Blizzard balance (TM)

90 Human Monk
I came back to WoW after about a week or so ago, was leveling my lock, but I decided to see the second half of HoF & terrace since I did leave before then, about mid november late october.

In the second half of HoF...I saw a blood dk top the healing done, just by blood shield, I assume this was from vengeance, as he was tanking the first boss in second half, and all its adds. Then through the rest priests seem to be on top as well as druids.

When I left misweavers, druids, & a well played holy paladin were on top, now I feel like were on bottom, and druids still on top, with both priest specs on top & shamans finding themselves wherever.

What made mistweavers fall?
Reply Quote
95 Human Priest
I came back to WoW after about a week or so ago, was leveling my lock, but I decided to see the second half of HoF & terrace since I did leave before then, about mid november late october.

In the second half of HoF...I saw a blood dk top the healing done, just by blood shield, I assume this was from vengeance, as he was tanking the first boss in second half, and all its adds. Then through the rest priests seem to be on top as well as druids.

When I left misweavers, druids, & a well played holy paladin were on top, now I feel like were on bottom, and druids still on top, with both priest specs on top & shamans finding themselves wherever.

What made mistweavers fall?

wtf? Since when were druids EVER anywhere near the top this tier. You bloody troll. Get out of here kid.
AND PS; Comming back during the expansion does not mean you took a break. It means you're poor and couldnt afford your subscription. I've taken 2 breaks, both due to disinterest. Both lasted at minimum 1.5 years. Leaving and comming back in the same expansion ,LET ALONE TIER, is just retarded. That's not a break.

You clearly misremember how heals were distributed @start of this tier/expansion. Holy pally/disc priest were tops (with heavy mana issues on early disc, but was quickly hotfixed) every single hardcore bleeding edge guild (10mans) runs with disc priest and holy pally. Since the start of this expansion and still.

MW were and still are > @25m. Druids have been junk, Resto shamans have been slightly subpar compared to the other healers, except they provide just sheer epic cooldowns. MW/Pally/Disc are entirely OP this entire tier. Never were either of them bad. Not at any point, outside of low gear mana issues for disc priests very very early.

And for the record and imo, Shamans and Druids have been utterly crippled compared to the other healers in terms of healing and numbers. HOWEVER, ALL can down content no problem. The only issue I have ever had is the stupidity of OPness of Disc/Holy pally (and MW monk in 25m, which I dont give a crap about 25m)

Yu mad? Wai u mad?

On the OP: welcome back. Lets all do wow drugs together forever. Raw hps means very little, so keep playing mistweaver if you dig the playstyle, even on harder progression. And don't worry, we all spend what little money we have on angel dust-uh, ahem, wow. Warm welcomes all around.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Yu mad? Wai u mad?

Play something other than a OP broken class then talk k thx;)
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
You say its lfr, I already knew that posting this. I know its just lfr and not normal/heroic. if i said normal, you'd say its not heroic, if I'd say heroic, you'd say I'm bad, or I'm looking at something wrong. In the end, your going to make me look bad.

But on my end, I'm doing exactly what I was doing before I left.

Keeping ReM on CD, using it on targets who don't have it, when the maximum targets I feel have it, I use TFT then uplift, my usual rotation between all of that is jab until I get 2 chi, then uplift. If I feel a tank is going to take heavy damage, I may life cocoon them & put enveloping mist on them. Thats usually enough, if heavy burst aoe & constant aoe damage is going out I'll use spinning crane, while spending chi with uplift & keeping ReM on cd.

Is this not the normal mistweaver rotation? I use to use tiger palm/blackout kick in between but it feels lackluster now.

And of course I'm using mana tea on CD as well as my spirit trinket. My mana poses little issue as it didn't before.

wtf? Since when were druids EVER anywhere near the top this tier. You bloody troll. Get out of here kid.
AND PS; Comming back during the expansion does not mean you took a break. It means you're poor and couldnt afford your subscription. I've taken 2 breaks, both due to disinterest. Both lasted at minimum 1.5 years. Leaving and comming back in the same expansion ,LET ALONE TIER, is just retarded. That's not a break.

You clearly misremember how heals were distributed @start of this tier/expansion. Holy pally/disc priest were tops (with heavy mana issues on early disc, but was quickly hotfixed) every single hardcore bleeding edge guild (10mans) runs with disc priest and holy pally. Since the start of this expansion and still.

MW were and still are > @25m. Druids have been junk, Resto shamans have been slightly subpar compared to the other healers, except they provide just sheer epic cooldowns. MW/Pally/Disc are entirely OP this entire tier. Never were either of them bad. Not at any point, outside of low gear mana issues for disc priests very very early.

And for the record and imo, Shamans and Druids have been utterly crippled compared to the other healers in terms of healing and numbers. HOWEVER, ALL can down content no problem. The only issue I have ever had is the stupidity of OPness of Disc/Holy pally (and MW monk in 25m, which I dont give a crap about 25m)

I never thought anyone could be so mad at one person honestly asking a simple question...You've got some serious mentality issues. You might re-consider cancelling your own sub for awhile. And your "assumption of me being poor" is not correct. I make a fine living, I make fine wages, enough for me to support myself, roof over my head, pay bills, have food & able to enjoy myself out in the city a few nights every month. Whether I actually do that is my choice. This break was due to the fact that everybody in my raid group just stopped playing WoW including 2 of my closest friends, so I decided to stop & enjoy other games with them. I actually, lost a bet and came back to WoW but I still enjoy it to a degree. One of them said if glaives dropped when he was solo'ing BT that I had to come back to WoW. He sent me a SS, could hardly believe it, 2 days later just to make sure checked his armory, sure enough, warglaive of azzinoth 2 days ago, my face was O_O

At the beginning of this expansion at least the top guilds on my server ran mistweavers, holy paladins, & a mix of druids/shamans. I actually can only remember 1 guild that ran a priest, and yes they did alright. Mistweavers were op with spinning crane kick, until they made the change, I agree with the OP of mana regen/consumption, but I still feel the healing is lackluster to that of priests/druids.

You just seem angry, please re-consider taking a break from WoW & to outside to breath a bit, vitamin D can do wonders for you.
Edited by Jirat on 2/8/2013 4:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
What happened? A bunch of hot-fixes that buffed priests through the roof, 5.1 and hot-fix nerfs to mistweavers, and gearing up...

Time passes, the game changes; this isn't anything new.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Also...ah...you really shouldn't pay much attention to Tonydanza. He's pretty angry most of the time. :-\ Don't take it personal. Trust me - he hates Priests more than he hates Mistweavers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/08/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Tiriél
Also...ah...you really shouldn't pay much attention to Tonydanza. He's pretty angry most of the time. :-\ Don't take it personal. Trust me - he hates Priests more than he hates Mistweavers.

rofl, you just don't like unbias point of views, I main priest;) Shadow w/os disc, admittedly mostly for pvp, but still;) I love priests. Has always been my original main;)

Disc is stupid and you know it. You just hate the fact it's common knowledge and getting nerfed.
Edited by Tonydanza on 2/8/2013 5:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/08/2013 05:06 AMPosted by Linnelle
What happened? A bunch of hot-fixes that buffed priests through the roof, 5.1 and hot-fix nerfs to mistweavers, and gearing up...
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Should I remove uplift from my rotation & move something else into it? Chi burst or something?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/08/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Jirat
Should I remove uplift from my rotation

No.

I don't know much about monks, but I know the answer to that question, lol.

I think the major skill aspect in mistweaving is figuring out how to get RM in the right places to make Uplift work the way you need it when you need it. Something about TFT timing and RM target selection. It's not just about using TFT when you have the most targets, but using it when it will benefit you the most in terms of having the RMs out for heavy damage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Just be more careful with your mana. I know that in the beginning of the expac mana was never an issue but now it is. Chi torpedo is pretty good too if you can line it up right. Try different things. Also your gear is bad so of course you are going to have mana issues. Get some more pieces and enchant them and things get easier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/08/2013 05:41 AMPosted by Harpoa
Just be more careful with your mana. I know that in the beginning of the expac mana was never an issue but now it is. Chi torpedo is pretty good too if you can line it up right. Try different things. Also your gear is bad so of course you are going to have mana issues. Get some more pieces and enchant them and things get easier.

But I never said mana was an issue?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]