*Spoilers* Stormwind 5.2

100 Dwarf Paladin
Simply put, the park is the most devastated part of the city, like an open wound. A true eyesore, especially if you had some idea of what used to be there. Restoring, updating, and integrating it into the new Stormwind would be a geninuely ambitious project. Something that would actually be worth celebrating.

Which is why it might take another patch for it to actually happen....

It's not like Orgrimmar got some amazing updates anyways in 5.2. They finished armoring up the front gate and one building, neither of which were particularly ambitious projects. If anything the changes to Stormwind, even without anything done to the park, were much more extensive.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
It makes me feel like Blizzard is condensing the game into "Orcs & Humans." I am not an Orc, or Human hater by any means. But it's a little disappointing.
Sad, but true.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Compare that to the gate, where it's one knocked over statue and a few claw marks. Apply some spackle and there, repair job finished. Frankly, people will probably miss Deathwing's clawmarks. They'll say to eachother "Hey! You guys remember when Deathwing was cool? Yeah..."

Deathwing was never cool.

As well, fixing the Old Barracks would interfere with the old Twilight Highlands questing experience (more work to re-route that), and frankly, the concept of fixing up the park is nice and all, but there's just a big empty hole there now. Sure, would be nice if they cleaned up a bit of the rubble and fixed the surrounding road, but whatever's going in there now is going to be an actually ambitious project, and these updates are pure side-project to just spruce up SW and Org a bit.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/08/2013 08:05 AMPosted by Vesran
As well, fixing the Old Barracks would interfere with the old Twilight Highlands questing experience (more work to re-route that)

Oh no! I completely forgot about that! What would WoW be without it's "24" reference!? -_-
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Should be phased.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Archpaladin
Should be phased.

That's what i was thinking, they could phase the quest or something.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
02/08/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Gollard
Should be phased.

That's what i was thinking, they could phase the quest or something.

Best route would probably be to fix the building but don't use it for anything important, perhaps to the point of sealing it closed. Then just have the building be unsealed and be taken over by the Twilight's Hammer for the quest.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
While i would certainly liked to see all the cities updated (even the npcs mention how sad it is that half of Silvermoon is still in ruins with statues of Kael everywhere) i believe we are over looking a very important part of blizzards reasoning.

They update places that actually get used.

Blizzard stated one of the primary disappointments in Burning Crusade is that for all the effort they put into both Silvermoon and Exodar, they were ghost towns in their own expansions. Not even having two raids, an instance, and a daily quest hub within spitting distance increased Silvermoon's traffic by a significant amount.

Keeping even orgrimmar and stormwind relevant was their entire reason behind not having auction houses and class trainers in the neutral hubs before cata.

So now every city has every trainer and a portal to the blasted lands. Sure, they could put portals to every city in every other city, essentially blurring whatever semblance of separation that has already waned with the fact that you can already wait two minutes and be there by zeppelin or boat but would that really solve the problem?

Having every city get every expansion portal is certainly an option (though thunderbluff will need to grow a few pillars, go go shamans) but what you really need is continues relevant reason to be there. Remember that class trainers and separate AH used to be one but they were giant pains in the !@#, so convenience is key.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I hope they renovate the park completely and just make it a giant concrete basin for alliance tears to fill.
Reply Quote
Or better yet, throw Anduin into said hole, and then fill it with tears... he'll drown himself!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/08/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Zorroak
Or better yet, throw Anduin into said hole, and then fill it with tears... he'll drown himself!

Or we could throw you in there. See I can be silly to.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Lorthuron

OR YOU! THROW ALL THE HUMANS IN THERE!

....Oh, you mean we're not removing humans so other races can get development?

Enterprise! EMERGENCY BEAM OUT!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/08/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Lorelaî

I approve of removing humans.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman

How long have you been a Gnome?
Reply Quote

How long have you been a Gnome?

A week or two now.

I was posting on Fylane while it loaded correctly.

Horde guild died, so most of my Horde friends were off server, and so I went Alliance.

Sadly, I can not be a Blood Elf as Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

*Has a very serious face*

I approve of removing humans.

There would be hell to pay from you if we said that about Night Elves and Draenei so let's not go there.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:16 PMPosted by Lorthuron
There would be hell to pay from you if we said that about Night Elves and Draenei so let's not go there.

I'm sure she'd say the same thing about Night Elves/Draenei if they were made the supreme overlords of Alliance lore with every other race pushed under the rug.

I know I would.

Edit: Actually, no I wouldn't. Humans shouldn't be the central focus in any form in a fantasy game that has such a large diversity of races.

It's just wrong. I can understand in scify tv shows and movies, since those are generally based off our timeline in the future and making aliens the central focus would be expensive due to make-up. But in a game, it's wrong.
Edited by Lorelaî on 2/8/2013 10:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
02/08/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Lorelaî

Good news is you can be a Gnome which, while in desperate need of more screen time, is pretty awesome.

On topic, rebuilding the crater is one heck of a project, so I wouldn't bet on seeing it revamped in a patch that doesn't directly involve either capital.

I have advocated having the park fixed post-Siege of Orgrimmar and plopping the end-of-cinematic doodad somewhere therein, but I'm honestly not sure how feasible that would be.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:21 PMPosted by Kellick

Good news is you can be a Gnome which, while in desperate need of more screen time, is pretty awesome.

On topic, rebuilding the crater is one heck of a project, so I wouldn't bet on seeing it revamped in a patch that doesn't directly involve either capital.

I have advocated having the park fixed post-Siege of Orgrimmar and plopping the end-of-cinematic doodad somewhere therein, but I'm honestly not sure how feasible that would be.

That'd be cool. It could be in the center of the embassy district I so desperately want.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Lorelaî

That'd be cool. It could be in the center of the embassy district I so desperately want.

Did you shrink O_O?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]