How to fix the leetists

100 Dwarf Death Knight
I have a simple suggestion that would possibly end all this talk of, "Casuals Ruin the Game" And it has been dumbed down so much a 2nd grader could do it.

Create several new servers. These servers would be labeled "Hard Mode" Pve or Pvp.

Offer free transfers to this server for a limited time.

Increase every encounter difficulty by 50%. or scaled to what ever blizzard would find to be a hard challenge.

The players who cry about the game being to easy, could simply go to that server and play. Questing would be harder, Bosses would be extremely harder and so forth. Even gold would be harder to obtain.

They want a difficult game, why not give it to them.
Reply Quote
because they are a vocal minority and blizzard would rather spend its money pleasing the larger population than a small fraction.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
02/08/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Aladster
because they are a vocal minority and blizzard would rather spend its money pleasing the larger population than a small fraction.

Pretty much. It would also not be cost effective for the same reason. See posts concerning Vanilla-only servers.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
What happens when they get into my cross realm LFG, LFR or PvP?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
02/08/2013 09:44 AMPosted by Wárlòrd

The people complaining about the game becoming too easy are usually referring to nerfs. In a lot of cases they'll be working on heroic modes and a nerf will come and they'll be upset that the game got easier when it was at a difficulty they felt was appropriate before.

They don't generally come asking for harder content, they just don't want the hard content they're doing to become easy content.

Blizzard already has to balance 5 different raid difficulties, I think asking to double that would be a bit intense.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Bubblykiss

ideailly, they woulden't have any of those features, as they miss the old way right?

that means queue with server only for battlegrounds

that means no pve queues whatsoever.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
There is no hard mode PVP, no need for it. They complain on the PVE end. and hard mode players wouldn't be in you're LFR much. hence they wanted to go to hard mode.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a simple suggestion that would possibly end all this talk of, "Casuals Ruin the Game" And it has been dumbed down so much a 2nd grader could do it.

Create several new servers. These servers would be labeled "Hard Mode" Pve or Pvp.

Increase every encounter difficulty by 50%. or scaled to what ever blizzard would find to be a hard challenge.

The players who cry about the game being to easy, could simply go to that server and play. Questing would be harder, Bosses would be extremely harder and so forth. Even gold would be harder to obtain.

They already have normal raids, heroic raids and challenge modes. Complainers will always keep complaining about "those filthy casuals" if they feel that their special snowflake bragging rights might be compromised. Heaven forbid more players have access to and get to enjoy more aspects of the game than being confined to levelling and questing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/08/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Bubblykiss

Same thing as now they carry you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/08/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Saskea
Heaven forbid more players have access to and get to enjoy more aspects of the game than being confined to levelling and questing.

Not once have I seen anyone say that. In fact I haven't seen one person cry about the 10% nerf to current raids when 5.2 is released. What I do see is whiny little brats saying "I'll hold my breath" until I get what they have.

if they feel that their special snowflake bragging rights might be compromised.

If being a special snowflake is so bad why do you want to be just like them?
Reply Quote

Because people have a big mouth to make them selves feel important but when it comes down to it your idea would fail because no one would actually go to this realms, same reason people don't do or farm challange mode...because in the end the rewards is the same. They can talk a big game but humans are lazy they will go the easy route all the time.
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Blackgoddess
If being a special snowflake is so bad why do you want to be just like them?

I don't. I like enjoying more aspects of the game and am thankful for things like LFD and LFR. I can enjoy raiding and doing dungeons without boasting and bragging about how awesome a raider I am, then turning around and complaining about how easy LFR is when I haven't even attempted normals / heroics.

In other words, just because I would like to raid at my own pace and schedule or because I prefer dungeons over daillies and wish to have decent rewards from said dungeons and raids doesn't instantly make me want to be like a special snowflake. Special snowflakes like to boast and brag about what they have but complain when others have what have.
Edited by Saskea on 2/8/2013 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/08/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Saskea
Special snowflakes like to boast and brag about what they have but complain when others have what have.

And crying because someone has something you don't is fine?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
They already have normal raids, heroic raids and challenge modes. Complainers will always keep complaining about "those filthy casuals" if they feel that their special snowflake bragging rights might be compromised. Heaven forbid more players have access to and get to enjoy more aspects of the game than being confined to levelling and questing.

Hey, here's a random thought right out of left field....

What if, instead of making the game easysauce for the Casual crowd.. the Casual crowd actually practiced and got better?

Genius....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/08/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Phoenix
because they spend more time with their life in the outside world then playing the game,

Nice try at an excuse.

Could it be that they actually try rather then cry even though they spend as much time doing real life stuff as you do?
Edited by Blackgoddess on 2/8/2013 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/08/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Graybow
What if, instead of making the game easysauce for the Casual crowd.. the Casual crowd actually practiced and got better?

It's easier to cry then try.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
The 'leetists' as you put it can easily have a harder game.

Run through the content without gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]