Outlands...Forgotten?

98 Troll Shaman
With all the revamps and updates to the worlds of the game...I have been feeling that Outlands has been forgotten and is unloved. The war with the demons still rages on there to no avail. I for one would love to see what happens next in the world of Drainis and Orcs.

Blizzard Do you think you will ever address an over haul to Outlands like what you did for Cata?

Players: Do you want to see the Orcs get their homes back? Allis: What ever happened to the Son of Lothomar? Or can their world be saved?

These are all questions that i have wanted answers for at least 2expansions. I miss my out lands, but I dont like the lack of a challenge that it is now.

Discuss.

{Also if you like this topic please request a sticky so it doesnt get lost in the masses of general forums...Thanks! Prim....(edit 2/9/13)}
Edited by Primdonm on 2/9/2013 2:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
31 Worgen Warlock
I believe the new warlock quest takes place in outland.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
(frowns at pet hate)

Outland is singular.
There is only one.

It's out of my system now, carry on. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
With all the revamps and updates to the worlds of the game...I have been feeling that Outlands has been forgotten and is unloved. The war with the demons still rages on there to no avail. I for one would love to see what happens next in the world of Drainis and Orcs.

Blizzard Do you think you will ever address an over haul to Outlands like what you did for Cata?

Players: Do you want to see the Orcs get their homes back? Allis: What ever happened to the Son of Lothomar? Or can their world be saved?

These are all questions that i have wanted answers for at least 2expansions. I miss my out lands, but I dont like the lack of a challenge that it is now.

Discuss.

Draenei....
sorry... had to be done...
Reply Quote
98 Troll Shaman
While I absolutely loathe questing through BC I definitely would like to see a continuation of many plot points as the OP mentioned.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Northrend ain't exactly getting any make overs either. Everyone blasts through them both now to get to the newer stuff, so any changes would be largely unnoticed.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
Outland still gets love from me <3
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
No, I hope they never revamp Outlands or Northrend, because when they do, they ERASE old content which is unforgiveable in my opinion.
Reply Quote
94 Undead Warlock
I'd be very happy if it gets obliterated someday. After so many trips through, leveling through is like eating broken glass dipped in rancid mayo.
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Priest
02/08/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Bronnfire
No, I hope they never revamp Outlands or Northrend, because when they do, they ERASE old content which is unforgiveable in my opinion.

This. So much this.

When they revamped the old world, they changed the levels of a lot of mobs. For example, the rare that drops Chan's Imperial Robes had its level dropped to 33. The robes are still level 47, so they cannot drop from this rare anymore. And they only dropped from this rare.

A lot of old world recipes are gone, such as the Enchanted Thorium set.

Epic questlines, such as for the upgraded dungeon sets are gone. Granted, you can still get the gear, but it's definitely less fun.
Edited by Sunrunner on 2/8/2013 5:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
It's impossible to forget that which doesn't exist.

It's Outland. Singular. Call it Draenor or Orc Land Fun Land if you have to, just stop calling it "Outlands."
Reply Quote
30 Undead Rogue

And bring back Shat. <3 Shat. <3 Shat so, so much.

Clang, clang, clang (laughter)
Edited by Rothold on 2/8/2013 5:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
il

Silly Dwarf, you always clean up poop and throw away trash after you're done pooping or...trashing?
Edited by Cleave on 2/8/2013 5:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/08/2013 04:55 AMPosted by Regu
Northrend ain't exactly getting any make overs either. Everyone blasts through them both now to get to the newer stuff, so any changes would be largely unnoticed.

Everyone blasts through the new stuff too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
maybe they should at least update the respawn rate on mobs in Outland. Gava'xi still has a 5 minute respawn time and the other night i waited behind 3 others just to slay him to finish up my questing in Nagrand
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
GG
wonder how many times i died to the elevator there
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin

I see your concern. Still, I think it's sadder that the content is there and isn't enjoyed, for the most part, any more.
Reply Quote
94 Orc Shaman
02/08/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Erras
What I am hoping for with all of my being is that the next expansion is a return to Outland. Wipe it completely (scale Northrend to go from 60-80 very quickly to cover the old Outland gap) and let's go to war with the legion all over again.

I would support this. Outland questing is currently the most dated questing in the game, it's awful. Just erase it and redo it to current standards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]