Seperate uplift and renewing mists

90 Draenei Monk
The whole mechanic of spreading renewing mists before heavy damage phases so that you can uplift is horrible. Yes as a class we can do it. but why so our guild leaders gripe at us about overhealing.

JUST FIX UPLIFT TO HEAL THE FIVE LOWEST HEALTH TARGETS AND ALL IS GOOD WITH THE WORLD.

there is my rant now ghostrawler can ignore the whole thing. I will go back to mindlessly clicking my renewing mist button on cooldown thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Why do I actually like this idea?
Reply Quote
The whole mechanic of spreading renewing mists before heavy damage phases so that you can uplift is horrible. Yes as a class we can do it. but why so our guild leaders gripe at us about overhealing.

JUST FIX UPLIFT TO HEAL THE FIVE LOWEST HEALTH TARGETS AND ALL IS GOOD WITH THE WORLD.

there is my rant now ghostrawler can ignore the whole thing. I will go back to mindlessly clicking my renewing mist button on cooldown thank you.

I doubt they'd do it, if only because Uplift would turn into a Circle of Healing clone. Even though the main difference would be that Uplift costs Chi while CoH is on a cooldown, they'd still think it's too similar. Also, if they did make that change, they'd have to remove the Glyph of Uplift, or else we'd get the completely silly healing that we saw in that short period of time in WotLK when CoH had no cooldown.
Reply Quote
Honestly, I would agree with this. It would solve our Mana Tea generation from ranged in 5.2 as well, by simply tacking on a small CD on Uplift like CoH and Wild Growth, like 6-8 seconds.

Currently on 5.2, Uplift and Env Mists are our only chi spenders at range, and well, we have no mana regeneration unless we fistweave.

A change like this would actually fix this, to me at least. The issue with Uplift being a reliable chi spender was the mana cost incurred not only from Renewing Mists, but the other spell(s) necessary to get the other 3 chi necessary for one stack.

It'd also open up the usefulness of the Uplift Glyph for fistweavers. o_o They could simply make Thunder Focus Tea make the next Uplift target all targets with ReM active and refresh it. It'd also make TFT an actual strategic cooldown. When you know a big hit is coming to at least 2-3 people with ReM active on them, prep and BOOM.

The only thing that would suffer would be extremely heavy AoE fights in 25 mans (like Garalon) and even then, there's 6 healers. Whereas it would help quite a few other instances.
Edited by Brewfist on 2/9/2013 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
If I wanted CoH, I'd have leveled a priest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Terrible Idea, I like being able to heal more than 5 people at once.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

If you wanted CoH why didn't you just roll a priest? My only gripe with RM/uplift is how few targets it can be on without TFT. It would be nice if it reverted back to 4 RM targets, 8 total before TFT.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
tlc
So you want to do less healing?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
IMO, they should return it to one of the early (if somewhat bugged) Beta versions where Uplift heals all party/raid members within X yd of a target benefitting from Renewing Mists.

Basically, rather than Uplift ONLY healing the Renewing Mists targets, it would function more like Fire Nova for a Shaman. Maybe give it a max healing cap per Renewing Mists target, and you've got a AOE heal that doesn't rely on lucky Renewing Mists bounces just to cover the right members.

Think of it like this...

Uplift: Heals all party/raid members within 10 yd of a target benefitting from your Renewing Mists spell by X, divided evenly amongst each target healed. Uplift can heal a single target multiple times per cast if the target is in range of multiple Renewing Mists targets.

Heck, you wouldn't even have to change the effect of Thunder Focus Tea either! :D
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Priest
Maybe Mistweaver's skill floor and cap are too high?

Honestly the 8-15 seconds of foresight you need to do a proper fatty TFT/Uplift, along with keeping your Fistweaver rotation sharp (doubly so next patch where you need to maintain a pretty clear Jab -> TP combo for maximum output), using Mana Tea on CD, and doing any other healing/positioning that needs to be done is a lot to keep track of. Especially compared to most other healers who can simply see "Oh, the raid has taken, or in the next few seconds will take X damage, so I will use X 1-2 seconds before/after and all will be well, also I need to use my mana CD every ___ minutes".

But while I can sympathize with the desire to want Uplift separated from RM, even at the cost of some throughput, I feel like RM -> Uplift, along with Fistweaving and the nature of our other Heals while casting Soothing Mist is all that separates us from any other healer. I'm not sure I want to give that up.
Edited by Urteil on 2/9/2013 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
This class is easy, don't make it any easier please
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I don't think that uplift needs to be separated from ReM and in truth that is not the issue. The big problem is how long it takes for ReM to spread causing players to start prepping for any raid-wide damage 20+ seconds in advance every single time. The whole ramp-up time of ReM makes it a requirement to hit ReM on CD for any fight with occasional AoE burst. In cases like these players are ignoring the actual HoT aspect and only casting so they can use uplift for five seconds when the heavy damage hits.

One possible change I could see is tweaking TFT with a glyph doubling the targets of the next ReM with the trade-off of removing the benefit of uplift. This would keep the intent of ReM and uplift in place while giving players the option of cutting prep-time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I agree with you 100% in the fact that it needs to be changed, but not in the way you want it.

It's exactly like visyian said. It takes way too long to spread out your mists before aoe damage and all the while theres a ton of unnecessary over healing going on. It makes us extremely weak on certain fights, especially those where the raid isn't stacked and we can't spam Spinning Crane Kick.

It also causes a huge disparity between 10 and 25 man raid healing. I think for 10 man healing the mechanic is fine. But for 25 mans theres just way too much preparation time to the point where your just always use Renewing Mists on cooldown to prepare for the next raid damage even where theres no raid damage at the time. It needs to be reworked for sure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]