HUG or SALUTE "Blues" & "Greens"

(Locked)

20 Blood Elf Rogue
02/08/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Ntaki
I'm "that guy". I love hugs as much as the next person - maybe more, but when you respond to these kind of posts when there is a multi-capped thread pertaining to important in-game matters right next to it without a blue post it's kind of rubbing salt in the wound. I'll go back to my threads of disgruntlement. Continue your fun.

The Sha and Galleon mounts one? Dude, they don't reply to things I'm concerned about either, and the reasons have been speculated on, numerous times. All you can do is accept that they're reading it, but they feel that responding might do more harm than good.
90 Human Rogue
Snowfox...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7810522218?page=1
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7810522637?page=1
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7861806185?page=1
90 Gnome Warrior
02/08/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Ntaki
I'm "that guy". I love hugs as much as the next person - maybe more, but when you respond to these kind of posts when there is a multi-capped thread pertaining to important in-game matters right next to it without a blue post it's kind of rubbing salt in the wound. I'll go back to my threads of disgruntlement. Continue your fun.

02/08/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Snowfox
I do not see such a thread right now.

They're referring to the sha/galleon mount thread to which it has already been responded to with, "We're monitoring the system to ensure it's not broken. Until such a time as we can determine it's either fine or totally broken, we can say no more".

Which is ironic considering that's the one BIG thing they're overlooking.

It's essentially a bunch of immature people screaming and hollering, "I KNOW IT'S BROKEN! GIVE ME MAH MOUNT NAO!!!!" type of deal.
90 Human Rogue

It's essentially a bunch of immature people screaming and hollering, "I KNOW IT'S BROKEN! GIVE ME MAH MOUNT NAO!!!!" type of deal.

At the risk of derailment, this was completely ignorant.

No one wants the mount for free. Not a single person.

All we want is confirmation that the mount was either:

1) Purposely withheld from the loot tables to encourage people to still do Sha/Galleon in 5.2 to help the fresh 90s
2) It was a programming oversight, and they were not properly added to the drop table
3) A bug is preventing the mount from being awarded

As much information as Blizzard keeps tabs on, including drop rates, it is impossible that they do not know that this mount has not dropped a single time. Across the 70+ pages, this sentiment is shared. It is -impossible- that they do not know thing this hasn't dropped. So the threads are angry that this information was withheld.

Imagine if you were doing hundreds of dailies on alts that you don't care about gear on, just for coins to roll on Sha/Galleon. Only to find out 5 months later that the items never existed in the first place.

That's what this is about.
100 Human Paladin
02/08/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Crithto
/hug or to flip a table

Let's call today Inter-Dimensional Friday and everything is physiologically rearranged such that we all Hug a Hug, and...

┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \)

!!

The pug said hug. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Forgive me, I'm a little insane with all this snow heading our way.
90 Gnome Warrior
Imagine if you were doing hundreds of dailies on alts that you don't care about gear on, just for coins to roll on Sha/Galleon. Only to find out 5 months later that the items never existed in the first place.

It's a simple thing called risk v. reward. One way to minimize the risk to reward ratio (and thus protect your investment) it to do research beforehand.

02/08/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Daltin
Only to find out 5 months later that the items never existed in the first place.

You mean, it has such a low, astronomically so, drop rate that no one has gotten it yet. Absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence.
90 Undead Warrior
MVP's are not employees and are doing what they can on their own time to help ease the tension and provide a laugh at times and maybe (just maybe) provide some insight.

They are not applauded near enough and quite honestly I couldn't do it to save my life becaue I take things too personal.

Do some of them go too far sometimes ...maybe...but who cares. They provide an opinion like everyone else who posts here and give a perspective based on their experience. And I am grateful.

We need to be thankful that people care enough to even try considering the angst and vitriolic nature of many of the forum goers. Myself included at times.
90 Gnome Warrior
MVP's are not employees and are doing what they can on their own time to help ease the tension and provide a laugh at times and maybe (just maybe) provide some insight.

They are not applauded near enough and quite honestly I couldn't do it to save my life becaue I take things too personal.

Do some of them go too far sometimes ...maybe...but who cares. They provide an opinion like everyone else who posts here and give a perspective based on their experience. And I am grateful.

We need to be thankful that people care enough to even try considering the angst and vitriolic nature of many of the forum goers. Myself included at times.

Well said.
94 Tauren Shaman

Well said.

I repeat though my opinion that the MVPs are just close friends, family members, extended family of the ppl behind the scenes of Blizz. I will never errr from that opinion and there is nothing wrong with that assumption. Given the evidence I don't see how anyone could think other wise. Even the great and venerable Palehoof I suspected of working for the man. Even with his "vote with your wallet" attitude.
90 Gnome Warrior
02/08/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Oreooze
I repeat though my opinion that the MVPs are just close friends, family members, extended family of the ppl behind the scenes of Blizz.

Rest assured, as one who has both opposed and supported MvPs in various and sundry threads, not all MvPs are 'close friends, family members or extended family' of people who work at Blizz.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Snow is always welcome in any of my threads.

Well thank you :D

02/08/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Oreooze
I repeat though my opinion that the MVPs are just close friends, family members, extended family of the ppl behind the scenes of Blizz. I will never errr from that opinion and there is nothing wrong with that assumption. Given the evidence I don't see how anyone could think other wise. Even the great and venerable Palehoof I suspected of working for the man. Even with his "vote with your wallet" attitude.

Well I can tell you that I'm viciously paranoid about the privacy of my real-life.

To my knowledge I have never met or am related to anyone that is or has worked at Blizzard. You can choose not to believe me, if you wish... however I really am what I appear to be at face value - just another player who posted so much they got greened.
90 Human Rogue
02/08/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Huggywuggles

It's a simple thing called risk v. reward. One way to minimize the risk to reward ratio (and thus protect your investment) it to do research beforehand.

02/08/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Daltin
Only to find out 5 months later that the items never existed in the first place.

You mean, it has such a low, astronomically so, drop rate that no one has gotten it yet. Absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence.

I can't even take you seriously. It's borderline trolling. If in the chance you're being serious throughout your post, it's disgusting ignorance, and I'm politely asking you from refraining from posting.

There is no "research" to do for risk v reward. It was not known this item was unobtainable until this week when a program looked through a LARGE grouping of the entire communities armory.. and turned up 0 of these mounts.

As far as the low drop rate goes: People still play the lottery. People obtain 1%, and even .1% drop rate items on a daily basis. The sheer volume of people makes what has happened (no mounts in 5 months, worldwide) a near statistical improbability. I encourage you to go through the 3 threads and find the math involved.

I believe it was something along the lines of:

You have a better chance of winning the lottery every week for 5 years than the odds of no one world wide having obtained this mount vs. the amount of players/kills an hour x 5 months for this boss.

I'm very much trying to keep my cool here, and you're making this very hard. You're telling me to do research, when you yourself could stand to do some yourself. Again, I encourage you to read through the 75 pages of evidence, as opposed to your opinion.
90 Gnome Death Knight
*Prepares to make a snarky brown-nose comment*

/Sees OP portrait

THE CYBERGNOMES ARE HERE!!!!!

/Runs out of thread

We've always been here :)
90 Gnome Warrior
02/08/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Daltin
You have a better chance of winning the lottery every week for 5 years than the odds of no one world wide having obtained this mount vs. the amount of players/kills an hour x 5 months for this boss.

A chance, however slim, is still a chance.

Again, I repeat, Blizzard has said, "We are monitoring the issue to make sure it's not broken." This is, by default, saying, "it's fine until we determine otherwise.".

Thus the mounts still have a chance to drop regardless of what you or anyone else says to the contrary.
100 Blood Elf Mage
*summons a mage buffet table and corrupted Soulwell, filled with arcane cookies, for the crowd*
Edited by Opheron on 2/8/2013 11:27 AM PST
90 Human Rogue
02/08/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Huggywuggles

A chance, however slim, is still a chance.

Again, I repeat, Blizzard has said, "We are monitoring the issue to make sure it's not broken." This is, by default, saying, "it's fine until we determine otherwise.".

Thus the mounts still have a chance to drop regardless of what you or anyone else says to the contrary.

You probably didn't believe the people that said Feng wasn't dropped some of his loot table, as well.

Not only is there prior precedence in this game for bosses not dropping items on their presented loot table, it's happened in -this- expansion, in the -current- patch.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]