, you played a lock

LOL
Reply Quote
14 Worgen Priest
I remember back in WOTLK when Locks have like a ton of dots: Corruption, Siphon Life, Immolate, UA, Agony...that was really fun in BG's. 1 set of dots on a player and it's a death sentence.
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
I just feel that some classes could do without dots.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Howbout making dots disappear once the giver of the dot is dead.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/08/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Höary

[Read: DoTs make DPS more nub friendly, hence give them to every class]

If anything, it's the opposite. Not having your DoTs up/refreshing them sparingly will result in lower dps who is managing them correctly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/08/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Krícys
Howbout making dots disappear once the giver of the dot is dead.

This has been suggested for the entirety of the game's life. It's not happening! Give it up!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Never. If you be dead how you be hurtin me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Dots haven't really been shadow's thing for a while now. Shadow now is way too procc-y and nuke-y to feel like a true dot class. Hell, the dots hit for next to nothing, and are best used to proc more nukes.

Aff is the dottiest of them all, at least at the moment. Three dots, and a channeled filler dot that procs more dots.

Wat? Just because for Multi-DoT reasons VT and SW:P aren't hitting as hard in comparison to others does not mean they blow. We're still shooting for really high uptime because it is a significant part of our DPS and always has been.

When did I say that Aff wasn't DoT-y? We do also have two DoTs, a channeled filler DoT and a 'CD' DoT though :P
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Ngatayou
Only Affliction Warlocks and Spriests really drew the majority of their damage from these types of spells.

Fire Mages.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJdNAvKdzM
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]