Holy DPS (beating a dead horse?)

90 Blood Elf Priest
02/15/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Turmoyl
I would be okay with a Holy DPS spec that is competitive as long as it has similar penalties as shadow on healing and mana regeneration, has to hit cap properly like shadow, etc.
you do realize that Shadow has better mana regeneration than any of the healing specs right?

I don't think you understood my point, which is all caster DPS should be on the same footing in terms of what stats they should use and what mechanics they have available to them. A holy DPS spec that can at a moment's notice fire off a Guardian Spirit to save a Tank or Circle of Healing to deal with burst damage and then the next moment deal competitive numbers isn't balanced.

02/15/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Breathkeeper
Druids getting a 4th spec was a straight-up nerf. It was not beneficial to them in any way and should not be wished upon other classes.

I seriously dispute this. Guardian druids and Feral druids both benefited from the separation. It allows talents and abilities that would not have been tailored to roles be tailored to them. A bear can now deal decent DPS like other tanks without needing to go cat. Similarly, cats are able to be balanced relative to other melee DPS who can "throw on a shield" to temporarily tank.

02/15/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Breathkeeper
Holy dps is an interesting anomaly, and as long as it doesn't get scale out of control it may stick around for a while as an option, that's good enough. It's got some strong positives and strong negatives, kind of like warlock tanking with Dark Apotheosis.

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if Warlocks received a Fourth 'Demon Hunter' spec which functioned as a ranged tank without a pet (I don't really see any other way for them to implement Demon hunters as a playable class). Demon hunters are just way too cool to not be playable.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Priest
I'm all for this post Holy dps sounds amazing and I would welcome this change
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Why would you want to be holy dps? Why not just go shadow? Seriously, what's the appeal?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
02/16/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Icepirate
Why would you want to be holy dps? Why not just go shadow? Seriously, what's the appeal?

The raid utility. Shadow can't provide nearly the raid utility a holy dps can. In a stacked fight, a holy can easily pull 60-90k+ dps (depending on gear/ilvl/skill) while still providing a good chunk of healing (15-35k+ HP/s 15-25% of the effective healing done...again depending on gear)

It also scales incredibly well on damage buffed fights (i.e. elegon). I've personally done over 150k on elegon...But others here have reported numbers over 200k. (though that could have been heroic version, mine was on 10m normal)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
What's you HPS look like then?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vht8l40xvg7lnih6/analyze/dd/source/?s=1363&e=1796

There's one where I finished 60k DPS, and 31k HP/S (was actually doing 90k dps for most of the fight, but swapped to healing for last boss-add, which dropped my effetive DPS to 60k)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
In an easily 2-heal fight (where I don't have to swap back/forth to heals) .... meaning MSV lol....fights like Feng/Gara'jal I'll usually finish 70-85k DPS and 22-25kish HPS....those I don't have WoL b/c we don't save MSV 10M Normal. (and in heroics I heal)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
150k is not even remotely impressive on Elegon with a 490 ilvl.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Priest
@ Nixxe i don't believe he was flexing his epeen nixx he was stating that holy can do par dps just like any other class and this thread is not based on how amazing or impressive you think you are if you are looking for that go to another thread this is talking about how we would like to see a holy dps option
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It's not about epeen, it's about people who don't really know what they're doing or talking about trying to educate others.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
What do you consider amazing dps on 10man NORMAL then? Group I run with does four and four. Its not heroic when u r doing more orbs. And like stated I wasnt saying it was great just saying what I did

As for not knowing what im doing? Thats funny bc I remember u telling me two months ago when I brought it up on the forums that I was an idiot for wanting to do holy dps and now you are apparently the expert lol
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Priest
I suggest to ignore detractors as the thread has generated plenty of constructive discussion and support outside of their posts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Creamy
I suggest to ignore detractors as the thread has generated plenty of constructive discussion and support outside of their posts.

Actually, I think this thread is all over the place with some players (myself) talking about Holy DPS as a possible future 4th spec for the class or Glyph choice like the Demonology warlock Glyph of Demon Hunting; others are giving anecdotal evidence in which they claim that Holy DPS is a viable spec right now in raiding (making the claim that it even exceeds Shadow's capabilities) either full time or for helping out on burst phases, while still others are butthurt that anyone would want to play a non-shadow DPS priest.

I am in favour of giving players choice, I am concerned that Holy DPS is currently too powerful but rather than want to see it nerfed, I'd prefer to see it brought in line with the same penalties, benefits and balance considerations shadow faces and then let the playerbase decide which DPS spec they prefer.
Reply Quote
53 Blood Elf Priest
02/16/2013 08:43 PMPosted by Taheraliel
I am in favour of giving players choice

Agree all the way. The current talent and spell system has been so simplified and streamlined in the name of "choices". So I see no reason not to open up new pathways now that so many older, defunct ones have been closed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/16/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Draygot
As for not knowing what im doing? Thats funny bc I remember u telling me two months ago when I brought it up on the forums that I was an idiot for wanting to do holy dps and now you are apparently the expert lol

Improbable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]