Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 4)

100 Human Warlock
Ok, so it was bugged.

Did this really need 4 threads though?
Did it really need to be spammed in other threads, forcing derailments? locks? oh and a couple forum bans from the noticeable absence of a few people?

Was it worth it?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/09/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Falinari
Was it worth it?

If it got the mounts added to the loot table then yes, yes it was worth it.
70 Goblin Warrior
posting here to help cap it
1 Tauren Warrior
Now now... Should we start another thread asking for an apology >.>
90 Worgen Death Knight
Repeating food for thought because these threads are flying.

1) Precedent for loot not dropping from a boss' loot table in this game. This patch, even. See: Feng Heroic Loot.

2) Some people receive no loot, or gold, from Sha / Galleon. Is it possible that the game rolled for them to receive a mount, but due to a bug in the function of handing the mount out, nothing happens, thus creating an instance where gear is not received, and gold is not handed out due to the player "winning loot" ?

3) Blizzard announced Blingtron would drop mounts. However after X amount of time, not a single one had been obtained, just like these two mounts. Suddenly the drop rate was "buffed/hotfixed", and suddenly, not only are people getting the mounts around the world, there are several people on my server alone that have the Bling mounts

4) Is it possible that Blizzard purposely withheld the Sha/Galleon mounts until 5.2 to give people incentive to run Sha/Galleon repeatedly for new level 90s, who will undoubtedly have a hard time filling Sha groups when everyone is on the Thunder Island?

5) Millions of kills, no drops. See: #1

sad thing is i had number 2 happen to me, i wonder if i lost a chance at this mount, only happened with sha, which makes me feel that the speculation is correct.
90 Dwarf Warrior
Updated the original post, thanks everyone for supporting the threads and keeping them alive <3 Probably won't check this thread again.
Edited by Bladestorm on 2/9/2013 9:18 AM PST
My friend has 1

I forbid to show him tho

LET THE MADNESS CONTINUE!!!!!
10 Troll Warlock
Ok, so it was bugged.

Did this really need 4 threads though?
Did it really need to be spammed in other threads, forcing derailments? locks? oh and a couple forum bans from the noticeable absence of a few people?

Was it worth it?
Well, without any official on the forums confirmations of them looking into this issue specifically we would have no way to know if it was being checked out. So yeah, it did take four threads to iron out. The fact that we're having several drops confirmed today suggested that yes, there was in fact an issue.

And wait, where's my ban? I feel left out now.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Look at the date and time on his drop, Grats guy. And thanks Blizzard
90 Human Rogue
Two things.

1) I want that EX-MVP Warrior, all RNG warriors, and those who haven't taken a statistics class yet throw numbers around, to come in here and apologize.

2) I want a Blizzard acknowledgement about these mounts and an explanation

Stuff happens, stuff is bugged, but we get an explanation for other things. 103 pages and no blue response is very bothersome.

How does an item not drop for 5 months and they aren't the first ones to notice?

Glad this is fixed though. We fought the good fight!
Edited by Daltin on 2/9/2013 9:30 AM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior
1) I want that EX-MVP Warrior to come in here and apologize.
But clearly it wasn't bugged, it's just a coincidence multiple mounts started dropping after the restarts, I think that the e-fans that believe blizzard can never make a mistake make the whole thing worse for Blizz.
90 Human Rogue
02/09/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Bladestorm
1) I want that EX-MVP Warrior to come in here and apologize.
But clearly it wasn't bugged, it's just a coincidence multiple mounts started dropping after the restarts, I think that the e-fans that believe blizzard can never make a mistake make the whole thing worse for Blizz.

Clearly RNG is RNG!!! Prove it hasn't dropped Bladestorm, and this is all a coincidence!

Now we need to figure out if the mount can be coined or not... Judging by Ghostcrawlers tweet of "It depends which mount", I'd say no. But if he was saying "No" because it simply wasn't droppable, and he knew it, i'll be as disgusted as I can be at a video game.
Edited by Daltin on 2/9/2013 9:36 AM PST
100 Troll Shaman
http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30 Still doesn't show it though. Don't you find that interesting
90 Draenei Warrior
02/09/2013 09:36 AMPosted by Theberserker
http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30 Still doesn't show it though. Don't you find that interesting

It needs time to update.
90 Dwarf Warrior
No, it's a sampler size at the moment as its in beta. It also has to re-scan armory. On top of that the servers have only been back up for just over an hour so not many people will have it yet.
90 Blood Elf Hunter

I dont know that it would update that fast anyway, this has only been about an hour or so
100 Troll Shaman
Not the EU one which was the first one reported been up close to 7-8 hours hasn't it
90 Troll Death Knight
I'd say no. But if he was saying "No" because it simply wasn't droppable, and he knew it, i'll be as disgusted as I can be at a video game.

How does it feel to be absolutely part of the community problem here with WoW. Disgusted? Hyperbole and stupid. It's a game. Truly what does it feel like to know that all these posts that are so negative, unfounded, and plain moronic are contributed, in part, to your silly attitude?
Edited by Vexxdk on 2/9/2013 9:41 AM PST
90 Human Rogue
There's likely a set time it updates, probably found on their website.

raidbots scans worldoflogs at 10am EST and updates from there. I'm sure Guildox follows a similar protocol.

Edit: It even SAYS on the page. "This list updates weekly"

02/09/2013 09:41 AMPosted by Vexxdk
I'd say no. But if he was saying "No" because it simply wasn't droppable, and he knew it, i'll be as disgusted as I can be at a video game.

How does it feel to be absolutely part of the community problem here with WoW. Disgusted? Hyperbole and stupid. It's a game. Truly what does it feel like to know that all these posts that are so negative, unfounded, and plain moronic are contributed, in part, to your silly attitude?

What? No one posted anything negative aside from 1-2 trolls in over 100 pages. We wanted answers, and we're half way there. We got a fix, now we want an answer. The goal hasn't changed, but an end result was achieved. Unfounded? Seems pretty solid to me considering this 100 page cause was successful in adding these items to the loot table, and making Blizzard aware of the problem.

Moronic? Pretty good math going on in here.

Community problem? Is asking for an explanation really asking that much? And yes, I use the word disgusted, because it's an appropriate word. Someone asked Blizzard a direct question, and it was answered, naturally, with a hocus pocus foggy "Take it for what you will" answer. "Can you coin mounts" "It depends."

Depends on what? On the mount? 1 of the 3? Only Elegon because his will be looted far less? Or only Elegon because the other two don't exist, and they KNEW about it?

Put your troll shoes away and think about all the people in this community that did hundreds and hundreds of dailies on their main and alts every week to obtain charms, to use specifically for Sha for the mount. This game isn't all about gear, there are different ways for people to have fun in this game. Obtaining extremely rare mounts is one of them.

How would you feel if you've literally wasted all those coins / dailies / time on something that wasn't obtainable, when you were lead to believe otherwise?

If anything, your post sir is the most disgusting thing in this thread.
Edited by Daltin on 2/9/2013 9:48 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
going to 5th thread and still nothing from blues?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]