5.2: The Helm of Eternal Winter

First a Sun Crown, and now a Helm of Winter. They are most likely not related to the Legendary chain at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UItQ-p8ErBY&feature=player_embedded

Additions to the Midsummer Festival, perhaps?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
02/08/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Finaj
Helm of Winter.

The White Walkers come...
Reply Quote
I would just like to point out that the Helm's animation is amazing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Oh god, please be transmogable. ;~;
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Part of me hopes it's just the crown. Pretty.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I would use that helm with my Relentless Gladiator set.

All my yes.
Reply Quote
40 Human Warlock
Swaggie
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
All of my want.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
This is me howling with joy.
Reply Quote
It actually reminds me of the Skeleton King from Diablo 3.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/08/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Skullcrusha
All of my want.

You be quiet, death knight. Go home, or back to Acherus at least.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Death Knight
I think HMP just got a rival.
Reply Quote
You see this is sexy! New animated crowns?! If only I could see a reason for Alfred to use it, but alas...I think it would look ridiculous on him. Maybe my Draenei Death Knight...Then again...He's a refrigerator with skulls on it. OH well! Looks sexy enough to get!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I hope there's a version of that in cloth because I would go frost mage for this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Why does that model look familiar...
Edited by Vhelrillon on 2/9/2013 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I have to say; I really hope that bad boy is Death Knight-only!

Or rather, I hope each Class gets its own unique helmet-type! Perhaps these two new helmets (and others) might be rewards from future Challenge Modes, assuming they add anymore 5mans in MoP? It would be great to see each Class get a similarly visual-intensive helmet.

Plus, it'd be a nice way to make up for DK's having a relatively forgettable Challenge Mode set :P
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Death Knight

Or rather, I hope each Class gets its own unique helmet-type! Perhaps these two new helmets (and others) might be rewards from future Challenge Modes, assuming they add anymore 5mans in MoP? It would be great to see each Class get a similarly visual-intensive helmet.

Plus, it'd be a nice way to make up for DK's having a relatively forgettable Challenge Mode set :P
I think DKs got the better of the deal when it comes to challenge mode sets...

Poor rogues and Shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/08/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Skullcrusha
All of my want.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

I think DKs got the better of the deal when it comes to challenge mode sets...

Poor rogues and Shaman.

You're kidding, right? I actually thought Rogues came out decently, and I *LOVE* the Shaman set! Meanwhile, the Death Knight set just seems kind of... random. I mean, Yak-horns? I actually thought the Helm had an okay design, but because the "eyes" are so spread apart, it gives it kind of a strange look. It's not a bad set by any means, and I like that it had a lighter color-scheme, but it just wasn't the "Be All, End All" set that I think certain other Classes got (namely Warlock, Paladin, and Priest).

In any case, the Helm of Eternal Winter definitely looks very Death Knight-ish. That's not to say it "needs" to be exclusive or anything like that, it's just the vibe I got. Personally, I would be *SUPER* excited if this was part of a series of other Class-based helms. Minimalist designs, with huge emphasis on particle-effects -- it's definitely something I could get behind!
Reply Quote
40 Human Warlock
I guess I'm in a minority then. I absolutely loathe the design of the death knight challenge sets.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]