The Argument against Playable...

90 Night Elf Mage
Well gnomes were not suppose to be a playable race at all honestly blizzard was going to say they all died in gnomergan and give the Alliance Goblins.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Gnomes are fine. They just wrote them too similar to Dwarves. Or the other way around. The Dwarves really shouldn't have made any technology beyond the musket. Siege Engines and the like should all be Gnomish.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
02/08/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Gnomes are fine. They just wrote them too similar to Dwarves. Or the other way around. The Dwarves really shouldn't have made any technology beyond the musket. Siege Engines and the like should all be Gnomish.

Yes but it doesn't exclude the fact that Blizzard was going to say they all Died in Gnomergan and give Goblins to the Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
02/08/2013 08:52 PMPosted by Alarielle
Yes but it doesn't exclude the fact that Blizzard was going to say they all Died in Gnomergan and give Goblins to the Alliance.

That doesn't really mean anything though. They should have made the Alliance be the Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Blood Elves with the Night Elves being Horde and the Forsaken being NPCs, but we're playing with the hand we're dealt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
We really just need sub races... Mag'hr, Broken Draenei, Wildhammer/Black Iron dwarves, High elves, High borne, "Other troll models.", Taunka, and so forth would be nice just a better character customization.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Regarding Ogres I think since they've been the target of both factions they'd take a neutral 'merc' stance to start if they are ever playable. I'd prefer them to be Horde-only but Rexxar being the prominant WC3-era name among their kind, and his detest for Horde politics, will make them an independant like the Pandaren. This would place them at least a few expansions off since I doubt they'll make too many races with split loyalties so close to one another.

Their story would require pulling together the Ogre tribes (including those of Ogri'la) and retaking Dire Maul, turning it into a proper Ogre fortress/city for their tribes and the Mok'Nathal. They would probably act like another world faction, but not outright hostile to everyone like the Scourge. They would accept individual adventurers help but forcibly resist any horde/alliance expansion into their domain.

The southern zones of Kalimdor could stand to be heavily re-envisioned/developed. Silithus, Feralas, Tanaris, and Ungoro could receive some new life.

02/08/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Alarielle
We really just need sub races... Mag'hr, Broken Draenei, Wildhammer/Black Iron dwarves, High elves, High borne, "Other troll models.", Taunka, and so forth would be nice just a better character customization.

Agreed, having more depth added to the primary races would be appreciated.
Edited by Opheron on 2/8/2013 10:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Yes and it wouldn't be difficult since most of them are just Reskins excluding the Broken Draenei, but then their should be depth added to them you can't be a Magh'r orc warlock... Like you can't be a Broken Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, typing this out one more time as my last attempt 404ed >:/

Ok. my question is, what is the better alternative?

I myself feel that playable races should receive more involvement and development as opposed to adding new races, especially those who have little or nothing to do with central Azeroth. I would say it should be something already heavily featured in central Azeroth, and something that has been featured in more than one expansion.

I feel that if anything were to be added, subraces are really the only choice at this juncture, as lore would still be going where it always has.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Nagas and Vrykul.

Horde needs a better naval force, and Vrykul would add a "Lok'tar" attitude to the alliance and giving them some bulk on their front lines.

don't ask about Naga lore , I mean Blizzard made Worgen playable... do you remember Worgen pre Cata? It is blizzard lore they can make it work.

As for class. With hunters now only ones using ranged weapons and the class ratio is 3.2.3.3 We need another Mail user.

This mail user should be able to use a ranged weapon, and also be able to heal in another spec to fight caster shamans for their now "Secluded" gear.
Edited by Alarielle on 2/8/2013 11:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Horde needs a better naval force

Where are you getting this from? Between the blood elves, the Forsaken and the orcs and goblins the Horde practically has three navies. In Cataclysm and Tides of War they could fart out entire fleets at a whim to serve the plot so they could attack Vashj'ir, Twilight Highlands and blockade Kalimdor. In MoP they fight toe-to-toe with the Alliance navy and there's no sign of a disparity at all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
02/08/2013 11:41 PMPosted by Kurze
Horde needs a better naval force

Where are you getting this from? Between the blood elves, the Forsaken and the orcs and goblins the Horde practically has three navies. In Cataclysm and Tides of War they could fart out entire fleets at a whim to serve the plot so they could attack Vashj'ir, Twilight Highlands and blockade Kalimdor. In MoP they fight toe-to-toe with the Alliance navy and there's no sign of a disparity at all.

I'm still not sure how they managed to blockade Kalimdor, but somehow they did it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/08/2013 11:44 PMPosted by Lena

I'm still not sure how they managed to blockade Kalimdor, but somehow they did it.

I just went with it. Unfortunately the imagery was just a bunch of giant black ships with spikes everywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

I just went with it. Unfortunately the imagery was just a bunch of giant black ships with spikes everywhere.

I guess. Apparently the humans have 200 ships even after the kraken debacle. Night elves have lots of ships. And I guess draenei have built ships even though they use night elf ships in game.

Horde navy must be huge if they could blockade all of Kalimdor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I guess. Apparently the humans have 200 ships even after the kraken debacle. Night elves have lots of ships. And I guess draenei have built ships even though they use night elf ships in game.

Horde navy must be huge if they could blockade all of Kalimdor.

Yeah. I mean I can vizualize these on Azeroth(ingame) but without some kind of idea it was hard to imagine. But I digress.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
The humans didn't even have 200 ships prior to the lolkrakens in ToW. Stormwind's ships, along with those from the other nations, numbered a few dozen.

200 is a much more believable number. Kind of. If you forget the 50k Alliance deaths in Northrend.
Edited by Gandred on 2/8/2013 11:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
The humans didn't even have 200 ships prior to the lolkrakens in ToW. Stormwind's ships, along with those from the other nations, numbered a few dozen.

200 is a much more believable number. Kind of. If you forget the 50k Alliance deaths in Northrend.

Well, in the Pandaria intro quest Varian claims to have 200 ships. Not sure where he pulled them out of.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I just played through Halls of Lightning and at one point Brann says "I'm going to use these machines to create a bunch of Earthen so we can go attack this other area".

So apparently, the Alliance can just print more dudes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/09/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Threeslotbag

Nothing in his quote implies they are meant for helping the Alliance...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Nothing in his quote implies they are meant for helping the Alliance...

And it was forgotten immediately anyway. It's not like you see Earthen helping Brann anywhere afterwards.
Edited by Kurze on 2/9/2013 12:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Blockade didn't work that great if people still got to Theramore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]