DK stereotypes

90 Worgen Death Knight
Hey so as you can see I play a Dk on darkspear. Now as a Dk I myself often steroetyped. For example just the other day a mage with contenders in a random bg started complaining because a frost dk with 450k hp( blood presence) picked up the flag. These are his exact words " lol dk fc good luck trying to stay alive for more than 3 seconds" Have any of you guys ever heard anything about like this?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Every class gets stereotyped. Unfortunately, ours is that we're a bunch of noobs who chose the hero class, who think they're super l33t without knowing what the f*ck they're doing.

I can name on for each class. Ready?

Hunter: Incompetent player who needs on everything.

Rogue: Played by a bunch of pricks, take no skill and can only get kills by ganking.

Mage: Has a three button rotation, dps !@#$%, ignores mechanics no one likes him but he's valuable to the raid so you can't get rid of him.

Warlock: The definition of an elitist jerk

Paladin: Doesn't die in PvP, wipes the raid every time, the good ones are forced into a tank role.

Warrior: ME ANGRY!!! ME SMASH!!!

Priest: Healbot. Usually the best player of the group, gets blamed eveytime something goes wrong.

Shaman: Basically buff/Heroism bots. Not good for anything else.

Monks don't have a stereotype because they haven't been in the game long. Oddly enough, neither do druids. A druid typically comes in all shapes and sizes.

Just to clarify, I do not think these things about these class, I'm just pointing out the prevalent stereotypes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
DK survivability was on the table at the start of MoP, prior to blood presence buffs (8pct to 25pct). I imagine the change is still being reviewed as far as whether it was too much or not enough, etc, in pvp (and tanking for that matter). Could reasonably say it's a 'known issue' to development.

As far as player attitudes, you can expect a lot of lag (or in some cases, ignorance) in views on another class - especially if they don't play one/with one. Maybe that person had a bad experience once, who knows.

FWIW, in my opinion dks have crappy mobility relative to a lot of other carriers, but our stand-and-tank ability is about par with other similar classes (dps vs dps, tank vs tank). I will rather have a carrier who knows what they are doing over one who is the 'correct' class any day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
A mage in contender's gear knows a little something about dieing. He was giving you his honest to goodness good luck in hopes to win the game.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
02/08/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Karaahl
Unfortunately, ours is that we're a bunch of noobs who chose the hero class, who think they're super l33t without knowing what the f*ck they're doing.

You should try being a DK on a role playing realm. Everyone thinks you're the bastard son of Illidan and Jana.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
someone in another thread nailed it by saying: not every dk is an idiot, but every idiot has one
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Warlock: The definition of an elitist jerk

Paladin: Doesn't die in PvP, wipes the raid every time, the good ones are forced into a tank role.

totally agree... lmao!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/08/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Gates
someone in another thread nailed it by saying: not every dk is an idiot, but every idiot has one

I LOVE that haha.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
A druid typically comes in all shapes and sizes.

Clever.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJJOrR4wj8&t=2m21s
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I could name a few.

Male Draenei DK that is just abusolutely horrible at the game.

Worgen male DK that is just horrible at the game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I thought druids did have a stereotype: they're the only class that can tank, heal, melee dps, or ranged dps, but are terrible at all four of them. Other classes are good at something, druids are bad at everything.

Not saying that's *true*, but it does seem to be the stereotype. Of course some players are too smart to fall for stereotypes, but others aren't.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
DK survivability was on the table at the start of MoP, prior to blood presence buffs (8pct to 25pct). I imagine the change is still being reviewed as far as whether it was too much or not enough, etc, in pvp (and tanking for that matter). Could reasonably say it's a 'known issue' to development.

As far as player attitudes, you can expect a lot of lag (or in some cases, ignorance) in views on another class - especially if they don't play one/with one. Maybe that person had a bad experience once, who knows.

FWIW, in my opinion dks have crappy mobility relative to a lot of other carriers, but our stand-and-tank ability is about par with other similar classes (dps vs dps, tank vs tank). I will rather have a carrier who knows what they are doing over one who is the 'correct' class any day.

Dem achieve points. O.o
Edited by Jínxs on 2/8/2013 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
02/08/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Leafytoastdk

I'm a worgen male dk...

hatin !@# $%^-*s errywhere get my glock out POP DA TRUNK.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Male Draenei DK that is just abusolutely horrible at the game.

To be fair we really are.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/08/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Jäckßäuer

I'm a worgen male dk...

hatin !@# $%^-*s errywhere get my glock out POP DA TRUNK.
I thought you were a Goblin... O_o
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
when i go into raids the first thing i see is crap itsa dk get rdy to wipe
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Rogue: Played by a bunch of pricks, take no skill and can only get kills by ganking.

That's just mean.

Shaman: Basically buff/Heroism bots. Not good for anything else.

You forgot about the amazing heals too.

@OP: You can blame it on the blood DKs for your bad reputation. They all seem to think that because they are blood specced that they are invincible. Only class thats worse in my opinion is Druids.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Whenever i see a Frost DK, the first thought that pops into my mind is "Howling Blast, HO!" (+1 if you get the reference). I remember tanking randoms in WotLK and Cat, and almost every single Frost DK i came across in the group would go "Howling Blast, HO!" the very instant i pulled (or sometimes even before i pulled), before i had even established threat yet, and all the mobs would turn on them and wtfpwn them. Then the DK would !@#$% at me for "not tanking", lol.
I rarely ever had that problem with Unholy DKs though, because not only did they have a ramp up time, but also because most Unholy DKs i saw knew their ^-*!.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight

No skill? Try playing one and then repeat that comment.

Mage: Has a three button rotation, dps !@#$%, ignores mechanics no one likes him but he's valuable to the raid so you can't get rid of him.

Lol more than 3 buttons to actually play them well. Watch a stream of a 2200+ mage then repeat that comment.

You're statements are stupid and invalid.

Only one I agree with.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]