Who really killed Arthas, lore wise?

90 Orc Warlock
02/08/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Omansi
According to lore, Tirion Fordring and a bunch of unnamed heros.

wrong
tirion fordring, orkus, and a bunch of unnamed heroes

Orkus admitted he wasn't there.

Kingslayer Orkus says: <name>, just between you and me, I never saw the fall of the Lich King. And... well... I've never been to Ulduar. I... well... I am a dungeon explorer. Yes. I prefer exploring dungeons with allies. The pay is excellent and the risk is low.

His title and gear were welfares.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Lòthar
It was the Alliance.

This.

The greatest heroes of the Alliance, led by King Varian Wrynn, marched upon the Frozen Throne, and drove a flag pole with the Blue and Gold colours of Stormwind through the traitor, Arthas.

His helm fallen, the powers of the Lich King and the Scourge were then taken upon by Highlord Bolvar, and thus, the Alliance.

It was then that Sylvanas Windrunner, humbled by the bravery of the Alliance heroes, returned ownership of Lordaeron forever and always to the Alliance, before being executed for her crimes.

Go away, we don't need your Sylvanas or Lordaeron threads here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
There have been a couple of hints to say which faction was present for the death of the Lich King, as well as a proof.

Varian's interaction with Saurfang is lorewise more important than Saurfang's words after Deathbringer Saurfang's death on top of the citadel. Furthermore, a short story reveals that both Jaina and Varian are aware of Bolvar's status as the jailor of the Damned, despite Bolvar having requested that none should be made aware of his existence. Finally, Sylvanas' ignorance of there being a new jailor of the Damned proves that her version of the Halls of Reflection is not canon.

If that's not enough, the warlock quests reveal many canon kills of bosses throughout Warcraft history. ICC is refered to as an Alliance victory.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It was Tirion Fordring.

Fixed

The Alliance may have been there, but Tirion's blow was the only one that really mattered.
Edited by Lochnar on 2/10/2013 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
In the true, heroic fashion of a paladin, Tirion Fordring struck Arthas while his back was turned to disarm him, then encouraged a group of armored thugs to beat him to death
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
They need a Warcraft IV where it canonizes a lot of the past events and creates new stories. Then they can make WoW II.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Now the true question is when Tirion entered Icecrown Citadel and Arthas noticed who was there who was there to accompany him? The Alliance or the Horde? Or perhaps both?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Tirion Fordring and his selected champions from the Argent Tournament killed Arthas.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/10/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Now the true question is when Tirion entered Icecrown Citadel and Arthas noticed who was there who was there to accompany him? The Alliance or the Horde? Or perhaps both?

I'd say both and neither. The Alliance and Horde were busy in a pissing match all over Icecrown, so whoever was there was a semi-neutral "hero".

Although if I had to guess a faction, I'd say Alliance because they are the only ones who ever kill anything in cannon.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Elrith
The Argent Tournament was open to both Horde and Alliance, so lore wise it would only make sense that it was both Horde and Alliance at Tirion's side in the attack, with different battles playing out up and down the spire with the gunships and the Ebonblade assisting.

No, it wouldn't make sense because the whole point of the tournament was to have the sides compete with each other and the conclusion one way or the other was one of the factions losing.

We see this in ICC itself where the Alliance and Horde come to BLOWS. This "joint-faction effort" bollocks needs to stop because there's zero evidence in its favor and a mountain of evidence against it.

02/08/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Resileaf
If that's not enough, the warlock quests reveal many canon kills of bosses throughout Warcraft history. ICC is refered to as an Alliance victory.

Really? This is new info for me. Can I see the quest?
Edited by Vyrin on 2/11/2013 4:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I did. I popped shadow dance, spammed ambush and stole the kill.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
02/11/2013 04:22 AMPosted by Vyrin
The Argent Tournament was open to both Horde and Alliance, so lore wise it would only make sense that it was both Horde and Alliance at Tirion's side in the attack, with different battles playing out up and down the spire with the gunships and the Ebonblade assisting.

No, it wouldn't make sense because the whole point of the tournament was to have the sides compete with each other and the conclusion one way or the other was one of the factions losing.

We see this in ICC itself where the Alliance and Horde come to BLOWS. This "joint-faction effort" bollocks needs to stop because there's zero evidence in its favor and a mountain of evidence against it.

Really? This is new info for me. Can I see the quest?

I've not done them personally, but I've seen them refered to on these forums. Apparently, its written in a book.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
02/11/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Resileaf
I've not done them personally, but I've seen them refered to on these forums. Apparently, its written in a book.

The only book I've seen confirms BoT and Firelands for the Horde and Dragon Soul/Black Temple for Alliance.

If there's another one that says that the Alliance got ICC I can add it to the already mountainous pile of evidence that it was the Alliance.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
I thought it was pretty obvious that it was Alliance. It's all Alliance lore. Arthas was an Alliance prince. Sylvanas was the ONLY link the Horde had to Arthas, and she mentions she never got to play a role at all. If I had to guess, Alliance and Horde, not working together, probably took turns beating bosses (or in lore, powerful Scourge soldiers) with some Alliance and some Horde taking on the Lich King. It's probably an Alliance kill though. Remember the blood elves and undead have more of a claim to getting even w/ Arthas than any other race does.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Officially all I found was this:

Who: Tirion Fordring and his Champions

How: Look it up on Youtube. The battle is there.

I think it leans to an Alliance kill as no one in the Horde actually knows that Bolvar is the new Lich King. Or it could be that the Horde member that did participate ACTUALLY honored Bolvar's request to tell no one and say only that the Lich King is dead.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Lorewise, I think that it isn't a far fetched idea that Tirion had both Alliance and Horde heroes with him, under the banner of the Argent Crusade.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]