No Quarter looking for potential guild merger

90 Undead Warrior
The subject says it all. The overal population of the server hordeside has declined and the eb and flow of this guild and other guilds over the course of cata and mist has made it difficult for some smaller guilds to put together consitent 10 man raids. So what we are looking for is to have talks with any potiential guild who might see the idea of a guild merger as a way of putting together enough people to consitently raid each week. I know that there are good people out there who want to raid and do stuff. Just because a guild is small doesn't mean that they don't have people who want to raid.

Contact my self Frankenhoist, Sathirrapaly, Bearass, Duta, Twistedsis or Corriey in game or via in game mail.
Edited by Frankenhoist on 2/8/2013 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811401176
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Yeah right. I guess everyone should just join FU right? I hope that reply was a joke.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
02/09/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Camicus
Yeah right. I guess everyone should just join FU right? I hope that reply was a joke.

Afraid you might learn something? Or perhaps kill something?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
We do kill stuff. The difference is that the people in my guild have lives and families. We actually enjoy real life and don't worry about being the first to kill stuff on a video game. I'm extremely successful in real life so it doesn't really bother me that a bunch of little kids like FU spend hours and hours on a video game killing more than we do :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
02/09/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Camicus
We do kill stuff. The difference is that the people in my guild have lives and families. We actually enjoy real life and don't worry about being the first to kill stuff on a video game. I'm extremely successful in real life so it doesn't really bother me that a bunch of little kids like FU spend hours and hours on a video game killing more than we do :)

This does nothing but show how immature and naive you really are.

People in FU push each other to accomplish more. Not spend more time doing it. Besides in your case more time doesn't equal more accomplishments.

Stick to worrying about your guild, I'll stick to taking care of mine.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I never understood the argument that being casual is an excuse for being bad at something. Or, if you are good at something, clearly you have no life outside of that thing you are good at.

It's in fact, quite the opposite. You see, weeks or months from now, while you or people like you are still busy trying to get that last piece of tier gear from LFR or normal modes, people in upper tier guilds such as FU have already cleared the content, and are just tooling around in pvp, levelling alts, or more often than not taking time off *away* from WoW and having "real lives."

If you choose to be bad at an easy game, that's fine, you are free to make that decision, but stop giving casual players a bad name, because the word casual really shouldn't be synonymous with awful.
Edited by Caustic on 2/9/2013 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/09/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Camicus

This might come as a complete shock to you, but you can save a ton of time and energy in this game if you stop !@#$ing around.

If you think "casual" has to mean that you %^-* around during pulls (people not grouping up like they are supposed to, not being in the right spot, or even hitting the right target), or piss away 20 minutes in between boss pulls because your main tank's girlfriend needs to powder her nose in between pulls or your raid leaders need to confer on how best to coddle the MT so they can 1) get him/her to do what they need without 2) insulting him/her to the point their feelings are hurt and they rage quit, then that's fine, but that definition doesn't apply to everyone.

What do you think people do once they have cleared content? Well, they re-clear it in one, maybe two raid nights, then they have 5 days to do whatever they want (gasp: have a life?!? Perish the thought!). Meanwhile, here you are raiding 3-7 hours per night 3-5 days per week and you still haven't cleared everything.

Who spends more time playing the game again?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I guess all of you actually think we care about how much raid content your guild clears. And where you got that we are raiding 3-7 hours a night 3-5 days a week is beyond me. Try 2 hours a night twice a week. That's the difference between your guild and guilds like mine. We play a video game and could care less if kids like you are killing more raid bosses or not killing more raid bosses than anyone else on this server. The worth of our guild isn't based on how many raid bosses we have killed or will kill. And I don't have to allow asshats in my guild just because they are good raiders like Fatal Union does.

It just seems that whenever a smaller guild on this server is trying to do something there is always an FU member that wants to talk crap about it or make some snide remark. Watch, before you go spouting off "Stick to worrying about your guild, and I'll stick to taking care of mine" maybe you should keep your own members on a leash for once and tell them to stick to worrying about their guild and let others stick to taking care of theirs. You guys are nothing but a big fish in a very small pond and never will be anything more than that.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
You are the one that likes to bring up FU. In a post where FU wasn't trolling you decided to attempt to take a shot. I couldn't care less what you think of me or mine. You just make yourself look like an inept child who really DOES care when you attempt to call us out for being elitists, while attempting to rub your "IRL successes" in my face when you know nothing about us.

Two heads may be better than one, but two faces just makes you a hypocrite.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Camicus, what's with all the patronizing, repeatedly calling people kids? I've played games for years, it's been a hobby of mine since I was little. The people I've known that put a great deal of effort into a game and were very successful in-game also tend to be pretty successful outside of the game as well, if they have the same degree of motivation and drive.

Look at some of the professional and semi-professional gamers out there. They invest a lot of time into games, but also have lives outside of it. The skills they learned in min/maxing and through leadership and close coordination with others allowed them to succeed in real estate, entrepreneurship, and in some cases jobs that they loved that were related to game design or gaming communities.

Sure, highly competitive players in WoW get a lot of crap for raiding a few nights a week. At the same time though, once content is on farm those same players clear everything in the same amount of time it takes the people giving them crap to just complete a small portion of a raid. When it's time for progression nights and learning content, yeah it isn't always fun, but there's something to be said for overcoming challenges and rising to the top.

For me personally, I used to raid, and imo I was decent at it. However, I didn't have the time to keep raiding, so I just pvp and screw around now. I'm an EMT, government consultant, and a Michelin tire tech, while also finishing up my fire science degree and the homeland security certificate program. I'm not a kid, and most of the people in FU aren't either, so you can stop patronizing.

Also, do you even lift?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
FU does actually do casual raids, though they're usually just called alt raids. There is the 10 man A team, then another 10 man from time to time, and in the past there have been all kinds of alt raid teams, some of which were second on progression on the server while raiding one night a week, heh.

For right now, I'm not sure if we have alt raids going on atm, since I don't raid anymore and don't really pay attention to it. Not sure if the guild recruits for casual raids at all, though I do see people get in all the time if they want to pvp.

For the whole "join FU if you have any desire to raid" thing, yes you can raid in any casual guild, and still have fun playing the game. Many guilds will never clear the current tier of content, nevermind heroic. If you want to see all the raiding content, yes it will probably require you to raid a few nights a week until it's all learned and on farm, but currently FU is the only guild you'll get to do the content with. FU isn't the only guild raiding, but it is the only guild in this small pond of a server that will be clearing everything unfortunately.

The game itself is slowly dying, Kargath's pvp and pve population are at an all-time low. Fatal Union is currently the guild to see all the pve content with. I wish there was another eternal without all the trolling, or some kind of friendly server competition.
Reply Quote
91 Human Monk
FU does actually do casual raids, though they're usually just called alt raids. There is the 10 man A team, then another 10 man from time to time, and in the past there have been all kinds of alt raid teams, some of which were second on progression on the server while raiding one night a week, heh.

For right now, I'm not sure if we have alt raids going on atm, since I don't raid anymore and don't really pay attention to it. Not sure if the guild recruits for casual raids at all, though I do see people get in all the time if they want to pvp.

For the whole "join FU if you have any desire to raid" thing, yes you can raid in any casual guild, and still have fun playing the game. Many guilds will never clear the current tier of content, nevermind heroic. If you want to see all the raiding content, yes it will probably require you to raid a few nights a week until it's all learned and on farm, but currently FU is the only guild you'll get to do the content with. FU isn't the only guild raiding, but it is the only guild in this small pond of a server that will be clearing everything unfortunately.

The game itself is slowly dying, Kargath's pvp and pve population are at an all-time low. Fatal Union is currently the guild to see all the pve content with. I wish there was another eternal without all the trolling, or some kind of friendly server competition.

Or they can merge with another low attendance horde guild which is like the point of this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/10/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Welgard
without all the trolling

*looks up and sees the thread being trolled six ways to Sunday*

okay then
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I guess all of you actually think we care about how much raid content your guild clears. And where you got that we are raiding 3-7 hours a night 3-5 days a week is beyond me. Try 2 hours a night twice a week. That's the difference between your guild and guilds like mine. We play a video game and could care less if kids like you are killing more raid bosses or not killing more raid bosses than anyone else on this server. The worth of our guild isn't based on how many raid bosses we have killed or will kill. And I don't have to allow asshats in my guild just because they are good raiders like Fatal Union does.

It just seems that whenever a smaller guild on this server is trying to do something there is always an FU member that wants to talk crap about it or make some snide remark. Watch, before you go spouting off "Stick to worrying about your guild, and I'll stick to taking care of mine" maybe you should keep your own members on a leash for once and tell them to stick to worrying about their guild and let others stick to taking care of theirs. You guys are nothing but a big fish in a very small pond and never will be anything more than that.

So much hate and I feel like you're staring at me, but let me try to spell things out a bit more clearly to you:

Your first bit is slightly off from truth. This second team (the thread linked) raids 2 nights a week for approximately 3 hours. We care that everyone participates at a high degree. Less raiding time means more focus and desire to perform. Sounds similar to your guild's time of commitment yes?

Secondly, No Quarter is having troubles filling a raid.

Fatal Union's second team is having troubles filling a raid.

Now my math skills aren't as good as they used to be but part of a raid + part of a raid = a full raid right?

Another scenario may also be true: Those in No Quarter want to raid and aren't as important about which guild they carry and more about the quality of players around them. A 3rd team is always welcome to those who want to put it together. Heck, there's people in FU who would raid with team 2 but just can't commit to the current days/times. But they like their friends in FU more than raiding.

This is me caring about my raid team/guild having a full roster. Not being a prick (such as the way you're acting). As for the "big fish in a small pond" comment. I kindly direct you to the following link. Some people don't eye Kargath as the 'pond' but the entire WoW community. http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/kargath/Fatal+Union/rating.tier14_10

If my guild tag was not Fatal Union I doubt that you'd have bothered to even post in here. Unfortunately yourself and many others forget that every guild has their own group of arrogant trolling players (some less justified than others). Does this mean they all are? Definitely not. Quiksylver and Bonesjackson are probably two of the nicest players I've ever had the opportunity to meet and I would consider them both respected and well liked players outside of Fatal Union.

PS: It does get annoying at times to have venom spat in my face just for being within a guild that many misunderstand.
Edited by Allaýva on 2/10/2013 9:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/10/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Camicus
I guess all of you actually think we care about how much raid content your guild clears. And where you got that we are raiding 3-7 hours a night 3-5 days a week is beyond me. Try 2 hours a night twice a week.

I was speaking in very general, broad terms. "Averages" you might say.

I saw that you raid two nights for a couple of hours (figured that was obvious information...).

The guild that this toon is in only raided two nights a week in Cataclysm and we were 2 or 3 on the server in progression.

TL, DR: Quality > Quantity
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/10/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Allaýva
PS: It does get annoying at times to have venom spat in my face just for being within a guild that many misunderstand.

It's worth noting that people misunderstand you because that's the way much of your guild portrays itself in public. I'm sure that most of FU's members are reasonable, mature people such as yourself, but as long as its face on the server remains the diehard trolls/drama queens (as witnessed in this thread) then you guys will always have a rep for that sort of thing.

That's really the way it is in this situation, you can't get the respect of being in the top progression guild on the server (Fatal Union) without getting everyone's disrespect for being part of the trolliest guild on the server (Fatal Union). Take the good with the bad.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yeah you are what you put out there.

For the record I hope you find some people to fill your roster! I know how much it sucks to be on the wrong side of a faction imbalance on a med pop server... and well yeah.

Worse comes to worst if you don't mind just wait until 5.2 when 5.0 raids go x-realm and you can grab some friends from other servers to come raid with you. That's basically why I'm leveling this guy up. Just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/10/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Tailias

It's worth noting that people misunderstand you because that's the way much of your guild portrays itself in public. I'm sure that most of FU's members are reasonable, mature people such as yourself, but as long as its face on the server remains the diehard trolls/drama queens (as witnessed in this thread) then you guys will always have a rep for that sort of thing.

That's really the way it is in this situation, you can't get the respect of being in the top progression guild on the server (Fatal Union) without getting everyone's disrespect for being part of the trolliest guild on the server (Fatal Union). Take the good with the bad.

I say, you must change your xmog like 5 times a day. /Impressed (or at least that's what it feels like sometimes)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]