DK stereotypes

55 Goblin Death Knight
02/08/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Asageh
I thought you were a Goblin... O_o

So 2012.

I was on Mal'Ganis as an Goblin, then race changed Orc, then went to Kel'Thuzad as a Worgen.

I really don't like worgen at all though, just for racials.
Edited by Jäckßäuer on 2/9/2013 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I played a tank in the 'wrath of the lich king' days. I was up there with gear and so and so.

I guess these stereotypes go back all the way when DK's was introduced. They were OP, they were bad !@# and people were button bashing without knowing the runes. Pretty much everyone wanted to be a DK.

Seems that people can't get that stereotype out of their head.

I get the odd "OMG IT'S A DK TANK, OMG......." When I get that, I leave the instance and they can wait another 10 minutes. For me as a tank, I only wait 1 second to get into an instance :)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Warriors, Priests and Warlocks are the only classes i know without a bad stereotype really.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The stereotype that DKs are all horrible and were chosen only because they are a 'shadow warrior' hero class is still very much alive and well. The only problem is that like most other stereotypes it's false.
Edited by Kleykir on 2/11/2013 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
02/10/2013 03:51 AMPosted by Doomgard
Warriors, Priests and Warlocks are the only classes i know without a bad stereotype really.

I'd say shamans too but no one plays them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/08/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Leafytoastdk
Male Draenei DK that is just abusolutely horrible at the game
I was a male draenei for the longest time and I didn't have any problems. I usually topped the meters and other whatnot.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/08/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Karaahl
Monks don't have a stereotype because they haven't been in the game long

So far I've yet to see a good brewmaster. They all seem too drunk to play and/or figure out their class. I refused to heal a brewmaster in raids.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
02/09/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Ruthlèss
Rogue: Played by a bunch of pricks, take no skill and can only get kills by ganking.

No skill? Try playing one and then repeat that comment.

Mage: Has a three button rotation, dps !@#$%, ignores mechanics no one likes him but he's valuable to the raid so you can't get rid of him.

Lol more than 3 buttons to actually play them well. Watch a stream of a 2200+ mage then repeat that comment.

You're statements are stupid and invalid.

Warrior: ME ANGRY!!! ME SMASH!!!

Only one I agree with.

You know selective quoting is fraught with danger. Let me elaborate with the power of selective quoting:

The original post in question
02/08/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Karaahl
Just to clarify, I do not think these things about these class, I'm just pointing out the prevalent stereotypes.

Your response
02/09/2013 09:19 AMPosted by Ruthlèss
You're statements are stupid and invalid.

My thoughts on the matter
02/08/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Gates
not every dk is an idiot, but every idiot has one
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
owned
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Warrior: ME ANGRY!!! ME SMASH!!!

Yeah, that's what we've been reduced to.

T-t-thanks Ghostcrawler ;_;
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]