Anduin Wrynn

((My only post in this thread.))

There is lore though. The sentence "Though her marriage was arranged at birth in order to give her family a place in the Stormwind House of Nobles she did have a short lived relationship with another man." leaves open the possibility that Varian isn't Anduin's father. There's no other reason for that to be in her biography other than to either set up the potentiality of Anduin to be revealed as someone else son or for us to speculate on the possibility.

Is that from WowWiki? If I remember, that site isn't kept up to date with the most accurate lore information. I don't recall that line being found in the CDEV#1 or lore in-game. It sounds more like someone decided to write their fan-fiction into that. Wowpedia's article on Tiffin certainly doesn't state that anywhere.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Tiffin_Ellerian_Wrynn (if someone wants take a look at it.)

Concerning Anduin, I haven't seen any evidence stating that he isn't Varian's son (it seems to me that he has his father's chin or the start of it but I could be wrong.).
Edited by Carana on 2/8/2013 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I'm not buying it. I just can't see blizz taking that kind of direction with Anduin. Also there would probably be more evidence of this theory if it were true otherwise your looking at a MAJOR retcon, and fans don't like retcons. If Blizz did this the amount of tears from fanbois would drown the entire world.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Anduin and Varian don't have fans. At best, they recieve tentative approval from people because they are the best the Alliance has to offer.

If Anduin is not Varian's biological son, that really just seems to be a completely unnecessary detail that could potentional cause trouble.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Anduin and Varian does have fans. Don't talk lies Dwarf.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Guys we seem to be forgetting this is blizzard they wouldn't have the skill to pull off something like that hell chances are they have forgotten that bit entirely
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Anduin was a baby when Arthas was inducted into the Silver Hand. When Arthas is in Dalaran dining with Antonidas, Jaina, Kael and others, they actually talk about the baby. Arthas says something about baby Anduin having a strong grip. This was before Arthas and Jaina became lovers.

It would be a silly retcon to make Arthas the father now, after all this time.

Varian and Tiffin loved each other a great deal, and she was blond. I think I've seen remarks in a story or two about how Anduin resembles his mother. And affinity to the Light has never been suggested as being hereditary, though it would be cool.

Even Jaina, the most gifted mage living now, went to Dalaran to study to become a mage. She wasn't born with any innate magical gifts. Yes, that's arcane but it shows that in the Warcraft universe, special abilities aren't really genetic.
Edited by Mahalia on 2/9/2013 3:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
This thread is a perfect case study of why WoWwiki is a piece of crap and everyone should switch to WoWpedia. Some schmuck just added that line to Tiffin's page and nobody bothered to factcheck it.
Edited by Vyrin on 2/10/2013 7:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
While it is an interesting topic to throw up to the air, I highly doubt it. In truth, Anduin looks much like his mother's representation, and you must remember, Blizzard has a small grasp of hereditary traits. Blizzard finds it much easier to put nurture over the nature aspect, by a great sum.

It's an interesting topic to think on, but that would also have made the fleeing to Kalimdor by Jaina, per say (As I saw her name mentioned) very questionable. Instead of looking to make sure her son was alright, she would go off to an entirely different continent? It would immediately downplay Jaina.

An interesting thought, and more creative than half of the posts here, so I give you a thumbs up with a no.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
^ Jania is kind of a heartless wench. She abandoned everyone for the flimisiest reasons. I'm surprised she took anyone with her, honestly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
02/10/2013 06:54 AMPosted by Cbredbeard
^ Jania is kind of a heartless wench. She abandoned everyone for the flimisiest reasons. I'm surprised she took anyone with her, honestly.

Why wouldn't she have taken anybody with her? She couldn't have steered anything bigger than a rowboat all by herself, and such a small vessel couldn't have endured the Maelstrom.
Edited by Gibbons on 2/10/2013 10:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Cbred you really need to stop spouting lies. It's Jaina and she's a very sweet person so please avoid lying cause you're so bitter an jaded that you take it out on your own faction.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/10/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Lorthuron
Cbred you really need to stop spouting lies. It's Jaina and she's a very sweet person so please avoid lying cause you're so bitter an jaded that you take it out on your own faction.

Thrall killed all of Jania's men all because he just had to meet the Oracle, and Jania didn't say a damn word about it. She also abandoned the Eastern Kingdoms all because some crazy old man told her to.

What am I supposed to think of her?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Thrall killed all of Jania's men all because he just had to meet the Oracle

Do we know that? He could have just captured them.

And he probably did, given how angry he was at Grom for killing them.

In any event, the humans Thrall fought in chapters 3, 6, and 7 were only a small fraction of Jaina's forces; he used zeppelins to bypass the rest.
Edited by Gibbons on 2/10/2013 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/10/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Gibbons
Thrall killed all of Jania's men all because he just had to meet the Oracle

Do we know that? He could have just captured them.

And he probably did, given how angry he was at Grom for killing them.

The mission objective was "Raise the base to the ground"

If he didn't want to kill them, he would have tried finding another way in or wait for them to leave. And there's no way he could have captured them. They held the high ground, they were not going to surrender to him, because the base was there protect Jania as she went into the caverns.

And Jania doesn't say anything about it. She doesn't say anything about what happened with her father after the fact either. Not once has it came back to haunt her, no grief. She cried for Arthas, but no tears for her father.

I really hate her.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
And Jania doesn't say anything about it.

Probably because there's nothing to say anything about.

She doesn't say anything about what happened with her father after the fact either. Not once has it came back to haunt her, no grief.

Yes, it did haunt her, in Tides of War.

Anyway, if Thrall did kill as many humans as Grom did, why was he mad at Grom for it? "I gave you a direct order to leave the humans alone (but it's okay if I kill them)"? Thrall never came off as such a hypocrite before.

And why would he consider Grom's bloodlust "a liability that I can't afford"?

The only logical conclusion to both Thrall's anger at Grom and Jaina's lack of anger at Thrall is that Thrall was more merciful to his human enemies than Grom was.
Edited by Gibbons on 2/10/2013 11:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Anyway, if Thrall did kill as many humans as Grom did, why was he mad at Grom for it? "I gave you a direct order to leave the humans alone (but it's okay if I kill them)"? Thrall never came off as such a hypocrite before.

And why would he consider Grom's bloodlust "a liability that I can't afford"?

The only logical conclusion to both Thrall's anger at Grom and Jaina's lack of anger at Thrall is that Thrall was more merciful to his human enemies than Grom was.

I'm not sure if you've played WC3, but the mission is to destroy all the human bases, and that only occurs once every single building is raised. This is the same treatment any enemy faction gets when you want to wipe them out in that game.

It's just Thrall being Thrall.

"Oh grom, *tussles hair*, you'll never learn will you?" *finishes what Grom started, chuckling about what a scallywag he is*
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Yes, the goal was to destroy the buildings, but that doesn't necessarily mean slaughtering everyone inside them.

Besides, buildings can be rebuilt.

And you don't even have to destroy all of the buildings anyway; in the third mission, you just have to get to the goblin laboratory and buy some zeppelins (in the process only needing to destroy one of the four human bases), and in the sixth, you just have to destroy one of the two human bases. That's a far cry from slaughtering all of Jaina's men.

And Thrall used the zeppelins to avoid most of Jaina's men between chapter 3 and chapter 6 anyway.
Edited by Gibbons on 2/10/2013 11:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
If you are suggesting Lady Tiffin is of ill repute, then I slap at your foul words.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
What the fel? 0.o Anduin is the son of Varian's queen.e There isn't anything to suggest otherwise.

Jaina followed Medhiv's orders because she saw that as the only way to preserve something and she felt his power. As stupid as that sounds, that's the reasoning blizzard gave. She believed the madman and salvaged a good amount of people from the soon to be fallen kingdom of Lordaeron.

There are people who have gotten on Teranas's case because he didn't listen to Medhiv. That the king should have listened to a madman.
Edited by Kynrind on 2/10/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]