Mage DPS

90 Orc Shaman
So I'm gearing my mage, and have thrown a play in at all of the specs, and it seems like my dps is fairly low, comparing it to people who happen to be really really geared.

Typically I would post logs, but I'm not really curious until I'm fully geared, what kind of DPS would you be pulling around 460-465 ilvl?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Posting on your mage would help.

Knowing what spec you're talking about, optimization, and fights/raid difficulties you're referring to would help as well. You're asking for too general an answer right now.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I've played all of the specs, seeing numbers between 42-53k single target.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Your dps is really low, but the mage specs are pretty reliant on absolute stat optimization to do well.

Fire isn't going to be good without maxed crit, frost is going to be weak without a heavy haste investment. Arcane is the easiest because haste is fairly close to mastery, even though I was haste stacking I was easily pulling 80-90k last time I raided.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Your dps is really low, but the mage specs are pretty reliant on absolute stat optimization to do well.

Fire isn't going to be good without maxed crit, frost is going to be weak without a heavy haste investment. Arcane is the easiest because haste is fairly close to mastery, even though I was haste stacking I was easily pulling 80-90k last time I raided.
In the 460-465k range??
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 12:58 AMPosted by Endure
t seems like my dps is fairly low, comparing it to people who happen to be really really geared

This was all I needed to read.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I am around the same ilevel and if I hit between 40 and 50k I am pretty happy with how I did.

With how much of a massive difference there is between 460 and 480 ilevel I am not surprised that they are doing double the dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]