So, 'bout those Blood Death Knights

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yea, bleeding seems a bit far-fetched, as seeing how death knights would have no blood-flow, anyways, if my character cannot feel pain how do ya RP that without seeming like a sue?

Greth slices deep into Reiketsu's stomach with his dagger
Reiketsu looks at Greth with a raised brow.
Reketsu says: Well that was rude...

though if I equally play out the effects of holy magic, it might not be as sue...

Melra sees Reiketsu's deep wounds and begins casting a healing spell.
Melra says: Don't worry, I'll fix you up!
Reiketsu falls to her knees and spasms violently on the ground.
Reketsu yells: Oh my god, it burns! what is wrong with you! I am undead you stupid paladin!

Just thought of something else while trying to think up backstory and fill in any obvious plot holes...Are blood elf death knights still addicted to magic / fel energy? I would think not as seeing how that addiction was pretty much like eating / drinking for blood elves, neither of which death knights need to do, and our green fel eye glow is now replaced with cold blue eyes.
Edited by Reiketsu on 2/15/2013 3:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
oops double post, didnt realize my last one went to page 2 so re-submitted it after not seeing
Edited by Reiketsu on 2/15/2013 2:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Greth slices deep into Reiketsu's stomach with his dagger
Reiketsu looks at Greth with a raised brow.
Reketsu says: Well that was rude...

though if I equally play out the effects of holy magic, it might not be as sue...

Melra sees Reiketsu's deep wounds and begins casting a healing spell.
Melra says: Don't worry, I'll fix you up!
Reiketsu falls to her knees and spasms violently on the ground.
Reketsu yells: Oh my god, it burns! what is wrong with you! I am undead you stupid paladin!

Yea..I feel the sueness is canceled out by the fact that healing them with holy light hurts them.

For my Death Knight....

Jose stabs Renlis.

Renlis flinches, but doesn't seem to be overly effected by it "That's suppose to hurt? Damn kids.."

Renlis pulls out said knife and stabs Jose in the leg, then uses Jose's blood to heal his own wound "Idiot."

They'd probably flinch at best, but other than that it's just...what? The light is..well..you know that answer already.
Reply Quote
kay, here is what I've came up with so far...I'l keep it to basic facts..

Died defending Silvermoon from scourge; raised as death knight
Wasn't released from the Lich King's control until he died.
Rank while in the scourge maybe junior / warrant officer?
Upon being freed she had extreme anger to what was done to her, and wanted revenge, but seeing as how Arthas was already defeated she just wondered Northrend slaying any reminents of the scourge she could find.
She eventually met up with a group of forsaken whom also where on clean up duty in Northerend, and started fighting along side them.
They invited her to join the forsaken along with other ex-scourge who were recently freed from control including a handful of other death knights and valk'yre.
Was officially made a member of the forsaken and horde after meeting Sylvanas*
----No she was not hand picked Sylvanas, that just seems to "special case" more like, "see that big group of ex-scourge? yea I'm taking them in" and Reketsu was in that group.

---
Any thoughts on this? any major contradictions / plot holes i need to fix, and is making my story state that I was not one the ebon blades from light's hope to taboo?

Like I mentioned the reason I am trying to make my character not affiliated with Light's Hope, is because I'd be making a new death knight on an RP realm, and all those events happened long ago, so if I want to be a new member of the horde, I need to find an alternative way to have been recruited.
Edited by Reiketsu on 2/15/2013 4:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/15/2013 04:09 AMPosted by Reiketsu
Died defending Silvermoon from scourge; raised as death knight

Fiinne.

Wasn't released from the Lich King's control until he died.

Seems fair enough.

Rank while in the scourge maybe junior / warrant officer?

The only ranks I know when it comes to Death Knights are initiates and a few scourge commanders. Nothing really much after that.

Upon being freed she had extreme anger to what was done to her, and wanted revenge, but seeing as how Arthas was already defeated she just wondered Northrend slaying any reminents of the scourge she could find.

I wouldn't really think of them being that angry. Seeing as Arthas is dead, they would feel some relief that they are freed, but then angry by what they had done and THEN what had happened to them. Though, I'd see them hide out for a bit before joining the ranks of the Ebon Blade.

They invited her to join the forsaken along with other ex-scourge who were recently freed from control including a handful of other death knights and valk'yre.

Don't really see this working. We are unsure of how the valk'yre and Sylvanas struck their little bargin. As said before, they'd probably join the Horde through the Ebon Blade
Reply Quote
02/15/2013 04:48 AMPosted by Cøron
The only ranks I know when it comes to Death Knights are initiates and a few scourge commanders. Nothing really much after that.

Only reason I mentioned junior officer is to explain all the non-standard issue gear I have, such as red recolor of starter set, and POSSIBLY my bloodbathed frostbrood vanquisher, though that seems more likely to be rewarded to VERY high up ranks, not just lower officers.

Don't really see this working. We are unsure of how the valk'yre and Sylvanas struck their little bargin. As said before, they'd probably join the Horde through the Ebon Blade

Hmmm pretty gray area, I watched a youtube video of the conversation between Sylvanas and Garrosh, not a lot of insight...but from what I know of forsaken lore, they highly value free will, so the valk'yre are there of there on volition. Also if I am not mistaken forsaken are not to picky on who they take in, referencing the leper gnome forsaken member on this one.

As for the Knights of the Ebon blade, it seems it would be harder to back up getting in through them, as I wouldn't have any letter from Fordling, though at this point of history I'd guess they are trusted by both horde and alliance. I'm still finding it much easier to tie my character in with the Forsaken then Ebon Blade, guess there could be Ebon Blade clean up crews too I could run into, not sure if they would be as gun-ho to get new recruits as the Forsaken.

Guess I need to pick deeper into both Ebon Blade and Forsaken lore a bit, guess I can try to find any events of Ebon Blade taking new recruits of newly freed scourge after Arthas' death.

-----------

Thanks for the critique! feeling little bit better about breaking from the standard way DKs enter the horde :)
Edited by Reiketsu on 2/15/2013 5:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Read "Edge of the Night".

As for rankings.

The Death Knights of Acherus:
  • Initiates
  • Disciples
  • Knights
  • Champions
  • Knight Commander
  • Scourge Commander
  • Highlord

The Knights of the Ebon Blade:
  • Initiates
  • Disciples
  • Knights
  • Vindicators
  • Defenders
  • Champions
  • Commanders
  • Darkrider
  • Grand Champion
  • Lord-Commanders
  • Dread Commander
  • Highlord

Not necessarily in order from lowest to highest but I organized it about as close as I could.

To clarify, those are the ranks seen in-game. It is entirely possible that a "Knight Commander" rank exists in the Ebon Blade but has not been seen.

Scourge Commander and Dread Commander refer to one person alone, Thalanor. Grand Champion refers to Crok Scourgebane. Highlord is, well, Darion.

Titles of nobility are also common. Assuming they follow real chivalric ranks, this would follow as: Duke (or Duchess), Baron (or Baroness), Knight (or Dame), Lord (or Lady) - though it seems lordship in Warcraft implies higher rank than knighthood as all members of the Ebon Blade are knights.

Characters who follow this include Duke Lankral, Duchess Mynx, Baron Sliver, Lord Thorval, and Lady Alistra. Lord-Commander Arete might also count, though his title could also be interpreted as a combination of both his rank of nobility and military rank.

02/15/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Reiketsu
Are blood elf death knights still addicted to magic / fel energy? I would think not as seeing how that addiction was pretty much like eating / drinking for blood elves, neither of which death knights need to do, and our green fel eye glow is now replaced with cold blue eyes.

Blizzard has already answered this. No, blood elf death knights no longer need to feed on magic but their need to cause pain to others has replaced this.

Glowing eye colour is a common feature of almost all undead (or those who have eyes, at least) and has no bearing on your physical state beyond signifying passage into undeath. The eye colour seems to vary based on individual - blue eyes are also seen in Lord Godfrey, Master Forteski, and Lilian Voss, none of whom are death knights. Red eyes can be seen in Lady Alistra who is a death knight.

Sylvanas actually once demonstrated the ability to turn her eyes from white to red based on emotion.
Edited by Mebahiah on 2/15/2013 11:47 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]