DK stereotypes

55 Goblin Death Knight
02/08/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Asageh
I thought you were a Goblin... O_o

So 2012.

I was on Mal'Ganis as an Goblin, then race changed Orc, then went to Kel'Thuzad as a Worgen.

I really don't like worgen at all though, just for racials.
Edited by Jäckßäuer on 2/9/2013 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I played a tank in the 'wrath of the lich king' days. I was up there with gear and so and so.

I guess these stereotypes go back all the way when DK's was introduced. They were OP, they were bad !@# and people were button bashing without knowing the runes. Pretty much everyone wanted to be a DK.

Seems that people can't get that stereotype out of their head.

I get the odd "OMG IT'S A DK TANK, OMG......." When I get that, I leave the instance and they can wait another 10 minutes. For me as a tank, I only wait 1 second to get into an instance :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Warriors, Priests and Warlocks are the only classes i know without a bad stereotype really.
Reply Quote
91 Human Death Knight
The stereotype that DKs are all horrible and were chosen only because they are a 'shadow warrior' hero class is still very much alive and well. The only problem is that like most other stereotypes it's false.
Edited by Kleykir on 2/11/2013 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
02/10/2013 03:51 AMPosted by Doomgard
Warriors, Priests and Warlocks are the only classes i know without a bad stereotype really.

I'd say shamans too but no one plays them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/08/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Leafytoastdk
Male Draenei DK that is just abusolutely horrible at the game
I was a male draenei for the longest time and I didn't have any problems. I usually topped the meters and other whatnot.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/08/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Karaahl
Monks don't have a stereotype because they haven't been in the game long

So far I've yet to see a good brewmaster. They all seem too drunk to play and/or figure out their class. I refused to heal a brewmaster in raids.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/09/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Ruthlèss
Rogue: Played by a bunch of pricks, take no skill and can only get kills by ganking.

No skill? Try playing one and then repeat that comment.

Mage: Has a three button rotation, dps !@#$%, ignores mechanics no one likes him but he's valuable to the raid so you can't get rid of him.

Lol more than 3 buttons to actually play them well. Watch a stream of a 2200+ mage then repeat that comment.

You're statements are stupid and invalid.

Warrior: ME ANGRY!!! ME SMASH!!!

Only one I agree with.

You know selective quoting is fraught with danger. Let me elaborate with the power of selective quoting:

The original post in question
02/08/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Karaahl
Just to clarify, I do not think these things about these class, I'm just pointing out the prevalent stereotypes.

Your response
02/09/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Ruthlèss
You're statements are stupid and invalid.

My thoughts on the matter
02/08/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Gates
not every dk is an idiot, but every idiot has one
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
owned
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Warrior: ME ANGRY!!! ME SMASH!!!

Yeah, that's what we've been reduced to.

T-t-thanks Ghostcrawler ;_;
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
02/08/2013 11:50 AMPosted by Ohgodfleas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJJOrR4wj8&t=2m21s
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
DSG
LOL DK OP....

I like that one the best. Then the people who spout off this nonsense roll a DK, then promptly come to the DK forum to say:

1. My DPS is bad...what do I do?
2. Blood tanking...what do I do?
3. What is my “rotation” in <<X>> spec?
4. Frost//UH too squishy...what do I do?
5. Runeforges...what do I do?

It is hilarious to me that their initial viewpoint is LOL DK OP. Then they try it...and realize not every jack-wagon can play one well. You don't just become OP by rolling a DK. You become OP by learning how to play one well.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
DSG
Mage: Has a three button rotation, dps !@#$%, ignores mechanics no one likes him but he's valuable to the raid so you can't get rid of him.

LOL...more than three (3) buttons to actually play them well...You're statements are stupid and invalid.

Yep.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Oh, you Death Knights and your Necromancy!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
DSG
07/22/2015 04:45 PMPosted by Draile
Oh, you Death Knights and your Necromancy!

Hey...we've got to be the best at “something”, right?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
LOL DK OP....

I like that one the best. Then the people who spout off this nonsense roll a DK, then promptly come to the DK forum to say:

1. My DPS is bad...what do I do?
2. Blood tanking...what do I do?
3. What is my “rotation” in <<X>> spec?
4. Frost//UH too squishy...what do I do?
5. Runeforges...what do I do?

It is hilarious to me that their initial viewpoint is LOL DK OP. Then they try it...and realize not every jack-wagon can play one well. You don't just become OP by rolling a DK. You become OP by learning how to play one well.

This is a two year old thread..
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
07/22/2015 08:35 PMPosted by Xyach
This is a two year old thread..

Except Nairomi wasn't the first to necro-bump it. :P
Edited by Veranolth on 7/23/2015 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6CYUC3thOE
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I get stereotyped a lot myself. I've been playing an Unholy DK since LK came out. Raided (when i was in a guild) the frozen throne as a normal member of the 25 man team and was really well respected. I didn't play in cata but i did do LFR in Panda and was almost always in the top 10 in DPS. I know my spec and I know my class but I still get called a Noob.

They see I'm a DK and a Blood Elf on top of it and I get called a noob or a child or a moron because of the class/spec and race I play. I like blood elf radicals for runic power if i need it and at the time I made my toon I was 23 and i thought blood elf males we're cute (stupid little girl i was lol) I know Frost is the popular spec for a DK but I like being unholy so I ignore what people say...each spec is good in my mind as long as you know how to play it :)

No matter what class you play trolls will insult you, and frankly they're not worth it. I've been playing WoW off and on for over 11 years... its easier to play the game the way YOU want and have fun. Let people think all DK's a noob losers...they don't need to know i have 4 other maxed lvl toons either :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]