Plotline for the World of Warcraft Movie(s)

90 Human Paladin
Hey all,

I have been a fan of Warcraft ever since Warcraft II, in fact the reason I started plating this game is because I enjoyed the story of Warcraft 3 so much I wanted to continue it. I have heard that Blizzard is planning to make a Warcraft movie. (if you noticed I named my character after one of the paladins in WC3)

Now, if done right, the Warcraft movie could be as successful as movies like Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, and could attract people to come see it who were not fans of the franchise beforehand. (which it will need to do in order to be successful)

One of the biggest things I would like to stress before I begin is: focus on the characters and story (ex. Game of Thrones), Warcraft has a rich storyline and interesting characters, don't be one of those movies so focused on CGI action scenes that they forget about the story (most sci-fi/fantasy movies being made right now).

Now if you're going to tell the story of Warcraft, you need to start from the beginning, and to do that we need to go back to the original Warcraft. At the beginning of the first film (I'm going for a trilogy here), we open with the original Kingdom of Stormwind. Characters introduced would include King Llane Wrynn, Anduin Lothar, Medivh, Garona, Gul'dan, Ogrim Doomhammer. Tell the story of how Medivh betrays Stormwind and opens the portal that initially brings the orcs into Azeroth.

The plotline of the first film could show the war that ensues as the Kingdom of Stormwind struggles to keep the Horde at bay, and the eventual fall of Stormwind and the death of its king at the hands of Garona. Although Stormwind falls, the humans do achieve a victory, when Medivh is confronted by Lothar in his tower and after an epic battle killed by Lothar.

The ending could show Lothar leading the remnants of Stormwind heading north....

Now if the first movie is successful enough (and if done right it should be), I would plan on telling the story of Warcraft 2 in 2 films (just too much story to fit into 1 movie). Characters introduced in the next two films would include Uther the Lightbringer, King Terenas Menethil II, Turalyon, Lord Perenolde, Grom Hellscream, Danath Trollbane. They would also include the creation of the first death knights, as well as the first paladins. These films would tell of the formation of the Alliance of Lordaeron, and the second war that happens as the Horde pushes north to the very gates of Lordaeron's capital city. The ending of the third film would show how Gul'dan ditches the horde and Doomhammer to go to the tomb of Sargeras, which eventually leads to his death.

There's many interesting plotlines that could be included such as:

-The friction between Doomhammer and Gul'dan

-The treachery of Lord Perenolde

-The death of Lothar

Just to name a few. Anyways I'm going to stop here.

Lastly, if anyone from Blizzard reads this, I'm down to help write the Warcraft movie scripts for you :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
A rehash of the comic.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
OP's idea is a good idea, and I have wanted since it was announced :)
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Monk
I know most people don't want it to take place during WoW, but TBH I think it'd be pretty cool if they could pull off what the first X-Files movie did and use it as a bridge between expansions. Except have it involve new characters that get integrated into the expansion too.
Edited by Rilifane on 2/8/2013 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
The movie was going to start during Orcs and Humans, but this was scrapped. The movie is taking place 1 year before WoW started. We will get to see why the Alliance and Horde started fighting each other again. Arthas will NOT be in it. He was frozen after the Frozen Throne events. Varian won't be in it either, he is too busy being Lo'gosh atm. Maybe Thrall? Maybe Bolvar? Anduin? They have concept art of what they want Teldrassil to look like in the movie.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Warcraft_(film)

A link on all the info of the movie so far.
Edited by Minimize on 2/10/2013 10:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
That's quite possibly the least reliable source in all of WoW's fandom.

That said maybe in the film we'll finally get to hear the Humans talk about Lordaeron.
Edited by Vyrin on 2/10/2013 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Minimize
The movie was going to start during Orcs and Humans, but this was scrapped. The movie is taking place 1 year before WoW started. We will get to see why the Alliance and Horde started fighting each other again. Arthas will NOT be in it. He was frozen after the Frozen Throne events. Varian won't be in it either, he is too busy being Lo'gosh atm. Maybe Thrall? Maybe Bolvar? Anduin? They have concept art of what they want Teldrassil to look like in the movie.

I hope this is true. I would love nothing more than to see the Forsaken on the silver screen. I really love Blizzards take on free-willed zombies.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
I hope this is true. I would love nothing more than to see the Forsaken on the silver screen. I really love Blizzards take on free-willed zombies.

It's still gonna star a human, apparently.

So if you see the Forsaken it'll be as antagonists.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
t's still gonna star a human, apparently.

So if you see the Forsaken it'll be as antagonists.

Wouldn't that be the Scourge?
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Deathisfinal
Wouldn't that be the Scourge?

Both the Scourge and Forsaken are antagonistic to humanity.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Vyrin
Both the Scourge and Forsaken are antagonistic to humanity.

So are the entire Horde.
Reply Quote
35 Night Elf Rogue
02/08/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Genbutnaked
You forgot the most important character from WW2, Zuljin.

Was Zul'jin with the Axis or Allies? I always took naps in history class.

In all seriousness though, this is the only way I really see the story taking off. WoW's storylines are too fast-paced for a fantasy world, I think. I mean really? A war against the self-proclaimed God of Death, concurrent with the actual God of Death, took a year? A single year? And it happened right after we whooped the union of 90% of all demons in the universe?

WC1 -> 2 -> 3 is the best way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
it might not be a bad idea to do a movie that only appeals to existing warcraft fans it might spark some returning costomers and they make the money that way maybe something like wrath of lich king story or an introduction to a new expantion
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]