Slowest pace DPS class?

90 Pandaren Hunter
What class has the slowest rotation, fewest button clicks/presses per minute, but still has decent damage output?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Offhand I'd guess rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Without doing math, I agree it's probably rogues. Any class with mana is out because any GCD you aren't casting something is wasted. Hunters have Steady/Cobra shot to press any time they aren't pressing something more important. DKs and monks each have two resources operating at once meaning they end up pressing more buttons.

Energy is the most measured resource by definition, and ferals tend to have more energy regen mechanics and attacks that cost less than rogues, meaning rogues press fewer buttons.
Edited by Mitosis on 2/9/2013 5:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
http://www.simulationcraft.org/505/Raid_T14H.html#Rogue_Assassination_T14H

Waiting: 45.04%

Excluding other rogue specs (that also have high waiting times), ferals are a close second.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Fascinating, thanks! What about caster classes that channel a lot or have long casting times?
Edited by Ivy on 2/9/2013 5:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
59 Draenei Death Knight
Yeah, Blizzard's design of the Rogue class in Pandaria is impeccable and refreshing. We get to have the majority of our output come from just being there.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 05:29 AMPosted by Ivy
Fascinating, thanks! What about caster classes that channel a lot or have long casting times?

Probably Elemental Shaman. Most of the damage is Lightning Bolt spam and Lava Burst.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/09/2013 05:29 AMPosted by Ivy

I'd say Spriest but their damage is pretty low atm.
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Turmoyl

With DoTs, DP , and Mind Blast, I'd say that Shadow is one of the more high maintenance specs. A lot of time is spent channeling Mind Flay, I guess, but you got a lot of other things to watch.l
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Frost DK presses very few buttons and can have some mean downtime in bad gear, but it's nothing compared to rogue.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/09/2013 05:08 AMPosted by Mitosis
Energy is the most measured resource by definition, and ferals tend to have more energy regen mechanics and attacks that cost less than rogues, meaning rogues press fewer buttons.

Not quite. Feral energy regen is manually driven with Tiger's Fury while the 3 rogue specs have passive energy regen mechanics. That, along with poisons, are why rogues press fewer buttons.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
Mut is a high wait time spec, but the other two have much less downtime. Combat in particular is quite spammy with the SS/RvS

Also, rogue GCD is baseline 1 sec, compared to the 1.5 sec baseline everyone else (except feral) gets, so when you're spamming SS trying to keep from capping energy, you're doing it more often.

Mut is a very maintenance-oriented playstyle. What I mean is you don't actively smash the boss like you do with other classes/specs. You get Rupture up, get Slice and Dice up, and keep them both at 100% uptime as long as mechanics don't force you to let them drop. Pop Shadow Blades and Vendetta on cooldown (as long as you'll be able to make use of the max duration of the cooldown) and put up a Recup if necessary. Only a few reactive abilities, and usually those can be used to avoid having to move out of the bad. Feint for aoe, Cloak for spell damage, glyphed to be able to use on cleaves. Lots of waiting for regen either to do the next mut or to pool before your envenom. Sub 35% it does get a little spammy when you're able to use Dispatch instead of Mut (2.5 sec less wait time per combo builder)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/09/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Mahourai
Frost DK presses very few buttons and can have some mean downtime in bad gear, but it's nothing compared to rogue.

dk's can just fingerroll 2 buttons with an occasional slapping of 3 others, literally. Go DW frost and still stack haste so you get FS to deal equal damage to obliterate, then you can ignore KM proc priorities (even though it's technically a dps loss).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/09/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Resonance

Not quite. Feral energy regen is manually driven with Tiger's Fury while the 3 rogue specs have passive energy regen mechanics. That, along with poisons, are why rogues press fewer buttons.

To be fair, feral only gets to use TF twice a minute. The rest of the time you can go make a sandwich while waiting years to get enough energy to Shred.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/09/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Flintte

With DoTs, DP , and Mind Blast, I'd say that Shadow is one of the more high maintenance specs. A lot of time is spent channeling Mind Flay, I guess, but you got a lot of other things to watch.l

Spriest is so easy i fall asleep doing rotation. Want fast pace take FDCL otherwise for a slow pace take mindbender(the only time FDCL pulls ahead of mindbender is high movement fights). I will agree its a maintenance rotation but i do not feel its as fast pace as other ranges by a long shot(except for arcane maybe?)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Also, rogue GCD is baseline 1 sec, compared to the 1.5 sec baseline everyone else (except feral) gets

I don't disagree with any of your post and think you're spot on, I'd just like to harmlessly point out that Hunters also have a baseline 1 sec GCD now as well.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Paladin
I totally forgot about the hunters
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/09/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Turmoyl

Our casts are all at the GCD with the exception of MF, but you shouldn't be channeling that many MFs for their full duration on most fights this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm slow, and priests are to fast for me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Feral, IMO. Elemental shaman is definitely not it; I have one of both, and feral feels way, way slower.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]