New Seal of Justice change

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Difference between inquisition and seal twisting is that inquisition is actually a very large dps gain. Even at 20% per hit, twisting justice would still be a loss with the risk of it being a pretty significant loss if you drop the stack.

Changing seals for aoe is not twisting unless you're trying to maintain censure at the same time. In which case you should probably not even have bothered with righteousness.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Paladin
02/15/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Cayse
Difference between inquisition and seal twisting is that inquisition is actually a very large dps gain. Even at 20% per hit, twisting justice would still be a loss with the risk of it being a pretty significant loss if you drop the stack.

Please go back and read...no one said anything about twisting justice being a dps gain. The dev was talking about seal twisting being the reason they wouldn't just buff SoJ damage. I simply pointed out that this is a piss-poor excuse because everything that goes into seal twisting is exactly what goes into casting and maintaining Inquisition.

02/15/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Cayse
Changing seals for aoe is not twisting unless you're trying to maintain censure at the same time. In which case you should probably not even have bothered with righteousness.

So you're saying that on Dragon Soul's Yor'sahj, for instance, when he absorbed a Dark Globule and summoned the small army of Forgotten Ones that the Paladin should have simply stayed in Seal of Truth?

No. You swapped to Righteousness. And as more and more Forgotten Ones died, Righteousness became the weaker option so you would swap back to Truth and refresh your Censure stack on Yor'sahj while those with natural splash dmg (Heart Strike, Howling Blast, etc) would finish off the remnants.
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Topples
Justice is much more complicated. It was intended as a PvP seal, but the damage loss is so significant and the snare just not that valuable (which is ironic when you consider Ret's history of not being able to catch things),

I like this part. He comes right out and admits that Ret has needed work on actually getting to their target. The fact that he phrases it as Ret's "history" shows us that they've known for quite some time.

Here's an idea. Why don't you make Burden of Guilt baseline? If you don't think a snare is that valuable, why should someone have to talent into it? Then you could give us a new talent that WOULD be valuable. You know, something that would help us to be able to catch things.

Doing so should make figuring out what to do with Seal of Justice far less complicated.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Ive never understood why judging someone with seal of justice on doesnt slow the target? why do we have to talent into something every other melee based class/spec gets baseline? its kinda stupid, why do we have to fight for every inch of ground to get on an even playing field with everyone else every single effing expansion or patch... why?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/16/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Midknightsun
ve never understood why judging someone with seal of justice on doesnt slow the target?

02/16/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Midknightsun
we have to talent into

That's your answer.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
So is the SoJ stacking buff similar to the Taste for Blood stacks that warriors had?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/27/2013 06:39 AMPosted by Crucious
So is the SoJ stacking buff similar to the Taste for Blood stacks that warriors had?

Sadly they removed it.
Reply Quote
Well, that's disappointing. I was looking forward to a fresh, new possibility for pvp. I hope they compensate in some other way.
Reply Quote
59 Human Death Knight
Nope, happy with the changes - seal twisting for a major dps loss and having to rely on Burden of Guilt was a no bueno - especially since Judgement is on a 5 second cool down. I like the snare effect on the justice seal, and boosting damage means I'm not losing too much dps when I switch seals.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
seal of justice need to be removed from the game.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
02/27/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Vir

Sadly they removed it.

Thats bull!@#$. All last season all i could think of was how no one wanted a ret pally on RBG teams cause outside of burst(unless you manage CD properly) Ret's arent viable for almost any comp. Was looking forwards to that weird stacking buff SoJ woulda had....sadly we're shafted again...."OH here ya go we increased the dmg abit but thats about all"....freaking retarded
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I wonder if all the class forums are like this...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/05/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Crucious
Thats bull!@#$. All last season all i could think of was how no one wanted a ret pally on RBG teams cause outside of burst(unless you manage CD properly) Ret's arent viable for almost any comp. Was looking forwards to that weird stacking buff SoJ woulda had....sadly we're shafted again...."OH here ya go we increased the dmg abit but thats about all"....freaking retarded

The stacking thing was far worse than the buffed SoJ. Less damage, less reliable damage, and no snare.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]