got benched....

90 Pandaren Monk
well it happened got benched couldnt compete with are priest so the raid leader and gm benched me. i dont understand why i thought i was doing a good job. maybe someone can look at wol and tell me what im doing wrong. if im not doing anything wrong maybe you can help prove to the raid leader that i was doing my job right. but if u do this maybe you should help prove your point with links to other wol and other sites you got your info form, because well i tried to argue several points as to why i shouldnt have been benched. ty for your time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Link to your logs by any chance?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0jxo3hblrsiwmo3x/

im not familiar with wol so i hope this helps.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Taking a quick look at your logs I didn't see anything standing out to me. Could it be you guild is trying to move to two healing? Comparing any healer to a disc priest at the moment is a exercise in futility. Currently their absorbs are making many healers seem weaker then they are. Good Luck
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Without the raid leader's reasoning behind benching you, and without the context to go with those logs, it's hard to really say much. Like, for example, if you have any special assignments on a fight, I can't really tell from a log if you are doing them or not. You could also be cherry picking this particular log.

It's also entirely possible that your raid leader puts too much stock in overall healing and doesn't realize how strong discipline priests are right now, especially on those particular fights, and especially on normal modes. It's normal for healing meters to look significantly more lopsided than damage meters.
Edited by Maladii on 2/8/2013 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
You're not using uplift at all... which is why your healing is pretty absymal. Uplift is amazing and is the main reason why Renewing Mists should be cast on cooldown, so Uplift can hit the most targets at any one time.

You also need to reforge for the 3145 haste cap as well, being that close to the breakpoint is actually detrimental to Renewing Mists due to it lasting shorter, making it harder to spread.
Edited by Kungfuwaifu on 2/8/2013 9:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/08/2013 09:02 PMPosted by Kungfuwaifu
You're not using uplift at all... which is why your healing is pretty absymal. Uplift is amazing and is the main reason why Renewing Mists should be cast on cooldown, so Uplift can hit the most targets at any one time.

I think what you mean to say is:

Bro, do you even... uplift?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Frankly dear, I think it's a waste of your time to "prove" anything. You know why? You shouldn't have to. You pay to play this game for your own enjoyment, and you have performed your role in the raid groups before. Clearly your guild / GM has quite the elitest outlook, and treats their "guildmates" with such little respect... I'm sorry they have benched you, merely because they are lazy in seeking the easiest way through things, or in a more direct way of putting it - following the hype that Discipline Priests are OP right now, and therefore, want to progress as much as possible before the nerf "ruins" their spec.

I've been personally told that Holy Paladins are weak and I shouldn't play one, to re-roll a Disc Priest... What they don't know, is that I happily heal using my Holy Priest. I'm sorry, I don't listen to hype, gossip, trolling, or ignorance. You should do the same.

You should find a guild that will treat you kindly, and allow you to enjoy the raiding experience you're already paying for. Don't let people tell you that one class is better than the other, or that your class is crap, we want this one - etcetera. Play what you love and enjoy, and play it for you. I really do hope you seek a new guild, because being treated like that is ridiculous, my friend.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/08/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Amabella

I think what you mean to say is:

Bro, do you even... uplift?

10/10

Way to go!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
tlc
You don't uplift and your guild seems to three heal fights you can two heal. Your enhancement shaman drops a whole lot of extra healing for some reason and having a prot pally will further suppress your overall healing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/08/2013 08:57 PMPosted by Dwiae
Comparing any healer to a disc priest at the moment is a exercise in futility. Currently their absorbs are making many healers seem weaker then they are.

Long-time co-healer in my guild has always been a Holy Priest. Last week he got talked into trying Disc. For the past four months of t14, the two of us were mostly even. Sometimes I'd outheal him, sometimes he'd outheal me. Going Discipline really changed that on some of the fights!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Is he benching you to replace you with another disc priest? I don't know how effective two disc priest in a 10 are going to be TBH. I'd be interested to see some logs of that if anyone have some handy
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/12/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Meit
Is he benching you to replace you with another disc priest? I don't know how effective two disc priest in a 10 are going to be TBH. I'd be interested to see some logs of that if anyone have some handy

I honestly don't see the point of bringing two Disc Priests to a 10 man. All it's going to do is breed annoyance. One will still be far behind the other.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/12/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Meit
I don't know how effective two disc priest in a 10 are going to be TBH.

I couldn't imagine sharing rapture procs with another priest. They're all mine
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/12/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Valarina
I don't know how effective two disc priest in a 10 are going to be TBH.

^^

It would lead to bloodshed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/12/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Tiriél

^^

It would lead to bloodshed.

Kaels' holy priest co-healer would sometimes troll him by bubbling the tank on farm content in Dragon Soul.
Reply Quote
Bwahaha I used to do that to discs in ds lfr if they were annoying ... funny as heck when they'd rage out over it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Bamboozld
well it happened got benched couldnt compete with are priest so the raid leader and gm benched me. i dont understand why i thought i was doing a good job. maybe someone can look at wol and tell me what im doing wrong. if im not doing anything wrong maybe you can help prove to the raid leader that i was doing my job right. but if u do this maybe you should help prove your point with links to other wol and other sites you got your info form, because well i tried to argue several points as to why i shouldnt have been benched. ty for your time.

You are raiding with a Disc priest and a Holy Paladin. I truly feel for you. With the bottom of my heart. Both Disc and Paladins operate on absorbs with my Illuminated healing doing a whopping 24% of my healing.

I really don't think its a player issue. I think its a comp issue. In a paladin/priest comp, the third healer (which is often not needed this tier) is going to look remarkably low. If they benched you for low HPS with that comp, then they aren't very intelligent. More than likely, their reasons for benching you were due to just not needing a third healer.

As for Uplift, this is probably your biggest snipe heal and should be used whenever possible. Our monk and myself compete constantly. He's getting better with his uplift snipes, totally rendering my HA useless on some fights, and we have "Bwahaha" fights over /healers when we one up each other.
Edited by Ceresc on 2/12/2013 2:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/12/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Ceresc
More than likely, their reasons for benching you were due to just not needing a third healer.

But then wouldn't they have asked him to respec first? I don't really get the mentality of kicking out one of your raid group (aside from something like griefing, massive mechanics fails, or being a huge jerk), it seems to me it's the leader's responsibility to make it work for the people who are depending on them for leadership.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]