Fix Heroic Leap Pathing

90 Worgen Warrior
It may just be placebo, but on the PTR heroic leap seems to work a lot more often in places where it used to not. I was killing trash in the new LFR and was able to heroic leap on some of the (fairly steep) staircases.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Heroic Leap seems to work almost all the time now for me. Even if its up stairs and steep inclines and even if the targeting circle is red, it still seems to work the majority of the time. It still cant hop over pathing issues, but it seems to work better than it ever has before.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Get rid of heroic leap.
Get rid of charge.

Just give warriors 300% movement speed and 400% jump height already.

Geez.

I love it
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
i was about to make heroic leap fail montage but my fraps drive is not connected atm

(jumping to flat surface and fail, jumping to really high and it works etc...)

btw same thing seems to plague banners and druid mushrooms
Edited by Panzergnome on 2/9/2013 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Speaking of which, anybody having issues with Safeguard recently (especially in the warsong gulch tunnels)? It'll say my target is out of line of sight when they are clearly right ahead of me in the tunnel and I am unable to safeguard to them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
it'd be nice to be able to heroic leap on top of dalaran sewers again since everyone gets a knockoff
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
No it isn't. It works most of the time.

You should have seen it when it first showed up on the live servers. A slight slope or bump in the terrain and there was "no path available". You don't know how good you have it now.

LOL, maybe you should have played when it came out.

I've played since the initial WoW beta, my friend. It's funny that you quote me, yet clearly didn't even read what you quoted.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
A good warrior knows and understands the terrain around them.

They also adapt, if heroic warrior cannon says no path.

Make a path.

Of entrails.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
100% with the op, I find it really hard that this is bugged this bad. Not only that, but making it a main part of our rotation (Intended or not) While its this bugged and not removing the minimum jump distance..

Kind of upset me..

How to fix some of it, remove the minimum distance, it doesn't make sense we can jump far away but not up close. >.<

I remember a time in bgs when I could jump up walls and be like surprise you can run away with the flag that easy.. or you can't snipe me range from up there....which surprisingly isn't allowed for us but, teleports, Alter time, and Shadow step is. >.> when i slowed him, and got him in melee. Think about it blizzard.. its not like we get a damage buff, or get all of our health back, or the ability to do it around corners and through walls. It's giving us the mobility to jump up a hill after the flag running in to there base.
Edited by Lexer on 2/12/2013 12:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The issue must be with you since 99.99% of the time when I use H leap I make it to my destination without issue.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
If you are an alliance fc warrior on twin peaks, you're going to have a bad time.

Literally 90% of the alliance side of the map has patting issues. The example screenshot is just the biggest offender.

Something related..
I was leveling my lock this days.
I'm so jealous. Demo leap goes over rocks, boxes, jumps to higher objects... You can even jump side to side of a huge pit, something that HL will just give you "no path available".

I know they're not the same spell, but the justification of why HL works that way was "to avoid players exploiting and going places they're not meant to". So why are other "leap spells" allowing that kind of thing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The thing I don't care for with Heroic Leap is when I get knocked off of the middle of eots, or ab lumber mill, I can't use HL to jump back into the fray. Honestly, it takes some (read some, not godlike, but it DOES take some...) skill to be quick enough to do this, and now I can't and have to watch helplessly as I get shot off the edge. At least allow us to counter this like days of old Blizzard!

Arës
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Warlock
be glad they did put HL more forgiving than what it was when it was introduced

u can actually go up-slope (not steep ones) before it was impossible, not even on relatively flat terrain

you can leap over ring , before u still get frozen after u jump

you can leap over minor z axis obstacle , before it is not possible

not to mention one of the best move to avoid fall damage
Edited by Santee on 2/12/2013 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The thing I don't care for with Heroic Leap is when I get knocked off of the middle of eots, or ab lumber mill, I can't use HL to jump back into the fray. Honestly, it takes some (read some, not godlike, but it DOES take some...) skill to be quick enough to do this, and now I can't and have to watch helplessly as I get shot off the edge. At least allow us to counter this like days of old Blizzard!

Arës

Charge usually works quite well for those occasions. Nothing as fun as getting shot off something by a druid only to charge mid-air back to them. Pretty sure intervene will do it also if you're quick.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Charge does work quite nice for this. I'm not pvp king but I've jumped off the cliffs many times and heroic leaped to the ground just to skip riding around the mountains, lol If blick, ice block, slow fall, levitate, and other nice tools can do it...so can we.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]