Joining Scenario as Healer

90 Night Elf Hunter
02/08/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Koica
If they join and say "pull everything guys, I got heals" and we get done faster, then yes, queue as healer. If they're trying to DPS in their healer spec (disc priests not included), then GTFO.

What about Mistweavers?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/08/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Koica
If they join and say "pull everything guys, I got heals" and we get done faster, then yes, queue as healer. If they're trying to DPS in their healer spec (disc priests not included), then GTFO.

Holy Paladin used to be able to dish decent dps. I would know, I leveled 80-85 in holy..
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
02/08/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Lignar
Scenarios aren't difficult nor require massive DPS output plus have the added benefit of practically instant queue pop...are you really hindered so much by someone coming in a healing spec and doing less DPS? If so, I mean this is kindly as possible - get over yourself.

I disagree with that. Wiped 3 times on the last boss in Zan'vess because the mages I got paired with couldn't even break 10k dps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
you make me tempted to join scenarios without already having two other guildies now just to spite you
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I dont mind a healer, just hate when there are 2 healers that want to just stand around
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Scenarios aren't difficult nor require massive DPS output plus have the added benefit of practically instant queue pop...are you really hindered so much by someone coming in a healing spec and doing less DPS? If so, I mean this is kindly as possible - get over yourself.

I disagree with that. Wiped 3 times on the last boss in Zan'vess because the mages I got paired with couldn't even break 10k dps.

I did say 'massive DPS output'. 10k is nowhere near adequate, let alone approaching 'massive'.
Edited by Lignar on 2/8/2013 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
31 Pandaren Monk
It just depends on what the dps classes are. I've only done a few random scenarios and they were on my resto druid.

Fastest group was a dk and warrior that just went nuts when they saw they had a healer.

And... if I had to, I could always go feral and put his questing greens back on. The group I did that in made me feel like Alamo's description of feral pvp. Attack the crap out of things and run away and heal while waiting for cooldowns. Why was I doing that, you ask? Because I was the only one still alive...... Should have stayed resto.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
No, I will stay disc. I can do 30-40k dps while healing at the same time due to attonement. That's a win-win for the group.

I second that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can join as a healer and be #1 denounce spammer in 490 gear.
Or I can switch to my crappy ret spec with crappy ret gear.

Either way I hit like dooker. At least I have heals in holy spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I do about 25k dps as holy, better than most of the people I get grouped with since scenarios are the first thing a new 90 does.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I did a scenario last week with two healers (druid and shaman) and my druid which was in healing gear but boomkin spec. Sure, we weren't breaking any records and I did most of the damage, but we finished it with no problem.

QQ moar.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Well maybe if you got some actual defenses up in that Assault on that Klaxxi scenario, rather than running ahead thinking you can take on the might of the mantid army solo, I wouldn't need to heal.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I join as Shadow but for some strange reason the other two people see a Priest and think they can pull and fight the whole place.

I always join a scenario as Shadow. I always finish a scenario as a Holy Priest.

After I've switched to keep your dumb butt alive, don't think that that automatically gives you the right to pull everything else.

Because what typically happens is that you run around aggroing everything in sight, getting hit but not truely aggroing everything. I have to throw a heal to save your sorry butt and then EEK! here comes 45 really angry mobs who DO have true aggro on me!

Get off your high horse. If you are looking for someone to blame for NON-smooth runs, look in the mirror.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
No! Please keep queuing up as a healer! I love you guys so much! When we're 3 DPS, I gotta keep wasting energy on refreshing Recuperate, or sometimes after a huge pull I gotta bandage up before going for the next.

But when a healer is in the group... OH... MAI... GAAAAAAAAWD..... INCOMING MASS PULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
But when a healer is in the group... OH... MAI... GAAAAAAAAWD..... INCOMING MASS PULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

this. OP is one misguided dude. <3 healers queing for scenarios - they usually go so much faster because you can pull EVERYTHING.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
heh exactly why I will never see a Scenario.. I'm a healer x5 and we're so unwelcome there I don't even think about them.

Shame since I love healing instances/raids.. oh well.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
02/08/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Gavinel
Stop it. Stop it right now.

No.

ok hope you're good at it

/MF Activate

/AOE Grind Pull begin

"Let the World BURN, ma Healer will keep me alive"
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
No.

Now excuse me while I pull large groups and aoe them down.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
ok hope you're good at it

/MF Activate

/AOE Grind Pull begin

"Let the World BURN, ma Healer will keep me alive"
Edited by Dinan on 2/8/2013 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]