Team work

90 Worgen Druid
Greetings everyone!

Alliance needs to start coming together instead of drifting further apart. There is a LOT of talent on this server for us to dip into, let us get some !@#$ going.

http://youtu.be/bkUUjUJ4wHg

Watch the whole video, let it inspire you. It's all about hands and feet, every piece and part goes in to playing this song perfectly. We should, and I am, looking for that kind of talent.

I'm new to this server, but there is so much talent it doesn't make sense why folks (guilds) don't talk to each other. Let's get together and make music. Seriously. People who know me understand where I'm coming from.

If *I* lead a horse to water, it's going to %^-*ing drink, or else I'll get another horse who will. I can help and support, but I'm not a nanny.

I tell everyone, is this something you want? So lets go!! xD
Edited by Calhoun on 2/8/2013 12:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
Team work is dumb
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thanks, some random player in Darkness Within, I appreciate your support and you very eloquent feedback.

This is for the rest of the server, the other 99%. So, you may go back to your hole/bridge/ditch or whatever. kthxbai
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:46 PMPosted by Calhoun
go back to your hole/bridge

I own a bridge all to myself? that's pretty fancy
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
'Sup Stibbs.
Reply Quote
Heyo
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/08/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Adorè
go back to your hole/bridge

I own a bridge all to myself? that's pretty fancy

Yeah, uh, no. Just because you're habitating a certain location, it doesn't automatically make it your property. Unless if you're from Malaysia, then it would make sense.

If that concept is too complicated, its like you living in your mothers basement. And then, since your mother plays for the mortgage, bills, etc., you "declare" that basement as your property. While, I'm a little glad you think this is pretty fancy, it's not legal.

I'll let the homeless folks around here know that the bridge they sleep under is now theirs, obviously because the occupy the space.

ANY WAYS!!!

No one runs 25s on this server, why??
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Calhoun
its like you living in your mothers basement.

I'm 17 so yes i live with my mother..

also

because teamwork is dumb
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
World of Warcraft, your house, the street you live on, and the country you live in were in fact built by one man, hidden throughout time, who seeks to better humanity because teamwork is in fact dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
No gear benefit and more hassle to deal with.

Same reason why people in general tend not to run 26s anymore save for the super die hards.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
[quote]
its like you living in your mothers basement.

I'm 17 so yes i live with my mother..

Yup, still doesn't make it "your" basement, it makes it your mothers basement. Most likely its a rental, so its not legally hers, to be real. But, its not yours, you're just renting, not owning.

And is this server that dead? Because that's pretty much my takeaway from my two months here. Very sad, in my opinion. You should want to be great, and have great gear, instead of being noobs.

Edit: I'm also going to take you for your word that you're 17. You're probably a lazy, young troll. I hope your main has some sort of authority in Darkness Within, because you're part of the problem. Have fun in 10s fools! No one here does !@#$.
Edited by Calhoun on 2/10/2013 9:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well, greetings KT,

It's a Sunday night, late at night, and the Alliance had enough to down Sha. Horde was no where to be seen. We had 6 people over 50k dps; and I know 10 other people that can do the same. Why is this server so complacent?? It's full of talented people, it just makes me sick.

I've canceled my account. My last day is Feb 28th, then it's over. And honestly I can't stand another paid transfer. Among other things, I think pvp is broken and unbalanced. I think quests are lame are very linear. I remember the days of Stranglethorn where you had to drop quests. This game ain't what it used to be. I will periodically log in, so no one can usurp this guild that I've obtained.

I came here around November, and its been nothing but a let down. There is a lack of community here. The more people I get to know, the LESS I understand why we don't work together.

Stuff is hard, but you should *want* to have it, and that's when its a reward. I'm a tank, and WE NEED to push forward as a server!! If anyone wants!! I'm willing to lead and do DKP, lets get something going.

Team work is only bad if you have a weak link. I nominate Adore as the weakest link.
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 09:49 PMPosted by Calhoun
and have great gear, instead of being noobs

great gear = not a noob? what?

Yup, still doesn't make it "your" basement

1. i never said the basement was "mine". 2. i dont live in the basement. 3. even if i did live in the basement i fail to see how my elevation in the house is an insult to me

Have fun in 10s fools! No one here does !@#$.

i dont actually play anymore but im still subscribed for a month and a half so thank you

And is this server that dead? Because that's pretty much my takeaway from my two months here

if it took you 2 months to figure out kirin tor was a dead/dieing server then i feel sorry for trauma because there leader is obviously incompetent

02/10/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Calhoun
Team work is only bad if you have a weak link. I nominate Adore as the weakest link.

were i a link in this chain in the first place i would say that you are wrong but who am i to argue with someone with no raid experience, no pvp experience or any success whatsoever in this game..

You're probably a lazy, young troll. I hope your main has some sort of authority in Darkness Within

because having authority in darkness within would somehow improve my character to you?
lol nerd
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
...Well this escalated quickly.

Looks like the small, quiet town with the wall of lethargy claims yet another victim of ambition.

Because really, this server's glory days are long past People don't "try" anymore, they just go at their own pace. People join together not based on competence but for reasons unrelated to game play for the most part.

In short, KT is a cluster of casual guilds with odds and ends sticking out here and ther

...But to address your points more directly.

You should want to be great,
What other people "should" or "should not" do is up to the ones paying the money for their account and their characters. That means not you.

The first mistep anyone takes in coming here seeking to tap into some untapped potential within the server is that they think of other people as a means to some grand design that exists solely within their head. There's a long list of people that have tried and failed this course of action.

The second misstep?
instead of being noobs.

Plan didn't work, blame the server. Because we're all a bunch of noobs who can't possibly measure up to the Great Architect who's glorious plan was all brought to ruination on account of the people just not being awesome enough.

Which really kind of shoots your own cause in the foot. The only thing the server can really unite is when some person has it in them to blame the whole server.

This server is not a hivemind. We don't all answer when someone calls Kirin Tor. There's circles and cliques abound, and while you might get a few ears here and there, if your goal was to get the whole server to get up on it's feet, good bloody luck doing that by insinuating we should all have your level of ambition and calling us noobs when it doesn't work out.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There is no -lack- of community on Kirin Tor, it just seems like we're not doing exactly what you want us to do. People do 25 mans, hell my own guild does them, and even I don't like them. It's a huge mess-up fest with nothing to show for the effort other than a few scant pieces of gear that I could easily get with a competent group of raiders.

The problem here is what Shim said. You offered a proposition to the server of banding together for 25 mans, got a negative response, and then lashed out at all of us as a whole. You seem very unhappy with the game itself and I don't think Kirin Tor had anything to do with it, as you listed off a decent list of things wrong with the game...not KT.

And like I said, we have a community. Kirin Tor is home to some of the most amazing people to ever play this game, and many of us have known each other for the majority of a decade. For someone like you to come here as a spring chick to the server and get mad at us for being something we're not only to ragequit...you're quite foolish.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
02/10/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Calhoun
And honestly I can't stand another paid transfer.

If you can't be happy where you are, you probably won't be happy where you're going. Generalization is general, but having to transfer more than once pretty much says it all.

(Also, some constructive criticism: You got sucked in by that troll way too easily. In the future, recognize a troll, and ignore. You'll have a much better time on the internet for it.)
Edited by Tenthul on 2/11/2013 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
People actually visit and read the forums?? Maybe there is hope for you guys!

02/11/2013 07:15 PMPosted by Tenthul
(Also, some constructive criticism: You got sucked in by that troll way too easily. In the future, recognize a troll, and ignore. You'll have a much better time on the internet for it.)

Truth, Tenthul. Stupid trolls lol, I placed his age around 15, now I place it around 11, and obviously Adore has no idea what he's talking about, but more than likely doesn't represent anything.

Because really, this server's glory days are long past People don't "try" anymore, they just go at their own pace. ... The first mistep anyone takes in coming here seeking to tap into some untapped potential within the server is that they think of other people as a means to some grand design that exists solely within their head. There's a long list of people that have tried and failed this course of action ... Which really kind of shoots your own cause in the foot. The only thing the server can really unite is when some person has it in them to blame the whole server.

Very good points Shim, I appreciate your insight. That about sums everything I've discovered over the last few months.
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 09:10 PMPosted by Calhoun
Stupid trolls lol, I placed his age around 15, now I place it around 11

My age really doesn't matter when it comes to insulting you to be honest because anybody 6 and over can do it with how easy you make it..

You're trying to insinuate that me supposedly being 11 makes me immature, but you not only targeted me, but my whole guild, most of the server and everyone who wont agree with you because i told you that "team work is dumb" so you really don't have anywhere to stand when you insult somebodies maturity..

also, team work is dumb
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/11/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Adorè
Stupid trolls lol, I placed his age around 15, now I place it around 11

My age really doesn't matter when it comes to insulting you to be honest because anybody 6 and over can do it with how easy you make it..

Your mama!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]