Meanwhile in South Korea...

90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
02/07/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Ntaki
That hit me right in the feels.

This. There's a huge difference between newbies who are trying to learn, and bads who think they are excellent. I know how it is like to be lousy, trying ways and means to improve but with no actual results. Give new players a chance I say. They may have far larger potential then a first look will reveal.
90 Orc Hunter
Aw, gee, what a sad story.

I really do hope things get better for that guy.

I could also hope that the Korean wow players might change for the better, to learn to be patient with people who are just learning... but I'm afraid that people are just people, and it is hard to achieve lasting change like that. Without constant effort, people too often just slip back into their old ways.
90 Pandaren Warrior
;(
90 Worgen Death Knight
How in hell is he itl 496 if he sucked?
90 Tauren Druid
Excellent story! Thanks for sharing!

I often yearn for a lot less YOYO (The "you're on your own" philosophy) and elitism, and more of a community where people help each other and work together. I think too many people forget that WoW is just a game -- one that has no connection to our real-life livelihoods -- and that winning is far less important than having fun.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I love this. OP, THANK YOU for posting this! I see so many players, many of them new or just unfamiliar, who flail around and few help them. People figure if you don't know something, you're just stupid. Few people take the time to truly mentor new players.

I had a mentor when I first joined back in BC. I didn't know what addons were. I didn't know anything about WoW at all. I floundered, and had it not been for the good influence of my guild, and the dedicated teaching from my healing mentor, I probably never would have made it to max level, let alone kept playing and raiding.

Everyone was a noob once. We all started off ignorant.
South Koreans needs to take it down a level and actually enjoy games for once and not go all hardcore on everything.
90 Night Elf Priest
Why this game needs to end. Elitists are unwilling to share information that might, just might, help a bad player improve. WoW players are like pack of wolves, preying on the weakest member.

Thanks for linking the article, OP. Some of us forget our humanity.

Yes, the game needs to end because the players are growing callous. :/

This was an amazing call to remember that there are human beings behind the characters, and that we were all new at some point.

02/07/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Katarn
South Koreans needs to take it down a level and actually enjoy games for once and not go all hardcore on everything.

This isn't just an issue in SK. It's everywhere. Some areas are worse than others, but antipathy toward "noobs/newbs/nubs" is blatantly evident.
Edited by Elethia on 2/7/2013 8:35 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
02/07/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Ntaki
That hit me right in the feels.

This post needs a sticky, even if it is only for a short time.
Edited by Njords on 2/7/2013 8:37 PM PST
3 Pandaren Warrior
Why this game needs to end. Elitists are unwilling to share information that might, just might, help a bad player improve. WoW players are like pack of wolves, preying on the weakest member.

Thanks for linking the article, OP. Some of us forget our humanity.

I disagree with this tough, a lot of people are actually willing to share everything they know, the amount of theorycrafters and guide makers show this, so does icy-veins and noxxic (even if its for ad revenue).

The information is there, and much more accessible than it was when i first started. While i do have sympathy for new players like the guy in the OP, there's also a lot of new players unwilling to learn that flat out bashes anyone for being better or more knowledgable often pulling the IRL card, i know i did hurt myself to a few of those, i can promise you its a cold shower on any motivation to help newcomers.
Edited by Zergallyeah on 2/7/2013 8:41 PM PST
47 Blood Elf Paladin
*sniff* feels
I did not ask for these feels.
90 Night Elf Druid
TL;DR!!! But I guess I can give it a try, maybe just read a little to see what's all this about...

*reads everything*

WOW! that story is so touching. I think it's the most sad and happy story I've ever heard about this game. Thank you so much for translating and sharing.
I wish we could get more people like that raid leader. He deserves a medal.
90 Human Paladin
Thankyou OP, may we all take the time to slow down a bit and remember, we are not merely playing with a pixelated cartoon character but in fact, we are playing with living, breathing, feeling human beings and contrary to popular belief, words can and do hurt especially when uttered time and time again with disdain and contempt.

Sometimes, a player that may appear to not care may in fact care very much but honestly is uncertain as to the next move, varying sites can be very contradictory and confusing for those who are new to wow or new to gaming, sometimes these players have been bashed, insulted and demeaned to the point they simply turn a deaf ear and try to block out the negative and still have a bit of fun.
90 Goblin Shaman
02/07/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Coreanshammy
South Korea and North Korea are different.

no !@#$
66 Tauren Warrior
WAR
This game is hard

WoW For New Players:

Make Account
Log on Account
Make First Toon
Quest
Quest
Quest
Quest
Quest
Loot
Quest
PVP
Quest
Quest
Quest
Quest
AH
Quest
Sell Loot
Quest
Quest
Netflix
Quest
Quest
Quest
Quest
LFG
Quest
Quest
Quest
Profession Train
Quest

Level 90 achieved.

Grind
Grind
Grind
Grind
Grind
Grind
Pet Battle
Grind
Grind
Dance In Orgrimmar
Grind
Grind
Grind
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]