Stopcasting macro bug w/ silencing shot

90 Night Elf Druid
So after playing on my hunter for a while I noticed I was having trouble interrupting people with my Silencing Shot macro while casting Cobra Shot. It seems to work sometimes, but is very unreliable. The weird thing is, I also have an identical macro for my Scatter Shot that seems to work perfectly fine. I have also tested it with all of my addons turned off.
The two macros are (copied and pasted directly from my macros):
#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:shift, @focus, harm][] silencing shot

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast [mod:shift, @focus, harm][] scatter shot

I have also tried swapping the keybinds for them; the Scatter Shot macro will continue to work while my Silencing Shot macro will not. I have also tried swapping the macros' abilities, as in replacing the "Scatter Shot" with "Silencing Shot" and doing the reverse with my other macro (not shown in the youtube vid). The scatter shot continues to work, but the silencing shot does not.

I have posted a video on youtube showing this:
http://youtu.be/1ZW_SdwwftQ
In the video I was saying "Concussive Shot" when I was meaning to say "Scatter Shot". As you might see in the video, I was playing on a mac (Version 10.8.2).

Hopefully someone can shed some light on my issue or confirm that this is indeed a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Try writing stopcasting twice.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Try writing stopcasting twice.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting

Thanks! Fixed my macro. Still quite odd how it wouldn't work with just one /stopcasting. :/
Edited by Fedas on 2/8/2013 2:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/08/2013 02:14 AMPosted by Fedas
Thanks! Fixed my macro. Still quite odd how it wouldn't work with just one /stopcasting. :/

Because the first stopcasting halts your Cobra Shot and the second stops your autoshot, which is treated like a casted spell. I'm not sure why autoshot works like that now, but it's probably due to how it now continues to work while moving and you can even face away from your target between autoshot swings and if you face back before the swing ends the shot will be fired.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/08/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Mitimem

Because the first stopcasting halts your Cobra Shot and the second stops your autoshot, which is treated like a casted spell. I'm not sure why autoshot works like that now, but it's probably due to how it now continues to work while moving and you can even face away from your target between autoshot swings and if you face back before the swing ends the shot will be fired.

Ok, now it makes some sense. Scatter shot automatically stops autoshot, but silencing shot does not. So it would make sense why I would only need one '/stopcasting' for my scatter shot macro but two for my silencing shot macro.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Bump/rez.

Tyvm for this thread and the replies. I was so confused that my shift-focus silencing macro wouldn't work with /stopcasting yet it would work with scatter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yes, much <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]