No Quarter looking for potential guild merger

90 Tauren Druid
After reading through all this crap I feel a lot dumber now. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7978878923#17

You are welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

You can read?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Fantastic thread! Would read again! <3 Kargath.

BTW, I don't even play anymore - haven't logged in in almost a year - and... kinda shocked I'm saying this, but I think FU is absolutely correct in this thread. It's not uncommon for a guild to have multiple raid teams at varying levels of intensity (ToV currently runs three full 10-man teams), and NQ spurned a potentially intriguing offer that could've solved their problems. FU is a big guild. I'm sure there are a ton of jerks in it. I'm also sure there are some very cool doods. It's a shame the NQ peeps weren't able to put aside their petty video game intraguild rivalry (to be fair, a lot more fun that it seems to outsiders) to try to figure out how best to enjoy WoW going forward.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How has George not posted in this thread yet ffs
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Would still love to know what toon Camicus had in Paradosi.

Or does he only "fight the man" when he can maintain anonymity?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Would still love to know what toon Camicus had in Paradosi.

Or does he only "fight the man" when he can maintain anonymity?

guy puts his two cents in and then disappears for months when he realizes others have more sense to post than random hate messages.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I came to Kargath server when my guild merged with NQ back in September of 2011. NQ had lost quite a few players at the time and it seemed a good fit for us - our GM proposed our raid group leave our server and join NQ's 25 man group. So 8 of us server transferred in good faith - NQ had promised to help catch us up in content and gear as we were behind in progression as compared to their group. This is my experience of NQ....
1) Poorly led raid group
2) Loot was given to friends and officers preferentially and on the sly (i.e. raid wasn't told who item went to at times)
3) Promises made to merging guild not kept
Of the 8 of us who transferred over, not one stayed with NQ after this experience. Terrible disappointment.
I don't regret coming to Kargath, since I've now found my home in FU and can honestly say this is the best-run guild I've been in in my WoW experience. FU members are very active in many areas of this game. FU has something for everyone from casual players to elite raiders. I'm proud to be a member here. There are some amazing people here who are truly inspirational to me as a player.
My advice to anyone considering a merger with NQ - don't do it. The good people that were in NQ have recognized the guild for what it is and have moved on to better places. I want to be clear that the purpose of this post is to save players from the negative experience that my guild had when it merged with NQ.

I was lead tank and tank officer for NQ in cata. However, I left the game in prior to this 'merger' you speak of, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

NQ, at least the NQ I knew, met none of those labels you described, so your post vexes me. It's hard for me to defend them when I was not there, but I just wanted to chime in and say the people I left (for RL) were not bad people.

I came back and re-subbed a month ago. And NQ has changed. Mostly because the core people are off on other servers. But I also found that the few core left, are, in fact, also on other servers. After a meeting about raiding I decided to go my own way when I found that raid days/times would be scheduled around when officers weren't raiding on other servers. If I am going to commit to raiding again, I do not want our group to be seconds so to speak.

Casual? Fine. Hard core? Fine. But second to people playing other toons makes me feel like an alt, and I'm not an alt. I just see issues with it. Raid extensions, moving a day back etc. could get hairy when dealing with toons on different servers.

With that being said, NQ people are good people. And good raiders, just seems they have some irons in other fires.

Summary....I can't defend NQ for what happened when I was not around, but I will toss a positive note in for them to go with the above quoted bad.

Cheers =)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The memories that came back while reading this...

/tear

:)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Holy crap; a Dhryke drive-by!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Eldaryx
85 Draenei Shaman
Tears of Vengeance

Fantastic thread! Would read again! <3 Kargath.

BTW, I don't even play anymore - haven't logged in in almost a year - and... kinda shocked I'm saying this, but I think FU is absolutely correct in this thread. It's not uncommon for a guild to have multiple raid teams at varying levels of intensity (ToV currently runs three full 10-man teams), and NQ spurned a potentially intriguing offer that could've solved their problems. FU is a big guild. I'm sure there are a ton of jerks in it. I'm also sure there are some very cool doods. It's a shame the NQ peeps weren't able to put aside their petty video game intraguild rivalry (to be fair, a lot more fun that it seems to outsiders) to try to figure out how best to enjoy WoW going forward.

You spelled vengeance wrong

With that being said, NQ people are good people. And good raiders, just seems they have some irons in other fires.

I trust Ehla's words 100%, maybe things in NQ hit that slippery slope when you left. I would love nothing more than to see NQ back to it's 25 man glory days, but i think right now they may lack the leadership in order to do so.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This was a giant fail troll. I'm turning in my troll card.
Edited by Darot on 3/12/2013 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Camicus is the hero Grey Council deserves, but not the one it needs representing it right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent troll, a tearful hater. A dark knight.

Edit: Willing to bet the coward put me on ignore. WTB quote so he can hopefully reply with his toon from Paradosi.
Edited by Runic on 3/13/2013 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Camicus is the hero Grey Council deserves, but not the one it needs representing it right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent troll, a tearful hater. A dark knight.

Edit: Willing to bet the coward put me on ignore. WTB quote so he can hopefully reply with his toon from Paradosi.

http://imgur.com/gallery/87lEfme
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

http://i46.tinypic.com/314trib.gif
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=3Hznz6DZKT6zVM&tbnid=rmX6guQWOrSLRM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhumorswitch.net%2F31188%2Fawww-yeaaaaaaaah%2F&ei=5ztDUbHQF4fv0QHP04GwAQ&bvm=bv.43828540,d.dmg&psig=AFQjCNG2ehIJlhcqtzZdugEK-UWE1H8t-w&ust=1363447132092235
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]