Are T1 such a necessity?

90 Draenei Shaman
What is the big frigging deal about having t1 weps?, Its hard enough for some of us to get the season cap.

I dont mean to fret or rant about it, im just curious about it?
In a span of about 4 hours, i've been rejected in groups for not having t1 weps.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's 5100 pvp power, that's why.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter
The raw PvP power on it, if memory serves.

Makes it a pretty big step up from a 463 heroic weapon.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
this late in the season? yea you should have it.
Reply Quote
It's also just a check to see if you PvP frequently.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I love you guys
Reply Quote
7500 or so for rogue qq we use the caster dagger as an oh lol
Reply Quote
Tier 1 should be purchased and upgraded as soon as you have the minimum Conquest earned to get it. It will have the biggest impact on your performance over any gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Well in the mean time, does anybody know if adding the eye of the black prince then putting a pvp gem would help a little bit?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Won't help in the slightest. That 5100 pvp power is insane compared to any amount of raw stats you could get from even heroic content.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
so yah u get to have fun for a month getting destroyed until you can be competitive blizzard really thought that one through. They should have at least thrown us a crafted ilvl 450 wep or something...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Bearelroll, My thoughts exactly
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The damage increase from the PvP Power is the killer, at least comparing 463 to 470. While the damage output on a NPC won't go up by very much, the damage output on a PvP player can go up by 18% if you believe wowhead.

That's too big a jump in damage to ignore and no armor replacements makes up for it. As Bearelroll said, Blizzard really didn't think that one through and should of given players a PvP blue weapon (heck, half the PvP power and it still would be more useful).
Reply Quote
top damage every rbg or bg my bow doing it for me :3 but yes it is
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Flawed as !@#$ because providing an HP pvp weapon would get noobs into lfr and heroics too quick. Um how about just make it terrible item level and give it pvp stats. %^-*ing hell
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
02/10/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Ticklegasm
Flawed as !@#$ because providing an HP pvp weapon would get noobs into lfr and heroics too quick. Um how about just make it terrible item level and give it pvp stats. %^-*ing hell

LFR it wouldn't, Heroics it might, but you can argue all the honor gear could be used to get you into Heroics.

Take, for example: Ennadee's Twirling Longbow. Add half of the PvP Power the epic bow has (2385, so roughly 9% damage against PvP opponents).

• Almost useless for LFR.
  • Useful for Heroic (like all the other PvP items), but inferior to a heroic dungeon weapon.
  • A good item for PvP that covers an important gap, which is PvP Power on your weapon.
  • I dunno, it seems like it would be a viable PvP weapon without it stepping on the toes of PvE any more than the rest of the PvP blue gear.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    I might of just skimmed through the patch notes, but will this issue be fixed next patch?, or should i prepare myself and suck up the gruelling task of getting season capped in order to get some decent pvp weps?
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    02/11/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Catrixa
    I might of just skimmed through the patch notes, but will this issue be fixed next patch?, or should i prepare myself and suck up the gruelling task of getting season capped in order to get some decent pvp weps?

Blizzard can't do anything about people wanting specific pieces of gear, specific achievements, or any other random thing.

In 5.2 470 malevolent weapons will be purchasable with honor, but then it will be likely that a majority of RBG pug leaders are going to require people to have tyrannical weapons beyond about eight weeks into the season and not want people who are using malevolent because there's again a huge jump in power.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warrior
    02/11/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Catrixa
    I might of just skimmed through the patch notes

might've. might have.

sorry. had to. i'm not a grammar !@#$ or a spelling dictator
    but sometimes some things just bug me. their, they're, or
    there, for example. to, too, and two. these 3 bug me too.

normally typo's or misspells do not alter meaning or muck
    with cohesion. it's those times they can that grate on me.

yes, that pvp weapon is a sort of benchmark and it has what
    you need, pvp power. its benchmark attribute this season got
    very very diluted because of the rampant ratings fiasco. this
    will change come 5.2 and may take till 5.3 or longer till those
    that defrauded their way to high ratings get shaken out.

the pvp weapon, and gear, does make a huge difference. it's
    late season, but even so, get the gear (crafted at least) and
    get the weapon (or have a plan to that end). my plans come
    later in the xpac. :-) i'm rotating half a dozen characters.

yesterday in a bg i was watching an alliance lock and spriest
    hitting some hordies for 370K, 400K+. these guys was getting
    hit so hard they was rezzing in their start zone. very amusing.
    and yes, i've got screen shots. that's gear and weapons doing
    that, and i'd like to think they wasn't part of the ratings con.

i have poor gear, given late season, and no pvp weapon and often
    hit for 160 to 200K. this should not happen and wouldn't if my
    targets had at least the crafted gear. yes, pvp gear makes a diff.

tl;dr, yes, it is a necessity.

Cheers.
    Pleb.

just wow! this n-word used after grammar-
    or even soup- is censored now? just wow.
    Edited by Theplebian on 2/12/2013 12:09 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Warlock
    Pvp power for dps is 100% a must and really getting 1800 conquest per week isn't hard. try capping 2680 every week then come moan
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]