So Shadow healing is too strong yet Ret

90 Human Warrior
Honestly, Ret is the only hybrid spec that should really play like a hybrid. It should have good heals, and sacrifice damage because of it. Shadow should be able to drop form and Flash Heal reasonably well, but go oom after a short while.

Ret: quick, bursty heals that can be pumped out during damage but not spammable. Spamming heals ineffective due to mana. Damage is lower than other dps specs because of healing.

Shadow: Not very good heals, but can heal themselves for a while. Can spam heals more easily due to mana pool. Does not sacrifice damage in tradeoff, but cannot damage and heal at the same time. Overall weaker healing potential than Ret.

Other hybrids should be treated as pure dps as far as I'm concerned and lose all but the most basic of heals, if even those.

However, Ret being able to pump out 200k heals is dumb. They should be able to put out decent throughtput healing via WoG, and good burst (but not often) healing via FoL with Selfless Healer, but they shouldn't entirely replace a healer. Maybe 2/3 of one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
^
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
Ret is the only hybrid designed to provide a lot of offhealing to teammates as part of our group utility package. We do so at the cost of all our damage resources and personal defenses (healing is our defense).

Well, instant flash of lights don't cost any of ret's dmg resources.
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
02/09/2013 07:36 PMPosted by Jorion
Other hybrids should be treated as pure dps as far as I'm concerned and lose all but the most basic of heals, if even those.

Lol, what? So spriests should be only class with decent off heals. Great burst, and the best utility?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Would love for my healing spec to crit like 90k on my longest casting heal (greater heal) thats really hard to pull off in pvp let alone 150k for a dps spec =\
Edited by Xpotiom on 2/9/2013 9:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Xpotiom
Would love for my healing spec to crit like 90k on my longest casting heal (greater heal) thats really hard to pull off in pvp let alone 150k for a dps spec =\

dnt u hav 70k PW: S? it all adds up

spriest is pretty bs i played on my hpally with a gladiator spriest and boy did he make me look good with off heals and shields and life swap.

the team kept up longer than it would normally would had we not played with a great spriest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is a post about people wanting free Hks simple as that if you want to prevent a ret from healing someone with instant fol dispel stack/blanket silence etc
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Honestly, Ret is the only hybrid spec that should really play like a hybrid. It should have good heals, and sacrifice damage because of it. Shadow should be able to drop form and Flash Heal reasonably well, but go oom after a short while.

Ret: quick, bursty heals that can be pumped out during damage but not spammable. Spamming heals ineffective due to mana. Damage is lower than other dps specs because of healing.

Shadow: Not very good heals, but can heal themselves for a while. Can spam heals more easily due to mana pool. Does not sacrifice damage in tradeoff, but cannot damage and heal at the same time. Overall weaker healing potential than Ret.

However, Ret being able to pump out 200k heals is dumb. They should be able to put out decent throughtput healing via WoG, and good burst (but not often) healing via FoL with Selfless Healer, but they shouldn't entirely replace a healer. Maybe 2/3 of one.

this has to be the most idiotic thing i have read on these forums.

what makes a ret anymore of a hybread the an enh shaman, ele shaman, feral or moonkin?
all hybread should have healing as a main defense, while "pure" dps classes should have higher burst to make up for a lack of healing. this wotlk/Cata "everyone can heal" bull !@#$ needs to go the way of the dodo.
Edited by Consummate on 2/9/2013 10:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
First time I agree with a shaman rant =[

Still, no non-healer should ever be able to pull off a heal that recover 30% of their HP, unless with a 3-minute CD.

We all know it won't survive, why keep making yourself look dumb defending it?
Edited by Vandress on 2/9/2013 11:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret needs the heals though, that's what people don't get. We don't have no DbtS, Dispersion, Shield Wall, Barskin, Survival Instincts, Defensive Stance, etc. All we have is a physical immunity, that's dispellable, a pure immunity, that's shatterable, and Divine Protection, which is actually a decent 40% magic damage reduction, (which is really the only nice one), or we can Glyph it to be a Barskin that we can't use while stunned. Our heals need to be high, as it's our only consistent defense. At least next patch Exorism will cause the Glyph of Templar's Verdict to work, that way we have some consistent damage reduction.

Also, I think people have forgotten that Ret is supposed to be a DEFENSIVE spec. It's why we wear Plate and have healing capabilities, with a lack of effective consistent damage. And the only reason our defensive system is based on heals, instead of damage reduction, is because we're a support class as well. I just don't see how come that's so hard to understand. So what? Pulling out a 190k CRIT heal on an ally about every 20 seconds. It's not even the health percentage of s11, and on a longer rev up timer than the CD back then, and now it's even preventable by dispelling. If you really wanna prevent it, use a Wound Poison on the Ret, drop it another 25% on top of its already 30% nerf. Don't forget Nerve Strike and Necrotics. Healing reduction or prevention is the direct counter to a Ret's defensive and support abilities. Besides, Ret can only heal so largely on allies. If you're really concerned about how large the Ret can heal, tunnel him. His heals are reduced on himself. You'll get to cut off his support and force him into playing defensive. You knock out two birds with one stone by tunneling the Ret.
Reply Quote
91 Human Mage
02/09/2013 11:40 PMPosted by Mvp
Ret needs the heals though, that's what people don't get. We don't have no DbtS, Dispersion, Shield Wall, Barskin, Survival Instincts, Defensive Stance, etc.
I kind of agree with this. Ret seems more reliant on off heals than other hybrids.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Ret needs the heals though, that's what people don't get. We don't have no DbtS, Dispersion, Shield Wall, Barskin, Survival Instincts, Defensive Stance, etc. All we have is a physical immunity, that's dispellable, a pure immunity, that's shatterable, and Divine Protection, which is actually a decent 40% magic damage reduction, (which is really the only nice one), or we can Glyph it to be a Barskin that we can't use while stunned. Our heals need to be high, as it's our only consistent defense. At least next patch Exorism will cause the Glyph of Templar's Verdict to work, that way we have some consistent damage reduction.

Also, I think people have forgotten that Ret is supposed to be a DEFENSIVE spec. It's why we wear Plate and have healing capabilities, with a lack of effective consistent damage. And the only reason our defensive system is based on heals, instead of damage reduction, is because we're a support class as well. I just don't see how come that's so hard to understand. So what? Pulling out a 190k CRIT heal on an ally about every 20 seconds. It's not even the health percentage of s11, and on a longer rev up timer than the CD back then, and now it's even preventable by dispelling. If you really wanna prevent it, use a Wound Poison on the Ret, drop it another 25% on top of its already 30% nerf. Don't forget Nerve Strike and Necrotics. Healing reduction or prevention is the direct counter to a Ret's defensive and support abilities. Besides, Ret can only heal so largely on allies. If you're really concerned about how large the Ret can heal, tunnel him. His heals are reduced on himself. You'll get to cut off his support and force him into playing defensive. You knock out two birds with one stone by tunneling the Ret.

every single time i see a ret pally QQ about how bad they are, how under powered they are, how every class is better.. i think of enh shamans and how bad they wish they had a defensive cool down other then a crappy talented 40% mitigation (AKA 10% resilience that cant be used in a stun) or shamanistic rage (AKA 6% resilience) that only lasts for 10 seconds...

and the really sad thing is that in terms of burst rets can nova harder then a shaman in ascendance, while in your bubble no less.

now im not saying rets are awesome, but that you have it just as bad as other classes this expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2013 11:47 PMPosted by Burnthesky
Ret needs the heals though, that's what people don't get. We don't have no DbtS, Dispersion, Shield Wall, Barskin, Survival Instincts, Defensive Stance, etc.
I kind of agree with this. Ret seems more reliant on off heals than other hybrids.

yeaa if all that was in 1 class...

and the really sad thing is that in terms of burst rets can nova harder then a shaman in ascendance, while in your bubble no less.

theres just no way ele does less dmg than a ret in bubble....

ele may suck but it probably burst harder than ret even outside of bubble with ascendance up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/10/2013 12:16 AMPosted by Sanctifiêd

about that...

bubble kinda reduces our damage by 50%...in addition to being dispellable :/

everything is dispellable

do you even play wow?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]