Anduin Wrynn

22 Dwarf Warrior
I was thinking about this earlier.

Is it at all possible that Varian isn't Anduin's father? I'm not going to speculate on hair color since it's entirely possible for Anduin to inherit his mother's hair color. I'm looking deeper towards his affinity for 'the holy light'. Not only is he extremely close to Magni, to the point of considering him an 'uncle' this is a direct quote: "The Holy Light responds well to him, and he feels such a natural affinity to it that both King Magni and High Priest Rohan suggest that Anduin may have a more fitting calling as a Priest."

A natural affinity for the light when neither his parents pursued that path. In reading Tiffin Wrynn's wikipedia I also noticed this: "Though her marriage was arranged at birth in order to give her family a place in the Stormwind House of Nobles she did have a short lived relationship with another man."

This implies that there is AT THE LEAST a chance that Varian isn't Anduin's father.

The other theory is that Anduin is Arthas/Jaina's offspring which could technically be possible but there's a plot-hole why/how Varian would keep this secret or adopt him as his heir. The other man referenced in Tiffin's wiki could also be Arthas but that'd be improbable.
Edited by Fartbeard on 2/8/2013 9:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have not heard anything to suggest that being a priest is hereditary.
Reply Quote
22 Dwarf Warrior
Exactly. That's what I assumed as well, that is was more of a philosophy or practice that you had to learn just like magic or more kinetic arts however the sentence below:

02/08/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Fartbeard
"The Holy Light responds well to him, and he feels such a natural affinity to it that both King Magni and High Priest Rohan suggest that Anduin may have a more fitting calling as a Priest."

Implies that you can be naturally capable of both understanding and using the light which further implies that it could/is very well hereditary.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Wasen't his mom a priest? Or...someone in family?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Time to go on Maury :P
Edited by Gollard on 2/8/2013 10:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Implies that you can be naturally capable of both understanding and using the light...
Yes, that's true.
...which further implies that it could/is very well hereditary.
I don't see how that follows. There are plenty of things in the real world that some people are just naturally very good at without training, and most of these talents aren't hereditary.
Reply Quote
Are we really entertaining a hypothesis of such outrageous claim from a character named "Fartbeard"?

No.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
You saying there's something wrong with beards!?
Reply Quote
22 Dwarf Warrior
I'll have you know that I'm King Magni's secretary of Historic Events at the Explorer's League, my theories are supported by royal decree.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
He's really the child of Victor Nefarius. So, Wrathion is really Anduin's uncle.

Why do black dragons have such stupid names?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/08/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Lena

Well when you have an old god whispering kill, maim, destroy into your head 24/7 it likely becomes hard to think creatively; we're lucky they're not all named Bob.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/08/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Danseis

Well when you have an old god whispering kill, maim, destroy into your head 24/7 it likely becomes hard to think creatively; we're lucky they're not all named Bob.

I am Bob of the Black Dragonflight. COWER BEFORE ME!!!!

Heroes: ...........Really?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This implies that there is AT THE LEAST a chance that Varian isn't Anduin's father.

To my knowledge there has never been lore, at all, to suggest that Anduin is not Varian's son. Having a different skill set than his father tells us nothing except that he and his father are different. Considering how very different their early lives were it is not surprising that Anduin did develop different skills.

The other theory is that Anduin is Arthas/Jaina's offspring

Again, nothing in lore to suggest this. And besides if Arthas had any children, with anyone, how long would it be before either the Forsaken or another of the many groups Arthas hurt would come after them?
Reply Quote
22 Dwarf Warrior
Again, nothing in lore to suggest this. And besides if Arthas had any children, with anyone, how long would it be before either the Forsaken or another of the many groups Arthas hurt would come after them?

That may be exactly why the truth is being concealed.

Also lore doesn't support it, but then again lore didn't support a burnt fiery man becoming the new Lich King but that definitely happened. They can potentially write whatever they want, and I can definitely see this being a possible outcome.

To my knowledge there has never been lore, at all, to suggest that Anduin is not Varian's son.

There is lore though. The sentence "Though her marriage was arranged at birth in order to give her family a place in the Stormwind House of Nobles she did have a short lived relationship with another man." leaves open the possibility that Varian isn't Anduin's father. There's no other reason for that to be in her biography other than to either set up the potentiality of Anduin to be revealed as someone else son or for us to speculate on the possibility.
Edited by Fartbeard on 2/8/2013 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd love to see Anduin be Arthas' son. I mean a little court intrigue would be good and think about it. How pissed would the Forsaken be. They'd come after him and in retaliation the Alliance would start taking a greater military interest in Lordaeron again. How better to set up the Reconquering of Stromgarde and the Healing of the land in lordaeron then to have a massive surge started by an assassination attempt. It' not unheard of guys. Remember that thing called world war one?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/08/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Glandin
I'd love to see Anduin be Arthas' son. I mean a little court intrigue would be good and think about it. How pissed would the Forsaken be. They'd come after him and in retaliation the Alliance would start taking a greater military interest in Lordaeron again. How better to set up the Reconquering of Stromgarde and the Healing of the land in lordaeron then to have a massive surge started by an assassination attempt. It' not unheard of guys. Remember that thing called world war one?

World War One=/Alliance Horde War. There's no evidence of it and this would be a retcon and really mess up the lore between Varian and his son.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not necessarily. Arthas and Varian were the best of friends. Perhaps, Varian saw it has his duty as a friend to keep his best friends Son out of danger.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/08/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Glandin
Not necessarily. Arthas and Varian were the best of friends. Perhaps, Varian saw it has his duty as a friend to keep his best friends Son out of danger.

Yes necessarily. It would be a total retcon. Anduin WAS NOT EVEN BORN when Varian met Arthas. They were just kids.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
02/08/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Fartbeard
There is lore though. The sentence "Though her marriage was arranged at birth in order to give her family a place in the Stormwind House of Nobles she did have a short lived relationship with another man."
Where the hell are you seeing THAT?
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Lorthuron

Yes necessarily. It would be a total retcon. Anduin WAS NOT EVEN BORN when Varian met Arthas. They were just kids.

And that Anduin was a baby before Arthas became a Paladin.

In fact, I think Arthas's induction ceremony was the first time he and Varian had met in person since Varian left Lordaeron.

There would be no way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]