Dots dots everywhere!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
A lot of them had dots before, but they weren't considered a dot class because it was limited.

It's nowhere near the same as auto-attacks because you have to be attacking...

We could start with dks if you want and warriors so rogues can actually vanish.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Shadow

Priest

We DoT, it's our thing.

I don't know what's up with the rest of you, but leave us out of it.

Dots haven't really been shadow's thing for a while now. Shadow now is way too procc-y and nuke-y to feel like a true dot class. Hell, the dots hit for next to nothing, and are best used to proc more nukes.

Aff is the dottiest of them all, at least at the moment. Three dots, and a channeled filler dot that procs more dots.

two of three of my most damaging spells on the meters is DoTs. the one in fourth place is also a DoT.
Edited by Turmoyl on 2/9/2013 4:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
02/08/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Krícys
Never. If you be dead how you be hurtin me.

If a person curses you and they die, you're SoL if it's the type of curse only the person who used it can remove.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
Fireball had a DoT component back then too. Ignite made any fire crits put a DoT up. Pyro had a DoT component, although I don't remember many giant rocks flying in Vanilla.

Rogues had deadly poison available in vanilla, but often weren't allowed to use it over instant due to debuff limits being needed for everyone else (wonder if extra debuffs could push off important debuffs like sunder back then)
Reply Quote
94 Goblin Warlock
02/08/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Exterminatus
Dots haven't really been shadow's thing for a while now. Shadow now is way too procc-y and nuke-y to feel like a true dot class. Hell, the dots hit for next to nothing, and are best used to proc more nukes.

Next to nothing? 60-70% of your damage as Shadow is going to be coming from your DoTs.

02/08/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Ngatayou
Only Affliction Warlocks and Spriests really drew the majority of their damage from these types of spells.

Vanilla Fire was literally all about ignite.
Edited by Leviathan on 2/10/2013 12:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah Ignite has been in the game since vanilla and Living bomb was added in Wrath while combustion has remained to be a dot oriented spell.

Certainly not lock level, but fire has been kind of a hybrid dot spec.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Warriors have had rend and deep wounds for a very long time. And that's the only dots we ever had, and they took rend away this expansion and just made deep wounds a baseline passive ability because everyone talented into it anyway.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
That may be, but due to rolling ignites and high crit chance, mages were able to push close to 1000 dps in naxx/aq gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Because it's an easy way of adding depth to a rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
02/10/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Ngatayou
You never had a CD to force application though. Combustion wasn't a guaranteed crit. It was always RNG based.

That's not entirely true.

Prior to the Mage talent revamp, Combustion was a guaranteed crit. 100% crit chance on a...5 minute cooldown.

After the talent revamp it added the whole stacking crit chance thing. +10% crit chance for each spell that didn't crit, guaranteed 3 crits.

02/09/2013 07:26 AMPosted by Purebalance
Never. If you be dead how you be hurtin me.

If a person curses you and they die, you're SoL if it's the type of curse only the person who used it can remove.

I think I have a better way to explain it:

I set you on fire.

You shoot me for doing so.

You are still on fire.

The fire didn't go out because you shot me. The fire's going to keep burning until it goes out normally or until you put it out.
Edited by Skootalloo on 2/10/2013 9:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
set you on fire.

You shoot me for doing so.

You are still on fire.

The fire didn't go out because you shot me. The fire's going to keep burning until it goes out normally or until you put it out.

We didn't start the fire

It was always burning

Since the world's been turnin
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/08/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Gnomassacre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MJdNAvKdzM

DoTs, DoTs, more Dots, more DoTs, More DoTs, ok no more DoTs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]