*Spoilers* Stormwind 5.2

100 Human Paladin
Stormwind and Orgrimmar are going to be repaired in 5.2. Org's gate is finally finished along with some other fortfications, and Stormwinds Valley of Heroes is looking good and the way it should. The part that concerns me and yes i know its still might not be finished is the park. I've heard people say in the ptr the park is still a crater. Is the park going to be repaired or atleast walled off? Because that side of the city looks like trash when all the stones are laying eveywhere with burn marks on them and a giant hole with fire and stuff dropping into the ocean... It doesn't make Stormwind look nice at all.

And it isnt really a good idea defense wise to have a giant space like that over the ocean in your city if the Horde ever laid seige to it. Does anyone know for sure if the park is going to ever be repaired or will there forever be a giant flaming crater there?
Reply Quote
While it is nice that Blizzard is updating the two cities, the fact that the Park District is still destroyed feels like blizzard just being lazy. I'm sure if pressed for a reason they'll "hint" that they intend to do something with that space "In the future."

I'll eat my hat if they actually do. And its my work hat too.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
While it is nice that Blizzard is updating the two cities, the fact that the Park District is still destroyed feels like blizzard just being lazy. I'm sure if pressed for a reason they'll "hint" that they intend to do something with that space "In the future."

Yeah, until the other cities are given love or hell, central portals, Blizzard can screw off.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Maybe it will be a giant statue of Go'el holding young Anduin on his shoulder and looking up at him smiling.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 12:17 AMPosted by Ferlion
Yeah, until the other cities are given love or hell, central portals, Blizzard can screw off.

Yes, this.

It makes me feel like Blizzard is condensing the game into "Orcs & Humans." I am not an Orc, or Human hater by any means. But it's a little disappointing.

Heck, if this is what they wanted, why didn't they take this route at the beginning of World of Warcraft?

The utter destruction of the Night Elven forests by the Burning Legion and Scourge forces them to set sail for the Eastern Kingdoms, and the Humans take them in. The Night Elves get their own district next to the Dwarves. The Draenei crash land in the Swamp of Sorrows and also seek refuge in Stormwind, and get a district. With Worgen, so little needs to be changed its not even funny. Move their tree to Stormwind. The Dwarves dig too deep and Ironforge is lost, good thing they had the Dwarven District. Gnomes just follow suit since they never had their home either.

The Tauren lose Mulgore again to an amassed force of Quilboar and Centaur. The Forsaken and Garithos fail to take the Captiol City of Lordaeron from the Dreadlords, and the Forsaken set sail on their ships to Kalimdor, and find their place in an Orgrimmar ghetto. Silvermoon was actually destroyed by the Scourge, so the Blood Elves shack up in Orgrimmar too, why the hell not... Goblins and Trolls already consider Orgrimmar their Capital, so they don't change.

Now all the races are tag-alongs for the Orcs and Humans.

Warcraft as Blizzard intended.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
Stormwind gets updated twice before Exodar gets updated once. Thanks Blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I like that what they are doing in Org is deleting the unfinished half of 2 structures and copy/pasting the finished half.

And really, the park should have been a Gilnean/NE tree all this time.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 01:26 AMPosted by Lena

You need to mine more minerals and vespene gas before you can update it
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Monk
02/08/2013 01:45 AMPosted by Searik

You need to mine more minerals and vespene gas before you can update it

Stupid broken, we give you 1 freaking job and you suck at it. Mine faster!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
When I first saw the changes to Stormwind in Cataclysm, I knew there would be a potential problem with the changes remaining in effect long after they stopped being relevant.

At this point, I'm just glad fixing the city is on the agenda at all. Orgrimmar was bound to see updates because of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid, but Stormwind isn't going to be in any raids and any updates would have to be done for their own sake.

And lets be honest with ourselves, the gate did have to take priority because of how it's the first thing players see when entering the city. Despite all the discussion on the Park, it's in the rear corner of the city and can wait for another patch if need be.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
If you're coming from Kalimdor, the first thing you see is the gaping hole that used to be the Park District. If you're coming from Ironforge, the first thing you see is the banged up clock tower and the completely destroyed barracks. If you use a mage portal, you see again the destroyed barracks and possibly the park district.

The first thing that many players see is not the front gate.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

True, but it is the first thing that humans see.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I'm angrier at Blizzard being lazy again with the Alliance than I am that other cities haven't been updated. Yes, I think that cities other than Stormwind and Orgrimmar should have portals and services which don't force me to hop on a boat every time I want to get a transmog, for example, but not every city needs an update.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/08/2013 03:44 AMPosted by Gibbons

Not all of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM2rFZGujhk
Reply Quote
I'd be content if the park were just cleaned up a bit, the rubble cleared and such to make room for repairs, but totally ignored? Ya, Blizz is lazy

But at least they're showing they care
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
If you're coming from Kalimdor, the first thing you see is the gaping hole that used to be the Park District. If you're coming from Ironforge, the first thing you see is the banged up clock tower and the completely destroyed barracks. If you use a mage portal, you see again the destroyed barracks and possibly the park district.

Clock tower is getting fixed too, so that's a moot point. And you're forgetting flightpaths, which come in from the front of the city rather then the rear. While you can see the destroyed park on an inbound flight, the damage to the gate is far, far more up front in that case.

Honestly I don't get how people are acting like they've been insulted when Blizzard fixes part of the damage rather then what they've done in all the other patches since Cataclysm, which is nothing at all. Laziness is them doing nothing to the city (like I said before, there is no Siege of Stormwind raid so the city doesn't technically need any updates), not fixing the gate and clock tower.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/08/2013 06:54 AMPosted by Falrinn
And you're forgetting flightpaths, which come in from the front of the city rather then the rear. While you can see the destroyed park on an inbound flight, the damage to the gate is far, far more up front in that case.

I don't forget it. I figured there was at least an even chance that someone wouldn't bother using a flight point to visit Stormwind.

Honestly I don't get how people are acting like they've been insulted when Blizzard fixes part of the damage rather then what they've done in all the other patches since Cataclysm, which is nothing at all. Laziness is them doing nothing to the city (like I said before, there is no Siege of Stormwind raid so the city doesn't technically need any updates), not fixing the gate and clock tower.

Simply put, the park is the most devastated part of the city, like an open wound. A true eyesore, especially if you had some idea of what used to be there. Restoring, updating, and integrating it into the new Stormwind would be a geninuely ambitious project. Something that would actually be worth celebrating.

Compare that to the gate, where it's one knocked over statue and a few claw marks. Apply some spackle and there, repair job finished. Frankly, people will probably miss Deathwing's clawmarks. They'll say to eachother "Hey! You guys remember when Deathwing was cool? Yeah..."
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/08/2013 05:29 AMPosted by Cbredbeard

Not all of them...

Yes, all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij62XehIhh0
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sorry...but building back an entire part of a city is VERY long? I mean theres only water and dust there now.

Just think about the bridge in Redridge mountains...or worse the inn in Westfall.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Not all of them...

Yes, all of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij62XehIhh0

If you're going to be like that, then the first thing anyone sees is the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. ;b
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]