One lousy Proto-drake

90 Pandaren Monk
OK, my gaming computer died between thanksgiving and just after new Years. All I needed was 3 lousy Christmas achieves to get the Long Strange trip meta. It would have been my first Proto-drake. Now, I have to wait another honkin year for the holiday to come back.

My question is, what other Proto-drakes are avaiable for a player to try and get? Time Lost was a pain in the butt I heard and that was BEFORE CRZ so it has to be a nightmare now. Are there any other ones that I can try to get?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
do the heroic dung achieves. most are simple now that we're overleveled, and a group of 3 or so can (apparantly) do most of them fairly quickly

*edit* if I was unclear, I meant the wotlk heroic dungeon achieves for the red one =)
Edited by Wiserthanyou on 2/8/2013 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Heroic achieves. There are also some from Wrath heroic dungeons (e.g. Blue Proto Drake from ... UP? UK?)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
do the heroic dung achieves. most are simple now that we're overleveled, and a group of 3 or so can (apparantly) do most of them fairly quickly

*edit* if I was unclear, I meant the wotlk heroic dungeon achieves for the red one =)

That is a fairly easy one. If the raid one is there too, that's another option. Otherwise you can chance it with the mount drop from Skadi (H UP) and building Oracles rep for that daily item open for a chance at the green Proto.
Edited by Kiero on 2/8/2013 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ulduar 10/25 both have separate Proto-Drakes - Ironbound and Rusted. (From completing the metas - Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10/25 versions)
Green Proto Drake is from the Oracle reputation in Scholazar Basin. You can buy an egg (at revered I think?) and it has a chance to hatch a Green Proto in a few days. Keep trying until you get it.
Heroic Utgarde Pinnacle has a Blue Proto Drake, which drops off of Skadi the Ruthless. Rather rare, but if you run it every day you'll get it eventually.
Red Proto Drake comes from completing Glory of the Hero, which is the old Wrath heroic dungeon achievements meta.

Last but not least.. Time-Lost Proto Drake. This is a spawn in Storm Peaks, but it is insanely rare, and half the time if you find it, it will already be dead.
Edited by Takki on 2/8/2013 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm actually shocked that the violet would be your first priority when in a short time you could easily bang out the red. The blue is a grind in H UP. The green requires rep and major RNG. Plagued is an uber rare.

I'm only one achieve short of my red, but it's the only achievement I couldn't solo (Experienced Drake Rider.) I need both the red and green which means cajoling my guild into running it twice. Red, I think I could solo (found a video of someone soloing red on YT), green gets killed by the adds.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Red Proto Drake should be easy, but you will be at the mercy of the RNG Gods for some days in order to get all the achievements for Violet Hold. Oculus achievements will also take multiple days since you need to kill the last boss using different colored drakes.

Rusted Proto Drake is probably the easiest to get now. You can put together a group and get all the Ulduar 10 achievements in a single run. Same goes for Ironbound protodrake of Ulduar 25, but you'll just have to organize more people.
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk
TLPD, not that anyone has seen it lately.
Reply Quote
Share the love is going to be the biggest hurdle for the red, need a group of 5
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Green Proto can be the one that takes the longest. But they did shorten the egg hatching timer.
It used to be 7 days. It has since dropped to 3 which makes it a bit quicker.
Rng was kind to me,my first egg had the Green Proto in it.

It took me I believe 10-15 tries for Blue Proto. Again Rng was kind to me.

Also helps if you can do the dungeons on other characters as well. Doubles or triples your chances since the mounts are account wide.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
Green has the potential to take the longest but could also be the shortest. RNG.

It takes literally zero effort.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]