Meanwhile in South Korea...

90 Tauren Druid
Great story, I wish this could happen in all game communities.
And to the people trying to argue here, get lost. You're the problem.
OP, I very much appreciate you sharing the story. It's a good one and a reminder that we are all human in the many facets of what that means. <sniff>
Just because someone isn't as good of a player as you might be, doesn't mean we should be disrespectful or mean.
/salute to all those out there that take a few moments to help someone out, even for something simple as directions.
90 Human Mage
I can't see this type of change happening to the WoW community in NA.

People in NA are afraid. Pick a reason why someone would think helping others is a bad idea and there is some base reason based on fear for that reason.
90 Tauren Hunter
This is why when a player with all greens asks me for 5g I give them 50 and tell them to add me as a friend if they ever need some help.

When I was leveling my first toon to max level I met some amazing people that helped me along the way (despite me pulling everything in a room with my pet haha). I think sometimes we just forget that we used to be n00bz with no direction, and stare in awe at the max level players. :)
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/14/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Barith
I think sometimes we just forget that we used to be n00bz with no direction, and stare in awe at the max level players. :)

This is so true. I used to stare in awe at level 70's and there amazing looking gear and think to myself "man, i want to be cool like that guy!" or how lonely i felt at times in wow questing away before CRZ on a med pop server(3:1.3 A/H) watching everyone group up and go do epic things.

I had completely forgot that feeling until today.
90 Gnome Priest
02/14/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Deadrous
I think sometimes we just forget that we used to be n00bz with no direction, and stare in awe at the max level players. :)

This is so true. I used to stare in awe at level 70's and there amazing looking gear and think to myself "man, i want to be cool like that guy!" or how lonely i felt at times in wow questing away before CRZ on a med pop server(3:1.3 A/H) watching everyone group up and go do epic things.

I had completely forgot that feeling until today.

The first time I played WoW was in early 2005 on my brother level 34 Dwarf Rogue, and of course being higher than level 1 was like "OMG AMAZING!!!!!" and the Rogue was in IF and he showed me how to inspect people and I think I spent hours just inspecting people, checking out gear and trying it all on the Rogue itself. The first time I saw someone with a purple I was internally squealing in delight at something so amazing and awe inspiring.

It's hard to get that feeling back of course, but it's nice to remember how it felt. A nice little bit of Nostalgia.
90 Troll Mage
Blizzard already ran the pilot program of the Guild Mentoring Program. It ran from early September to mid-December.

That's a really good news. :D
90 Night Elf Priest
Very touching story. I'm glad that someone took the time finally to help The Warrior and stand up for him. I was a new player back in the days of Wrath (aka: not really that long ago) but was blessed to have many RL friends who'd been playing since Vanilla and who took me in and gave me the tour, so to speak. I'm pretty sure that if I'd just stumbled into it on my own, I wouldn't have lasted past the first couple of months since I'd never played an MMO before.

Fun means different things to different people - for me, it's a little bit of seeing new content, and a LOT of doing goofy stuff with my guildies. (They raid, and progress through content, but casually - I do LFR but it's not the be-all end-all of my WoW experience.) For others, they can't be happy unless they're pwning something right off the meter. Ideally everyone should be able to find a place that suits them if WoW is where they want to be spending their "fun" time.
90 Blood Elf Priest
So after reading this post I had to let others know about this issue. I also posted an encouragement post onto my guild facebook page hoping that not only my guild sees it but anyone on any server/faction/game. All are welcome to join The Dai Li. A guild who has been helpful and caring towards each other since the day it was created. A link to my post is added below. Please remember that this is a fantasy game where people go to escape reality and the harsh outside world. This game should be a place one can escape and enjoy the hours they are on playing with friends, family, and random people without being bullied. To everyone that does read my comment a helping hand goes along way. Always enjoy your time in Azeroth. Many travels to you all!

https://www.facebook.com/TheDaiLi
Edited by Sionnoch on 2/14/2013 10:47 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
Having played since the day it first released (as well as a day or two in the open beta earlier that week) I honestly find the game a ot more fun now than when I originally bailed in mid 2008.

WotLK's redesign of the dungeon finder, and the overhaul of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms in Cataclysm, both really did wonders to make the game easier to jump into.

However, the convenience of jumping into dungeon groups and such has also made the game so much faster paced that players really don't have patience anymore. It takes zero investment to get a dungeon run going, so nobody thinks twice about bailing if things go sour.

People will kick a scrub tank instead of just giving him tips on how to do better. If someone has to go to the bathroom, there's a decent chance they'll be booted from the party before they get back. The game and its players are all in a huge hurry, and sometimes that gets pretty tiring.
90 Worgen Death Knight
they have appeared to have lost the concept of what a game is
90 Pandaren Rogue
Good luck warrior.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Sad as it gets!
Well, guys newcomer, if they want a guild in Tolbarad named Bloodwing makes no distinction, we grew up together! And players from other servers if they want some help, can add my battletag leonardogmf#1237 I'll help in what I can do ! Hugs to all!
41 Gnome Priest
Ouch my heart.
90 Night Elf Druid
Surprised to see this thread still going strong. Also, pleasantly surprised to see it's mostly positive.

Ideally everyone should be able to find a place that suits them if WoW is where they want to be spending their "fun" time.

Agreed.
90 Dwarf Paladin
bump
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for posting this.
90 Gnome Monk
I almost cried at that, that story is so heartbreaking... I really do feel for that warrior, bullying, even cyber bullying has gotten completely out of control.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
What is this coming out of my eyes?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]