2H Healing Mace in 5.2!

80 Troll Druid
There is a ton of variety for weapons in 5.2, or at least it appears so, they all have unique models, so I hope they all make the cut. Better more weapon options then off pieces that always get DEd, since the majority of loot qq threads are about weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I want that mace, mostly because male tauren + 2H mace = beast. Heck with BiS and min/maxing!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Coriel
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/95858-invocation-of-the-dawn

OMG YAY!!!!!

02/09/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Stratis
The thing is that healer aren't going to want a non-spirit weapon, and paladins and shaman are going to want to use a shield for the extra physical mitigation.

I'm okay with no spirit on my weapon. I have plenty of spirit elsewhere. And frankly, I might just use this because it looks good. Forget min/maxing. I've been wanting a a 2hdr since my first Grand Marshal's Demolisher
Edited by Ceresc on 2/10/2013 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Cool until you realize that mh/oh is still superior to 2h
Is it really that hard to make a stat with equal stats? why does the mh/oh combo always have to win
Edited by Dezie on 2/10/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Sweet! I love out-of-the-norm weapons. Will be nice to bust out an Earthwarden transmog.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Is it really that hard to make a stat with equal stats? why does the mh/oh combo always have to win

Because getting 2 items for 1 purpose is harder than getting 1 that has the same purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Because getting 2 items for 1 purpose is harder than getting 1 that has the same purpose.

That's kind of not the point. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Holy crap, caster 2 handed maces and fist weapons??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

I thought they equalized the stat allocation, so that the only difference is the extra enchant on the offhand.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I thought they equalized the stat allocation, so that the only difference is the extra enchant on the offhand.

Not as far as I'm aware.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/11/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Taymage

165 int from the enchant is more than enough to make any staves/2hers completely obsolete.

Gems/socket bonuses on the MH/OH only drive the disparity further.
Edited by Qùess on 2/11/2013 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
And a spellpower sword for pvp. Man I'm so excited! Oh wait... I can only use daggers maces swords and wands...

wtb spirit staves being bis for priests.

02/11/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Qùess

165 int from the enchant is more than enough to make any staves/2hers completely obsolete.

Don't forget to mention the fact that main hand weapons have MORE spellpower on them by default over staves. Its just not fair.
Edited by Zolvolt on 2/11/2013 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
02/10/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Viena
Are you sure about this? I know one of the many reasons why DKs dont dual wield is because there are more stats on a 2 hander than 2 1h weapons. Is it just the OH enchant that throws it the other way since with DKs the enchant power would be exactly the same?

It's different for melee classes because you have to take into account the extra melee swings you gain from dual wielding.

But it's really quite simple. you take 10 intelect off the mace ::boom::, and add a red socket and a socket bonus of 60 int. The difference from the main hand - off hand and the mace is 320 int. However you do get an extra 215 green stats from the mace, but that only ends up being worth about 110 int. So really that leaves 210 int unaccounted for. So by taking 10 int off the mace and adding 220 from sockets you end up with (was 1759 is now 1749 plus 220 for the red gem and socket bonus) 1969 int. Using a main hand - off hand set up you have 2079 int; a difference of 110 int or about 215 (220 exactly but who cares about that :p) green stat values.

I'm using this mace regardless, but this would make the difference minuscule.
Edited by Bodacity on 2/11/2013 1:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I will be rocking the fist weapon for sure. Two handed mace, pft.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
And a spellpower sword for pvp. Man I'm so excited! Oh wait... I can only use daggers maces swords and wands...

wtb spirit staves being bis for priests.

Don't forget to mention the fact that main hand weapons have MORE spellpower on them by default over staves. Its just not fair.

This is not correct.

For example, the caster sword from Tsulong (Loshan, terror incarnate) has exactly the same spell power as the staff from Lei Shi. For normal mode, 496 gear, the sword is 7007 sp, the staff is 7006 sp.

However.

The (again 496 ilvl for all) sword + Tornado summoning offhand *does* have slightly more intellect (even without the offhand enchant). Sword + offhand = 1247 int; staff = 1223 int.

Second however.

The staff has a slightly larger secondary stat budget. Sword + offhand = 1559 secondary stats; staff = 1607 secondary stats.

I guess my point is that they made the stat budgets for staves vs. main + offhand to be *fairly* similar. Although the bottom line is that Quess is correct re: intellect to offhand.
Edited by Taymage on 2/11/2013 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
2H mace looks like it might be neat for healers that have weapon-damage abilities. I guess.

I wouldn't know.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Are you sure about this? I know one of the many reasons why DKs dont dual wield is because there are more stats on a 2 hander than 2 1h weapons. Is it just the OH enchant that throws it the other way since with DKs the enchant power would be exactly the same?

Though seeing as there is a 1h mace and a shield that both have spirit mastery on it, its doubtful that many people would switch to this.

Non-frost dks don't dual-wield because their abilities only use the mainhand for everything, making the damage (and by extension, threat for blood) pretty much inferior in every way. Frost dks are typically dualwielding now, so flatout invalid there.

Mainhand/offhand will typically have more int than a twohander, but less secondary stats. It will also have an enchant on the offhand, pushing the intellect advantage even greater. All in all, they're fairly close to even without that enchant; the enchant just makes it the winner. Note that it's not a huge win, so you should take whatever is the upgrade now, and just prefer mainhand/offhand if there's a choice.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This is completely off the topic, but...

02/11/2013 04:14 PMPosted by Yablik
Non-frost dks don't dual-wield because their abilities only use the mainhand for everything, making the damage (and by extension, threat for blood) pretty much inferior in every way.

I have to say: TELL THAT TO THE DUAL-WIELDING BLOOD DKs I run into while doing LFD

gawwwwwwd

/facepalm

I always know I'm going to be busting out the cooldowns to keep us afloat, when I run into one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]