Enhance sham gap closer idea.

72 Human Monk
PVP suggestions only

Enhancement feels like it needs a gap closer but giving another melee a gap closer seems overdone and lame.

Like Ascendance why not give our auto-attacks(no melee casted ability's) a 30yrd range.
now that might seem OP to people like zomg ranged melee!! but enhance has poor uptime and our healing is dependent on being in melee, (wars have 99% uptime so it cant be that bad). This would give us malestorm procs at range.

Enhancement dmg is also very poor outside of Ascendance, so for another idea make our windfury procs Nature dmg. being nature they wouldnt get a boost in dmg from Ascendance. this might be very powerful so tuning might be required but the idea would be a nice improvement.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
30 yards......more like 6-8 imo if you're going that route.
Reply Quote
72 Human Monk
why rogues get ST, and its only auto attack
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/08/2013 01:17 AMPosted by Vallkia
Like Ascendance why not give our auto-attacks(no melee casted ability's) a 30yrd range.

That would invalidate one of the main points of Ascendance, as well as being completely broken in PvE.

This would give us malestorm procs at range.

as well as being completely broken in PvE.

so for another idea make our windfury procs Nature dmg. being nature they wouldnt get a boost in dmg from Ascendance.

....Ascendance never buffed Windfury in the first place?

Also, Windfury being straight nature damage? Hmm, if anything, this would

be completely broken in PvE.

Another note,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Shattered%20Hand/Tynisa/simple

Felt it was necessary to just link the armory to your shaman, as the idea of people throwing ideas out about changes to a class when they're not actually posting on their shaman is abhoring to me.
Edited by Platform on 2/8/2013 2:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
72 Human Monk
Why would any of that be broken in pve? you cant SS or lava lash, isnt gonna turn us into a range class the whole point is to build malestorm procs when range kite the !@#$ out of you. and yeah my shaman has scrub gear because i can already see how horrible they are in pvp. As for windfury dealing nature dmg i said tuning would be required.

Also just trying to throw out an example, Rogues have nice dmg output with ST why is it when some1 throws out shaman ideas they get shot down ;/.
Reply Quote
I actually like this idea a lot, I don't know how I'd feel about the windfury doing nature damage though, dunno how major of a change that would actually be. Maybe together it would be way too good for PvP, for PvE it just means doing more damage essentially, and better positioning oppurtunities.

Idunno, I just want a reason to play enhance over resto again since I'm on a dead server and we lack healers.
Reply Quote
72 Human Monk
The windfury doing nature dmg was just an idea to try boost dmg a bit in pvp outside of ascendance cause its just a tad low it seems. i know i dont play my shaman in pvp this xpac but just watching them in YouTube videos and in bg's its depressing.

As for the range auto attack dmg, it was just something is that might be decent instead of say a gap closer, mages with blazing speed(if talented) on a 10 sec cd are gonna be very hard to get some uptime on so just being able to get some heals out would help. That new flame glow talent is gonna be horrible for enh dmg also haha.
Edited by Vallkia on 2/8/2013 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/08/2013 02:24 AMPosted by Vallkia
Why would any of that be broken in pve?

Because it would drastically minimalize the DPS an Enhance Shaman loses when movement is thrown into the equation. Auto Attacks mean Windfury, Flametongue attack, Static Shock (Unleashed Fury), and Lightning Bolt. The only source of damage that wouldn't be coming from our attacks would be Stormstrike or Lava Lash, which is a horrible idea.

Enhance is in a wonderful spot in PvE--not too high (Broken), but at the same time not too low (Average, Mediocre, Undesirable). You have to keep in mind the overall affect a change to a class or spec applies because that's what's going to end up happening every time something is tweaked.

02/08/2013 02:24 AMPosted by Vallkia
As for windfury dealing nature dmg i said tuning would be required.

Again, that's the thing, Enhance's damage is wonderful right now, and the last thing that needs to be done is trying to fix something that isn't broken (EG more tuning). Sure, there may be something that needs to be done with sticking on a target, but none of the suggestions you posted are the right answers.
Reply Quote
72 Human Monk
Because it would drastically minimalize the DPS an Enhance Shaman loses when movement is thrown into the equation. Auto Attacks mean Windfury, Flametongue attack, Static Shock (Unleashed Fury), and Lightning Bolt. The only source of damage that wouldn't be coming from our attacks would be Stormstrike or Lava Lash, which is a horrible idea.

Enhance is in a wonderful spot in PvE--not too high (Broken), but at the same time not too low (Average, Mediocre, Undesirable). You have to keep in mind the overall affect a change to a class or spec applies because that's what's going to end up happening every time something is tweaked.

I can see your point, but at the same time you do have other melee classes that dont even have to worry about running between targets, charge,shadowstep,roll plus flying serpent kick.

We do have alot tied to our auto attacks, but not being able to use SS or lavalash is a big deal.

Again there just ideas thrown out there with all the other shaman sugestions, i just wanna see them get anything.

maybe give the range auto attack a cd and duration. say 10 sec duration 30 sec cd
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/08/2013 02:49 AMPosted by Vallkia
I can see your point, but at the same time you do have other melee classes that dont even have to worry about running between targets, charge,shadowstep,roll plus flying serpent kick.

What about an idea that maybe doesn't do anything whatsoever to the actual damage output with movement/at all? What about a suggestion to defensives? Grounding Totem? SR used while silenced? AS while stunned? Lower the cooldown on Windwalk Totem? Lower the cooldown on Earthbind Totem? Tremor Totem has an added benefit to clear all silences on the shaman and make him immune to them for the duration of the totem, like with fear/sleep/charm?

I mean, there are just many different other utility things like that which could be good buffs without affecting much (If at all) in PvE.

We do have alot tied to our auto attacks, but not being able to use SS or lavalash is a big deal.

I get that, but that still doesn't change the situation Enhance sits on with PvE.

maybe give the range auto attack a cd and duration. say 10 sec duration 30 sec cd

Waaaaay too frequent. At that point it might as well have no cooldown, which would put us back at square one with my statement. Even if we weren't at this 'square one' hypothetically, by humoring the idea of it having that cooldown, it would still do what I stated previously, which is:

02/08/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Platform
invalidate one of the main points of Ascendance

EDIT: Will look at this later. Going to bed.
Edited by Platform on 2/8/2013 3:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
72 Human Monk
What about an idea that maybe doesn't do anything whatsoever to the actual damage output with movement/at all? What about a suggestion to defensives? Grounding Totem? SR used while silenced? AS while stunned? Lower the cooldown on Windwalk Totem? Lower the cooldown on Earthbind Totem? Tremor Totem has an added benefit to clear all silences on the shaman and make him immune to them for the duration of the totem, like with fear/sleep/charm?

I mean, there are just many different other utility things like that which could be good buffs without affecting much (If at all) in PvE.

why suggest ideas that have alrdy been done? and to be honest dude in pvp dps shaman need buffs so to say no to more movement utility because of pve is kinda silly.

02/08/2013 02:58 AMPosted by Platform
Waaaaay too frequent. At that point it might as well have no cooldown, which would put us back at square one with my statement. Even if we weren't at this 'square one' hypothetically, by humoring the idea of it having that cooldown, it would still do what I stated previously, which is:

Not really, i hate using the same example but mage with a sprint on a 10 sec cd that breaks stuns???
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Id take earthen power back. Gives enh back some of its mobility w/o impacting resto at all. shorter cd of ww totem wld be awesome, but they wont do it if resto can spec it.

With EP, we cld have a gap closer when UF specced.
Reply Quote
Wolf leap or raiden teleport would be cool ability for shammies.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/08/2013 03:27 AMPosted by Vallkia
why suggest ideas that have alrdy been done?

Shamanistic Rage has never been usable while silenced. Astral Shift is usable while silenced but not while stunned. Tremor Totem has never cleared all silence effects and made you immune to them for the duration.

Did you even READ what I have to say or do you just not like my ideas because they aren't directly buffing the numbers coming out of your character? All of them were unique, and all of them were rather significant changes

Jesus Christ, this is what I get when I try to be rational.

nd to be honest dude in pvp dps shaman need buffs so to say no to more movement utility because of pve is kinda silly.

How many times does PvE get nerfed because of PvP? Riddle me that. It's stupid.

02/08/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Platform
You have to keep in mind the overall affect a change to a class or spec applies because that's what's going to end up happening every time something is tweaked.

Not really, i hate using the same example but mage with a sprint on a 10 sec cd that breaks stuns???

I can't tell if you're serious. Not about the mage sprint, but trying to use this as one of your reasons.
Edited by Platform on 2/8/2013 12:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
02/08/2013 02:26 AMPosted by Töx
I actually like this idea a lot, I don't know how I'd feel about the windfury doing nature damage though, dunno how major of a change that would actually be.

Considering it would ignore armor *and* benefit from mastery, I'm thinking pretty major. Probably too major.
Reply Quote
I want to see the Flame Rush ability that fire elementals in hyjal have. Rush forward a distance leaving a trail of fire behind you. Gap closer, and throw some aoe dps in there as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]