New Seal of Justice change

85 Draenei Shaman
Snares aren't really that important for us tbh. No class can effectively kite a ret because of our ranged attacks and freedoms.

Still think they could have went a different way with SoJ though.
I hope you're joking... as a melee class snares are always important...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 04:21 AMPosted by Invincible
Snares aren't really that important for us tbh. No class can effectively kite a ret because of our ranged attacks and freedoms.

Think for a second. Snares are needed for peels and other such stuff, not just for staying on target.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
I'd actually like to see it the Old Judgement of Justice effect coming back for Retribution, with BoG being it's upgrade. While not a snare, it should help mitigate the loss of Seal of Justice's snare, especially against the classes we'll have no real way of catching... like druids and the like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The HELL with Seal of Justice.

I want them to seriously consider giving Rets something besides flippin' Wrath from Symbiosis.

Anyone needing a snare in PvP isn't doing arenas, they are doing BGs. If you want any reasonable chance, you're going to be with a Mage/Rogue/Spriest/Feral/Warrior, and there's your snares.

I'll agree, in BGs, it could have its uses, but FoJ is just way better. You can get by just fine with LaoTL and good positioning. Any Ret that chases enemies is going to die anyway, unless you completely outgear them.

You shouldn't ever be chasing and needing a snare that bad, the entire strength of Ret is in the close range. LoS stuff.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
02/10/2013 05:19 AMPosted by Invincible
Snares are needed for peels

Rets don't peel.
I just laughed irl. Nobody would ever group with a ret if they couldn't peel, and yes snaring someone is part of peeling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 05:19 AMPosted by Invincible
Snares are needed for peels

Rets don't peel.

Rets dont get RBG invites
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is there anything in the tooltip that suggests the TV consumes the charges? It looks like it doesn't, which is pretty cool.

I think we need the SoJ slow and the damage buff. Remove BoG and replace it with something useful. How about Cleanse+1, your cleanse now removes one magic effect in addition to its current effects and its cooldown is increased to 30 seconds.

That way you choose between a CC, a reduced stun duration, or a magic cleanse. All very useful options. Rets retain their slow via SoJ, which becomes the go-to seal of pvp since it now gives damage and a slow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hes actually right rets don't peel and the slow loss vs controlled burst I think burst will end up being better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Paladinww
Hes actually right rets don't peel and the slow loss vs controlled burst I think burst will end up being better.

You're confusing "can't" and "don't". Peeling has been quite possible since 5.0.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A 2min blind cd and a 30sec cd stun ( with talent) both dispelable when compared to a wars peeling ability you can say frankly we can't peel "effectively".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I've been messing around with Ret-warlock 3's (hoping to try it next season) and I peel from him all the time with SoJ and Freedom. I really don't want to be forced into BoG because FoJ is much better.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Rets used to peel with huge selfless healer WoGs. You now have snare/hoj/bop to peel.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Depends on comp but you should be running with classes that have a reliable snare anyway or some form of peels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Paladinww
Depends on comp but you should be running with classes that have a reliable snare anyway or some form of peels.

Oh, he's right, guys. We're so silly for wanting some variety in viable comps. Back to your melee cleaves, everybody.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
frost mages say hi
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/10/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Paladinww
frost mages say hi

Frost Mage isn't as good as it used to be with movement impairing effects. Anyway, Elidra's right that Ret should be able to play 3's with casters (plural). The new SoJ sounds cool, but we need some sort of baseline snare. Ret should move towards better synergy with casters, not away from it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ran with a frost mage worked fine but he quit after frost bomb nerf.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]