How to fix the leetists

100 Undead Mage

I agree with your sentiment, but doesn't =/= usually mean 'does not equal'?

In slang it means "slit wrists".

... Lovely.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Ever notice it's the people who haven't completed normal mode raids complaining about casuals.

The hardcore players don't notice or care about casuals...in fact they like them.

They farm materials.

The most complains are not directed about raiding. Normal and Heroics modes are fine. People complain about the questing and heroic dungeon experiences.

It's like play the whole game on Very Easy then you get Raids that are at Normal and Hard.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Ever notice it's the people who haven't completed normal mode raids complaining about casuals.

The hardcore players don't notice or care about casuals...in fact they like them.

They farm materials.

The most complains are not directed about raiding. Normal and Heroics modes are fine. People complain about the questing and heroic dungeon experiences.

It's like play the whole game on Very Easy then you get Raids that are at Normal and Hard.

Questing works basically the same since I started playing. More group quests would be nice, however.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/08/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Phoenix
1337 hating on casuals.

But it's fine for "casuals" to hate 1337?
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
If the non-raid experience is "too easy", making later introduction to raiding "too hard" who's to blame?

Blizz caters to the largest number of players. So it must be the players that are "demanding" the changes that make one too easy and/or the other too hard.

The players then have the responsibility to "fix" it...Get a grip, take newer people under your wing, have some empathy and understanding and mentor the snot out of them until they either drop out because they don't like it/can't hack it... or they get up to speed and can handle themselves propertly.

Everything else is just junk.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
02/08/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Blackgoddess
1337 hating on casuals.

No it isn't.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
People complain about the questing, LFR, and heroic dungeon experiences.

Fixed.

I hate the casuals who come into LFR not knowing a damn thing including how to play thier class. =/ Seriously, how do you not look up a 5-10 minute video on how to do a boss fight or play your spec? I got the best tips I know on how to play my pally from a youtube video and since then, it has easily been my favorite toon because it is the most fun to play. (The low dps I used to pull depressed me)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
And just how many guilds have downed all the raids in 5.1 on heroic mode, and got gold for EVERY challenge mode dungeon..hm?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Questing works basically the same since I started playing. More group quests would be nice, however.

For myself, I would like to have zones to level up that are designed to be played as a group, with the average difficulty as a heroic dungeon (easy, but not moron). CRZ could even help to do that possible (a lot of players on your zone to group). And a regular zone, to solo quest (just the way it is).

I would love to queue for heroic dungeons that are harder than the current ones. They don't have to drop better gear. They could drop more gear, so you have to grind less to gear up, but it could take more time to do each instance.

We should have a option to get rep outside dailies (challenge modes, maybe?). It could give a lot of rep, since they are hard to finish.

I do not blame casuals for nothing, and I did not think they ruin anything. But the game should have some options for people who are looking for a challenge (outside raids).

LFR is a great improvement for the game, it allow a lot of people to see the raid content.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight

No it isn't.

I prefer respecting other players, irregardless if they are "elite" or "casual". They're still people and deserve respect unless proven otherwise.
Edited by Xerun on 2/8/2013 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
02/08/2013 10:56 AMPosted by Médic
For myself, I would like to have zones to level up that are designed to be played as a group, with the average difficulty as a heroic dungeon (easy, but not moron). CRZ could even help to do that possible (a lot of players on your zone to group). And a regular zone, to solo quest (just the way it is).

I'd be perfectly fine with that. Sounds like a great system if they had the time and resources to develop multiple zones for the same level. Might be a good idea to maybe split a zone in half, and when you get to the fork, you get 2 quests: the easy road and the hard road. Pick which one you wanna go along.

I would love to queue for heroic dungeons that are harder than the current ones. They don't have to drop better gear. They could drop more gear, so you have to grind less to gear up, but it could take more time to do each instance.

I'd happily agree with this too. I was acutally confused with their decision to make Heroics essentially lvl 90 normals. I cant do challenge modes either, as I really only have one friend who tanks and his sub ran out about three months ago ><.

We should have a option to get rep outside dailies (challenge modes, maybe?). It could give a lot of rep, since they are hard to finish.

This as well. At the least, I hope they dont force us to do one specific repuation faction to unlock the others. I cant stand Golden Lotus, so I cant bring myself to get rep for basically any faction other than Dominance Offensive and the Klaxxi.

No it isn't.

I prefer respecting other players, irregardless if they are "elite" or "casual". They're still people and deserve respect unless proven otherwise.

That's my sentiment as well.
Edited by Cártian on 2/8/2013 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am an elitist because I believe if I can do it, you can do it too, the same way I did it.

I am an elitist because I believe that if you can't get bis heroic gear, oh well, be happy with your progression and proud of your accomplishments with your team, not necessarily something wrong with the game.

I am an elitist because because people crying about the game being "work" to me means "I don't want to play the game I pay for, i just want the rewards."

I am an elitist because I think that if the casuals like some in this thread are busy with their awesome mature lives, girlfriends and kids they would be mature enough to understand their 15 a month pays only for them to have access to the game, and what they get is what they earn. Nothing more nothing less.

I am an elitist because I think that handing out loot damages the integrity of the game, and that is more important than the lazy player who doesn't want to earn anything.

If those things make me an elitist, so be it.

*PS: I also find it hilarious people complain about the daily grind but they really really really want to grind heroics.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
*PS: I also find it hilarious people complain about the daily grind but they really really really want to grind heroics.

I found pre dungeons 4.3 fun and hard (for a newb healer, as I was). So, yes, grind heroics were fun to me, because I was not sure that a group could finish the instance.

"Can we do it?" was a frequently question in my mind.

For a lot of times, the whole group dropped ZA/ZG because they could not do it. When the sucess rate is 100%, the challenge is dead.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
02/08/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Dreagan
I am an elitist because I believe if I can do it, you can do it too, the same way I did it.

Unless they're acutally unable to do it in some way, like, say time constraints, possibly inability to comprehend things, etc.

Not everyone has the same skills. In Halo, I can get long distance headshots with the battle rifle without zooming, just by reflex. I always have been. Can you do that?

I am an elitist because I believe that if you can't get bis heroic gear, oh well, be happy with your progression and proud of your accomplishments with your team, not necessarily something wrong with the game.

Thats acutally a fine statement in my opinion.

I am an elitist because because people crying about the game being "work" to me means "I don't want to play the game I pay for, i just want the rewards."

Or, it is genuinely too challenging for the upset player. I realize this is not the case every time, but its a plausible scenario.

I am an elitist because I think that if the casuals like some in this thread are busy with their awesome mature lives, girlfriends and kids they would be mature enough to understand their 15 a month pays only for them to have access to the game, and what they get is what they earn. Nothing more nothing less.

Can you blame people for wanting to play the content they paid for? The sub fee is the cost of accessing the server, yes. I also paid 40-60 dollars five times now for the content on said servers.

I am an elitist because I think that handing out loot damages the integrity of the game, and that is more important than the lazy player who doesn't want to earn anything.
Handing out loot: bad.
Players going in, downing a boss with acutal effort to obtain inferior gear to more difficult modes: good.

That always confused the hell out of me too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Silly OP. Just nerf every boss to only have 1 health. That'll make them happy.
Reply Quote
35 Night Elf Druid
02/08/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Phoenix
Explain that to me?

Video games (and WoW) are a hobby. If you don't have time to spend playing a video game, then don't play. Find a new hobby.

The problem is that people who have more extensive real-life commitments (read:casuals) expect the world to adapt to them, rather than them to the world. Try telling the local sports team you're trying out for, or your boss, that you can't commit the hours to "get good". See where that gets you.
Reply Quote
35 Night Elf Druid
02/08/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Saskea
When only a small fraction of players get to see content, then something is wrong with that business model.

Right. And to back this theory up, we've seen an ever increasing number of subscriptions as Blizzard has moved the game from more hardcore to more casual, right?

No. The reality is they're bleeding subs. So much for the business model.
Reply Quote
35 Night Elf Druid
02/08/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Cártian
Not everyone has the same skills. In Halo, I can get long distance headshots with the battle rifle without zooming, just by reflex. I always have been. Can you do that?

Nope. Maybe they should change Halo so I don't even have to aim, I can just press the button and headshot someone from across the map, just like you. It's not fair.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]