I don't understand

1 Gnome Rogue
My rogue is in 2set dread, the rest is contenders and Dread Wastes gear.

Obviously she's going to get clobbered by anyone with some type of gear, especially as a Rogue.

My question is.. why should a player have to go through this? Yes, the 5.2 changes will make this easier, but it will NOT make it any easier grinding those first four pieces. It's hell. I'm practically useless outside of throwing in a good opener for OTHER people to take advantage of.

Doing Silvershard Mines.. DK grips me, he wasn't red so he didn't pop his trinket. He walks over to me, I use Feint because I KNOW inc stupid damage. Instead, I'm met with a 106k crit. I was around 70% health so I know it wasn't an execute type ability (I know DKs got some kind of execute this XPack).

Now what annoys me about this is the fact that I have to build so many combo points to do awful damage to someone with better gear, all this guy has to do is Outbreak and Obliterate (that's the only ability that could've even hit that hard, I'm guessing?).

I'm not complaining about class balance.. but jesus, can we add some gear brackets for PVP? Perhaps if you're below a certain item level, you're only grouped with people of a certain item level, and only face people of a certain item level (it'd obviously be an interval)? I feel practically useless, and I hear our survivability problems don't exactly get that much better later on.

I'm trying not to come off like a whiney noob here (I'm sure I am) but something should be done about this. We wonder why PVP participation is so low right now, I'll give you the definitive answer. It is WAY too frustrating to build a character for PVP nowadays. Let me elaborate.. the gear grind is the same as always, but the GAP between players with gear and without is truly disgusting, ESPECIALLY when Blizzard said something along the lines of...

"We plan on fixing the gap between players with and without gear" - Blizzard, Pre-MoP

Yes, they added some baseline resilience, but it doesn't do anything. My health is 50k below everyone else's. Why not add a system that, anyone below a certain health value is normalized to 350k health? They're just random BGs. It's not competitive, it's not destroying anything by letting other players get a chance to have fun.

EDIT: This is in the Arena forums because it is the closest sub-thread related to PVP that Blizzard will actually take a look at, for that is my goal here, to get Blizzard's attention.
Edited by Rykund on 2/9/2013 11:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
The gear gap has always existed like this. You have to grind out BGs and die over and over until you have a starter set before you can even enter arena.

I remember hitting my pally to 80 (wotlk level cap), he was in full greens but I managed to tank my rating to 600 and start winning.

The real problem is PvP Power gives people too much damage gearing up to the point where if you don't have a PvP weapon you do almost no damage.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
It just annoys me that they said they'd fix it.. gear gaps have always sucked, yes, but this time around they said they'd have a solution.

I agree, I'm not sure why all of my Power is concentrated into 1 or 2 weapons that you can't purchase without basically having purchased 4set/double trinket yet. It's seems like kind of a convoluted process.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
In blizzards defence they had alot of problems in pvp at the start of 5.1 and this season would have dragged on and on if they did not have people upgrade there gear and keep us spending weekly points.

The upgrades made a bigger problem because the gap became much larger from no gear to full gear. Warriors and hunters at the start of the 5.1 were kind of broken and there still trying to nerf them down to resonable levels.
Edited by Xavour on 2/9/2013 5:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You could always just sit in stealth the entire time. I don't think anyone would blame you.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
02/09/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Saricc
You could always just sit in stealth the entire time. I don't think anyone would blame you.

This. Rogues have it easy gearing up in BGs
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
02/09/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Rykund
It just annoys me that they said they'd fix it.. gear gaps have always sucked, yes, but this time around they said they'd have a solution.
Honestly, I think 5.2 will fix it. Theres some major changes coming down the line directly meant to address this problem. Because you're completely right. The gear gap is the worst this season than its ever been.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

The real problem is PvP Power gives people too much damage gearing up to the point where if you don't have a PvP weapon you do almost no damage.

This, 1000x times over.

It was an amazingly dumb idea to introduce PvP Power in the first place, much less put a full third of it on a single item.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
PvP Power is fine. Not making honor weapons is not. It forces newer characters to be at a disadvantage in both bgs and arenas.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
02/09/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Gethrian
PvP Power is fine. Not making honor weapons is not. It forces newer characters to be at a disadvantage in both bgs and arenas.

There have never been honor weapons for the primary season of an expansion.

Suck up and wait until the next season when you can get weapons via honor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]