Good Spriest vs a good Warlock

70 Worgen Death Knight
If a good fully geared 2/2 malev Spriest had a duel between a good fully geared 2/2 malev warlock (Of any spec) who do you think would win?
Reply Quote
70 Worgen Death Knight
bump
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
The one that knows more about the opponent's class.

You're asking which one is better but they're both good for different reasons. If the warlock is well versed in a shadow priests offensive and defensive capabilities, he will win, visaverse for the spriest.

It's a silly question.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Spriest.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Depends on warlock spec. Demo owns 1v1
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

You're asking which one is better but they're both good for different reasons. If the warlock is well versed in a shadow priests offensive and defensive capabilities, he will win, visaverse for the spriest.

It's a silly question.
Thanks for the useless answer, captain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/09/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Crookston
Depends on warlock spec. Demo owns 1v1

This straight up, demo is unstoppable 1v1.
Reply Quote
spriest.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/10/2013 01:51 AMPosted by Freshlemons
spriest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Spriest with same skill wins every time has more defensive just as much cc and they drag the fight out until there's no CDs left then burst.
Warlocks only option is to burst hard and chain cc at the same time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I would say the warlock, because they have a lot more cooldowns to pop (thats a big deal in 1v1s).

Not only that, but all of the warlocks defensive don't inhibit their offense. This is really what makes them so strong in 1v1. Dispersion stops the spriests damage, swapping out to cast heals stops the spriests damage. Dark Bargain doesn't stop the warlocks damage, dark regeneration doesn't, nor does Unending Resolve. Unending resolve also makes them immune to silence, which is one of the tricks a spriest has.
Reply Quote
64 Human Priest
Shadow beats Afflic and Destro but loses to Demo 1 vs 1.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
If the Lock is Demo, he wins.
Shadow Priest should beat the other two, barring poor luck or the Destro starting with several burning embers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Destro clearly gets killed. Aff might have a chance if he goes GoSup and the Psyfiend is an idiot. Demo wins vs everything.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You really underestimate aff's ability to mess up an spriest.

It comes down to procs, really. Does the lock have a constant supply of shards during the fight? Does the shadow proc mind blasts regularly?

Did the lock have gates or a portal up first? Did the priest start with 3 orbs?

For example, I have undying will...that beats the silence. We both have a bubble.

I can take out his "buffs" or silence him with the Observer.

Howl to negate mindbender. Kill the psyfiend.

Fear at the end of dispersion...and UA to make dispells an issue.

Plus, I can cast and move, the priest can't.

I play both, and, IMO, it really comes down to proc's on the secondary resources/mindblasts.

There are very few spriests I encounter 1v1 that can quickly beat me, a few more that can win a long fight...most get below a certain point and just try to heal...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

It's a silly question.
Thanks for the useless answer, captain.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
The two are very similar.. they have silences, damage reductions, and fear.

So I reckon it would come down to the skill of the players rather then the spec/class.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

It's a silly question.

This is actually a valid point. Whys is trying to run up on me? Oh yeah to Fear bomb. What is that funky little ghost thing out there? I think a will just run out of range, so I am not chained feared.

As destruction I have different talent set-ups that allow me to 1v1 any class. Shadow Priest are no exception. If I have 4 embers and all CDs, gg.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]